Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

alive88

Nov 24, 2007
first of all, im a newbies..not much i can help, but ill try to..:)
there's a lot of things that can be done to ur car..too bad im no expert in explaining though..u either can build an NA engine with high compression or u can take the most popular shortcut, using forced induction, or better known as Turbo..
btw, 4g15 and 4g91 is the engine code..both is 1.5cc, and the major difference is 4g15 is SOHC(single overhead camshaft) and 4g91 is DOHC(Double Overhead Camshaft).
From performance wise, 4g91 is faster, but with correct and skilled modifications, 4g15 could overrun 4g91..
just my 2 cents..btw,im driving wira a/b with 4g15.

miez

Sep 28, 2009
jb
true2..i've been using it..cap ayam..the salesman said"good2..can increase pick up liao"..dem i shouldnt trust him..regret buying it..PZ extractor is RM440 in pasir gudang's MZ Auto..another 1 week to buy..

Mrnazmi

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2005
Drag City
Visit site
i drive a saga lmst...
i want to know what can i do to my car and what is this ppl calling 4g15, 4g91??
i really dunno what they're talking about...
i'm a real noob about cars and want to learn a few thing bout my car..

i wanted to modifiy my car to go much faster and can do good handling...
what can i do to achieve this?
hope u guys can help me...

4G15 is engine coding for Proton car which is 1500cc, but it's a single cam.
4G91 is engine coding for Mitsubishi (Lancer) which is 1500cc, but it's a twin cam, more powerful than 4G15 for the stock engine.
It's depend on your budget bro, if higher than can make your car faster lor...hehehe.
Try to do some port n polish head first, re-do the exhaust system and try to use racing clutch plate. This may help you car to go more faster compare with standard..:driver:

azrin95

Known Member
Jul 11, 2008
i drive a saga lmst...
i want to know what can i do to my car and what is this ppl calling 4g15, 4g91??
i really dunno what they're talking about...
i'm a real noob about cars and want to learn a few thing bout my car..

i wanted to modifiy my car to go much faster and can do good handling...
what can i do to achieve this?
hope u guys can help me...
Do:-

1.Port & polish
2.Insert performance camshaft + adj cam pulley
3.Insert piggy back - various piggy back can be choose depend on budget

Shafiq350Z

Dec 25, 2006
Selangor
Hye guys, i got saga lmst 1st version. And its still N/A. I want ask if i put an Intercooler, do i need change my pipe and manifold? and can put a B.O.V also ?

azrin95

Known Member
Jul 11, 2008
Hye guys, i got saga lmst 1st version. And its still N/A. I want ask if i put an Intercooler, do i need change my pipe and manifold? and can put a B.O.V also ?

Major mod need to done to become a turbo....it cost u lot of $$$......pikir2kan lah...if you just want to put the i/c as a dummy...it also ok as it will satisfied you...becoz nowdays i can see lot of dummy i/c on the car...lol

For me if i still using this engine, like i said, i will choose as below mod:-

1.Port & polish
2.Insert performance camshaft + adj cam pulley
3.Insert piggy back - various piggy back can be choose depend on budget
4.AFR

I think this setup give a lot of diff than the standard....

My opinon only....newbie

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
haha my friend...

has turbo ride....but still put big dummy i/c infront...

we called it twin i/c car....(as supposed to be twin turbo) :lol:

azrin95

Known Member
Jul 11, 2008
What is:

AFR

Piggy back

~Soz im newb~
AFR - Adj Fuel Regulator - to control fuel pressure

Piggy back - additional management other than ecu (example - e-manage) - cheat the ecu - this only for injection not for carbie

Correct me if i'm wrong.....newbie

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

haha my friend...

has turbo ride....but still put big dummy i/c infront...

we called it twin i/c car....(as supposed to be twin turbo) :lol:
:biggrin:

Shafiq350Z

Dec 25, 2006
Selangor
AFR - Adj Fuel Regulator - to control fuel pressure

Piggy back - additional management other than ecu (example - e-manage) - cheat the ecu - this only for injection not for carbie

Correct me if i'm wrong.....newbie

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

:biggrin:
Thx bro. And how about Dyno? for saga, which is suitable.» HP/whp/bhp ?

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
I have a problem to ask..

My engine bay gave me lots of 'loose parts' sound when im going off a bumper.. sounds like engine want to fall off..my car is wira se near 6 years old... traveled more than 300k km..

What may cause the problem? is it the bushing? if its the bushing, how much the cost to change it all ? i prefer oem, coz PU is wayyy expensive..

Thanks..

klywh1

Mar 11, 2009
I have the same ride with u , almost same yrs too 2004 right?? =) I think u need to send your car to your mech work shop, jack up the car, check lower cross member bushi(2 biji oem) if broken just chnage- under normal wear & tear item :p (if your dashboard vibrate more than normal-the sign), cost I forgot liao the engine top left & right mouthing very durable one seldom *rosak* but better check, mine 1 still in good shape , since your car jack up already 1 shoot check all lahhh I mean any under chassis damage & lower arm bush(any sign of harden/damage & etc & blarrrrr

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
I have the same ride with u , almost same yrs too 2004 right?? =) I think u need to send your car to your mech work shop, jack up the car, check lower cross member bushi(2 biji oem) if broken just chnage- under normal wear & tear item :p (if your dashboard vibrate more than normal-the sign), cost I forgot liao the engine top left & right mouthing very durable one seldom *rosak* but better check, mine 1 still in good shape , since your car jack up already 1 shoot check all lahhh I mean any under chassis damage & lower arm bush(any sign of harden/damage & etc & blarrrrr
Thanks for the reply... is there any reliable shop in ipoh or kl/selangor area?? i just dont want to end up in anyshop... take a little look then ask to change lots of things... last shop i went asked me to change lower arm... all of it..

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ralph Lauren is transporting his most exquisite car collection to the Musée des Arts Décoratifs in Paris for a special exhibit called "The Art of the Automobile: Masterpieces from the Ralph Lauren Collection".

The exhibition opens from the 28th of April till 28th of August, 2011, where a selection of Ralph Lauren's most prestigious sports cars from the 1930s to the present day is on show for the first...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience