Proposal to include blackbox in cars could mean the end of everything fun on the road

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Our glory days of getting away with traffic offenses will soon come to an end if the US government approves a bill that requires the mandatory addition of black boxes and brakes override mechanisms to all new cars and trucks. It's not like the decision of the US government affects us here in Malaysia or anywhere else, but if implemented successfully it could create a precedent for other countries, including us in Malaysia.

The black box of the car works somewhat like the black box in an airplane, but instead of recording the pilots conversations and all the essential information needed to fly a plane, the box in a car will only track information shortly before and after an accident for a specified period of time in order to help investigators determine the cause of an accident. I'm guessing that the investigators concerned could be those from insurance companies who stand to loose millions in fraudulent claims.

If the bill passes the House of Representatives, it will be sent to the Senate for a final vote before officially becoming law. Then slowly but surely the black box will take over the world and possibly even evolve from tracking traffic accidents to tracking vehicle data like speed, distance, amount of fuel, whether or not you were wearing seat belts and who knows it could even track if you were getting a head job while you were driving, which could get you into a lot of trouble for not paying attention to the road. So people, enjoy your freedom now for it shall not last.

Source: AutoBlog

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Re: Proposal to include blackbox in cars could mean the end of everything fun on the

in malaysia sure everytime lalu over potholes this device recording it as "crash"

:lol:

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

in malaysia sure everytime lalu over potholes this device recording it as "crash"

:lol:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear guys,

Need some of your feedback although i've read similar threads discussion the same issue.

The issue is my water temp currently shows temp running abit high during cruising, speeding and boosting.

On traffic jams, temp will remain at 90-95c

Cruising on highway, temp will raise up till 100c

Boosting at 0.8 bar will raise up to 110c

Here are the some tech specs of my car

-4EFTE engine

-D&D (4 core aluminium) civic eg radiator

-Removed thermostat

-Toyota...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience