Programming help need..

shiroii_neko

Known Member
Jul 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Hie : i need programming help here to solve this error code

Im building a web based application using ASP.Net 2003 and its connects to Ms.Acces 2000 Db.. When i de-bug i receive tis error msg

"The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\DB\db2.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. "

Is this a complicated error ??
Thx in advance

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
perhaps you shall close your previous DB connection. do a a try catch error and close the db connection if you hit error.

switch to MSDA , better performance and no 1 using MDB in industry

shiroii_neko

Known Member
Jul 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
err what is MSDA ??

managed to correct the error.. i get the data source (.mdb file) from my thumb drive instead from my laptop.. so weird

shiroii_neko

Known Member
Jul 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
IS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition difficlut to learn ??

nashlovebrown

2,000 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
kl
shiroii_neko said:
if u got experience in SQL 2000 then wont be prob...if not then abit difficult...but what to do, must always adopt the new technologies..

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
shiroii_neko said:
easier than Access :biggrin: learning is what you suppose to do, no matter difficult or easy.

You shall ask question like, "Will it be useful for my future job carrier if I know this?" guess you got the answer. :biggrin:

tones of guide available internet.

shiroii_neko

Known Member
Jul 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
from job vacancy adevetised, they prefer skills in SQL Server and Oracle.. u guys self taught SQL Server 2005 ?? i dun ecen know how to use SQL Server 2000..

shiroii_neko

Known Member
Jul 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Thx for da advice... if only private colleges inclue both Oracle and SQL Server as part of the curiculum... hhhehe.. Back to square one no short cut in life to suceed.. Black Samurai you must a senior in IT field ??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, anyone interested with Mugen RR bodykit for Civic FD1 & FD2. excellent quality & PP material. Best deal in town. PM me for more details. happy modding braderz....cheers:proud:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience