probs buying an old car

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

sweetzmic

Known Member
To start... went to view a car 3 weeks ago.. so thought it wuz quite a good deal and the condition wuz reli gud... decided to re-view it with a mech in a reputable car shop in PJ... so the shop checked it thoroughly n told me tat the car is fine. Thing is, this wuz a private sale which went through a family fren of mine who is d middle person..

1st prob: the fella tat wuz sellin me d car hasn't renewed d roadtax since 2003, and he didnt transfer the car to his name either..
2nd prob: he got the grant transfered to my name and collected full payment of car.. telling me tat i had to pay a 400 undertable money as the back windscreen wuz too dark... my 'fren' told him it wuz unfair n therefore said tat i'll take dis as a normal sale and pay 150 as for puspakom fees...
3rd prob: runner tells me tat i have to wait a week for road tax cos it has to be sent outstation.. he's took my original grant for 2 weeks now.. tellin me that he's sick, jpj line down, officer on leave sick, selangor holiday.. every friggin thing in the excuses book lah..
4th prob: as the ex-owner told me of the things inside the car, it wuz a bit hard to believe, so decided to check with d shop where the car wuz done in sunway... as i walked in.. they told me...that it wuz running on haltech and therefore Upgraded to an edamage..so "SHE" thinks i'm gonna buy that a standalone-piggyback is an upgrade..and not forgetting the specs which they dont wanna disclose to me unless i were to go back there
5th prob: when i recieved the car, the owner made a huge dent in the exhaust which is also gonna cost me.... after servicing, i realised that d disc rotor wuz also warped and therefore another sum had to be brought out...

jus trying to state that d probs n humiliation of going through the whole process is utter nonsense... going to reputable shops which regard me as a fool n then giving me reasons for which they are not to blame... (ie, while fixin disc rotors, mech forgot to put one of the nuts on my rims cos he said he wuz too bz.. me[too bz doin what? trying my car? %^?^$]

end note.. not to say everyone's bad as i've come accross the few that would help whether or not it wuz for their benefit....

1. I believe in step 2... its settled.

2. Windscreen too dark is not your fault... its the ex-owner's fault. You shouldn't have to pay for the undertable money. He stupid or what? Its like having to pay up HIS unpaid speeding tickets when u buy the car.

3. Ask the runner to return everything and get another runner to do it. If he still doesn't hurry or anything, you can always make a BIG fuss out of it and report it to the authorities. The car registered in another state is it? Why have to send outstation for check up wan?

4. Totally don't understand a thing u're saying here... haltech is a standalone ECU... without an ECU how did u manage to drive the car in the first place? I'm assuming its running on the OEM ECU right now... without haltech. And btw, haltech -> emanage is a downgrade, not an upgrade. Shouldn't u get the specs of the car from the previous owner instead of the workshop?

5. Assuming the dent wasn't there upon agreement of sale, you have every right to cancel the sale for a full refund or ask him to pay for the damages... since after the sale agreement has been made, its sort of considered 'yours' already... him damaging the exhaust is damaging 'your' property. Another way of looking at it is u not getting what you've paid for.

When shit like this happens... everyone points their fingers else where. A friend of mine bought a hyundai s coupe only to find out the road tax wasn't renewed for almost 2 years, and there were several unpaid summonses, car was registered outstation... and believe it or not... he's been driving the car for more than half a year now and the registration card still not yet kau tim!! The car is already rightfully his... named changed and everything, gor roadtax liau... but the bank hasn't released the loan to the 2nd hand car dealer yet, coz' the documents weren't complete.

As if that wasn't bad enuff.... about 2 weeks after he first collected the car, the whole car condemned! Sent to hyundai service centre to get quotation on repairs... added up to 6k!! He went for a full transplant instead.... better investment, plus get to upgrade engine. Unfortunately the engine registration hasn't been done yet, coz' the bank hasn't recieved the car registration card yet from the 2nd hand car dealer.

So to all... just be careful kays! The 2nd hand dealer i'm talking about is the one next to the motorola bridge... just next to the cargo (along LDP).

yes, tat's why windscreen too dark not my fault, but it wuz pretty useless arguing with the ex-owner, so i wuz like whatever lah, jus pay the 150 and get it done..

the car wuz registered in kl.. thing is, the owner hasnt reg d car since 2003 so tats y i've gotta get it checked at puspakom.. if not i could pass it to a runner to settle which would take 5 working days.. the current runner that im using is actually the ex-owners runner cos he owns a car shop... so okay, the 150 which i paid is added wit the owners 250 to cover for the runner fees and undertable fees of rm400.. since the grant has been transferred, cover note done, etc and i've got all the documents and reciepts, i passed it to his runner to do.. his runner tells me that it's gotta be done outstation... so fine.. i give u a week, now he comes back with reasons like oh, tmrw public hol.. n i asked.. "it is? i tot u doin it outstation n tmrw is s'gor's hol" then he replies with... "oh, no lah, officer took leave lah.. sorry.. u try to understand lah.. jpj line down these few days, saya pun tak tau macam apa...." so today asked him, by fri can u get the roadtax? he sez 'yes' then i ask.. can u promise? "NO".. wtf? :blink:

Ok.. as for the Haltech/E-manage thing.. that wuz wat i wuz trying to say... y would u call it an upgrade... when one is a piggyback and the other is a standalone... so i replied with whatever... as for specs of the car.. since it's soo rojak.. i cant even tell whats in it.. the ex-owner says.. oh yah theres damn a lot of stuff inside it... when i do check, diff workshops reply me differently.. dis is cos the car wuz fully done by this workshop, n d owner trusts him completely so i guess he himself is also unsure or either lying abt it.. so i go to 2 other "KNOWN" shops... one shop claims 100% that my cams are in there, another says dun think so, but could check when u actually find out when u get the edamage password from the previous shop.. so whilst asking the cars usual shop for the password and specs, tat iz what they gave me... "a FORGOT gotta check and (lansi ppl rolling their eyes while saying) dun understand AH? haltech upgrade 2 emanage" fine... fine... :angry:

as 4 d dent.. im gettin it fixed, as i've got everything else fixed.. btw, the ex-owner is also a very erh rich n powerful person? haha.. if i wuz more specific.. it'll b 2 obvious.. he sez he doesnt know anythin abt it and mayb d carwash guy did it... as 4 my middle person/family friend.. i realised tat i wuz bein told to do things too d car that wuz way outta my league.. he wuz expecting me to buy imported topgrade engine oil, gear oil, brakes, everything! truthfully i cant say tat i know much abt cars, or anythin to do with all this but after realising tat the trust there wuz manipulated wuz a wake up call. <_<

but shit.. ur fren looks like he got it worse.. its so annoying tat these probs happen.. no matter what.. the buyer will alwiz b d one to bear all costs or probs after the sale.. :unsure:

only a few possibility sunway's workshop that deals with haltech and emanage , .. :)

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom