• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

soulseaker

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2005
From today onwards,

Petrol raised RM0.10
Diesel raised RM0.20

Yesterday night long que at the petrol station to fill up. How much can a full tank of petrol save until so many people queing up to fill petrol. Let say an average car can hold 50 litre, he only can save RM5. For that RM 5, people drive out from their house purposely to fill their petrol, is it worth the time, money and hassle.

ambayah

1,000 RPM
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
Thats what I think also. Friend call me also, he said dont want to fill eh tonight full tank.

I ask "why?"

He said, "ye lah save money a bit."

I replied "Then you waste money to go to the petrol station, and then buy some foods over there, and maybe lepak a bit at mamak, confirm waste more then 7 ringgit already"

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
im here not to talk politics.....but i wonder y since our Perdana Menteri is changed....d petrol n diesel price keep on rising....u all can feels tat?????

im sad la....always naik harga.....mati lo like tat

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
diesel prices should go up but not petrol. Diesel should be more expensive than petrol logically because it requires more crude oil to produce a unit of diesel as compared to petrol, if you study the refinery process you'll understand

soulseaker

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2005
This is because malaysian subsidies a lot on the diesel. Thought that diesel price raised oklah cause this few weeks got so many diesel finnish problem.

First they have the quota system, maybe this system only a scapegoat for them to raise the price. Raise the diesel price enoughlah since diesel is the one which giving problem, they shouldn't raise the petrol price.

soulseaker

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2005
If like this goes on, my petrol tank need RM 60 to full tank.

Thinking to change my 4 wheel to two wheel, at least two wheel only RM 4 for full tank. Dont affraid of traffic jam somemore.

Then the bike business will go up. WHo want to join venture to set up motorcycles shop? Might make some bucks there.

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
hhahahaha funny la you

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
cyclonite said:
diesel prices should go up but not petrol. Diesel should be more expensive than petrol logically because it requires more crude oil to produce a unit of diesel as compared to petrol, if you study the refinery process you'll understand
if that's the case, then at least lower the roadtax, import tax..whatever duty on imported diesel cars.

if not, why should we buy a diesel car?
the diesel market will die lor like that...

the BMW530d, the landrover Td5....sad

GOKEN

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
From a very reliable source ( a manager from Caltex) The price of the petrol will be increased by another 10 cents very soon.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Wah....still want to increase meh.....Aiiii consumer yang susah..... I think the menteri menteri got their own Petrol station....free petrol for them. So they dont feel the pressure...

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
yes u rite... those top officer is govt no need to pay for their petrol...
they will never feel susah if petrol price increase.... the total burden can be felt by rakyat jelata like us....
i'm gonna suggest here why not the govt increase the petrol price even 50cents increase during 2-3 months before the election....
1 year after election, they did this... 2 year before another election nothing will be increased... so ppl will forget abt this...
another funny thing is last nite when news announced that petrol price has been increased... so many ppl queued up just to fill full tank their petrol.. what a wasting time... hehehee.. actually that time my fuel just running out n rushing somewhere then when wanna refuel have to queue like those taxi queing for NGV... aiyaaa....

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
If dare can take 4 to 6. 5litre tank to fuel it all up. If want to save money.
Dont just fill up the car only. Fill the tank lah......But dont know they allow or not ?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
my GF yesterday told me that prices for vegetables also will raise....haha

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
TitanRev said:
If dare can take 4 to 6. 5litre tank to fuel it all up. If want to save money.
Dont just fill up the car only. Fill the tank lah......But dont know they allow or not ?
Well you can fill up reserve tank to store fuel but remember that fuel expires after some time and you can't use it already. Unless you add some chemicals like fuel stabilisers or something like that. Or your tank must be filled to the brim and then shut tight to prevent it from 'going bad'

trueno

1,500 RPM
Nov 30, 2003
Skudai,JB
Visit site
aiks....price of petrol always risen up.....really cannot tahan liao lah....b4 full only need about RM25..now RM30+ liao leh.....take bus,bus fees rise again too...i think stay home and not goin anywhere liao lah...

I

Indecided

Raikkonen said:
penny wise pound stupid
Penny wise pound foolish, you mean to quote.

Err.. Well I guess people don't see pass the logic. Since something is rising in price, might as well get the best of it before it goes up.

However, I bet they didn't factor in the opportunity cost of :

1) lining up at the petrol station with engine on
2) the activities you could be doing instead of sitting at a petrol station

I was in SS2 and Shell was belagured by cars. Same went with DJ.

Rough calculations for my car, based on the fact that my car will hold about 50 liters of petrol, previously it would cost me about RM70 for a full full tank.

with the 10 cent increase from 1.42/lit to 1.52, it would cost me RM76 instead.

So since RM70 gets me about 420km, i pump petrol every 5-7 days. Taking the mean, about 5 times a month, 60 times a year.

so this ten cent increase means that in an average year, i will pay RM6 * 60 more. Hmm, RM360. About a dollar a day.

Now RM360 is about.. 1 month's petrol. Yikes. But one tank won't really help, except by 1/60th.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Been reading a lot on car being hijacked nowadays :Not_Impressed: It made me thinking how in the h*ll did those hijacker did it. Tow from behind or front or put on towing wheels? :confused_smile:

If we pull handbrake and turn-steering lock will it help, how about parked with the rear outward??. I know there is no way to stop those buggers but at least we can DETER them. Any advise on how to deter car kena hijacked?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience