PPI sharpens the Razor GTR-10

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Tuning companies tend not to focus on a specific make in producing their kits or packages so as to appeal to a wider target market. Of course there are a select few that choose to concentrate on a specific make to provide more quality offerings to their customers.

One such tuning house is PPI Automotive Design that solely adds their touch to the cars with the four rings on their grille. That said, it’s no surprise that PPI cars are always a step above the rest.

Now, the Audi-exclusive tuner has announced plans to build just 10 units of their Audi R8 based Razor GTR-10. It may be visually similar to the previous Razor GTR, but the only parts shared are the front hood, front bumper and rear diffuser. Everything else has been redesigned.

Motivation is provided by the V10 engine with some slight upgrades. A roof mounted ram air-intake system helps it breathe easier while a sports exhaust aids in venting spent gasses. Finishing things up is a remap of the ignition mapping. Final figures stand at 601hp and 565Nm of torque, almost a hundred horsepower over the factory figures.

Exterior wise, the redesigned body kit has been wind tunnel tested and is constructed of carbon fiber. It’s functional in cooling as well, directing cool air to the engine oil cooler and brakes. The generous use of carbon fiber around the body has lead to a weight saving of 250kg.

Adding all those figures up, the power combined with the weight saving and the modified R-Tronic transmission deals the century sprint in 3.2-seconds and onto a top speed of 335km/h.

Keeping weight down further are the Mag11 Forged Aluminium PPI wheels that measure 19x9 at the front and 20x12 at the rear. Tyres are non other than Michelin Pilot Sport 2 lining up 245/35 at the front and 325/25 for the rear.

Stopping power is provided courtesy of six-piston calipers on the front chomping on 380mm rotors and 356mm for the back. Of course, Audi’s very own Carbon Ceramic Brake System is available but PPI have their own higher friction brake pads for more bite.

Handling is handled by a KW coilover kit. Road bumps can be dealt with by PPI’s hydraulic lift system that can give the car an extra 45mm of lift if the need arises.

Ultra exclusivity is the name of the game, and with only 10 units to be made, each one is identified by an aluminium plaque framed in carbon fiber with the serial number.

Source: WorldCarFans

Attachments

kethon27

Known Member
May 8, 2006
i think Audi should hire some of these kind of ppl to design their cars....Way lots better than stock..!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello everyone, im new to this forum and i have a question, my family has owned a perodua kancil l200 for years now and we have plans to restored it. my question is has the mira l200 body kit available for sale here? im from brunei btw

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience