Prelude 3rd Gen issue

AE75

Known Member
Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi,
Recently just brought an ancient prelude (3rd Gen), and found few question on it.
1. My meter when low speed, the needle seem like jumping up and down up and down. Are it mean the spedometer broken? Or just replace the meter cable will do?

2. Front and rear absorber. I do found it look quite similar to SV4, SM4, BB4, and etc... So does it changeable among this model?

Civic Type R

Known Member
Jun 6, 2011
Sarawak
forum.myviclub.com
Hi,
Recently just brought an ancient prelude (3rd Gen), and found few question on it.
1. My meter when low speed, the needle seem like jumping up and down up and down. Are it mean the spedometer broken? Or just replace the meter cable will do?

2. Front and rear absorber. I do found it look quite similar to SV4, SM4, BB4, and etc... So does it changeable among this model?
1. Its the speed sensor if not mistaken.. Just changed mine on an EG..

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Some meters are operated based on cable, while some jdm version has speed sensor within.

AE75

Known Member
Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Anyone know about the absorber? It look pretty same with SV4, SM4, BB1 - BB6.... Hmmmm...

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
Anyone know about the absorber? It look pretty same with SV4, SM4, BB1 - BB6.... Hmmmm...
check meter cable..if your model use speedo sebsor just change it..your problem will solve...for absorber..if look same..try to use it..many honda parts can use for some models...

AE75

Known Member
Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi... thanks for all suggestion above... now the problem solved.

but another issue coming up again. Recently i change the speed meter cable and Auto tranny oil. Who know after I change it, the Sport mode - S4 can't stay engage. It will automatically turn off by itself, which make me from 4th gear suddently changed to 3rd gear. If on D mode, it work like usual. Anything went wrong?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Some of you might now be upset knowing that the skateboard attack on this MP4-12C's windshield a few days ago was indeed a hoax, wondering if anything in this world is genuine anymore.

Well, that's the case now with the video. For those who missed the incident, you can watch it below:

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l7yt-VPYtOA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0"...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience