Perodua Myvi - FIRE HOT !

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
You’ve got a Perodua Myvi. You got fire-hot looks. Even hotter if you have lips, skirtings and nice sports rims slapped on. Now you got to give the car a motor worthy of it’s fire-hot looks!

The premium model Perodua Myvi comes with a 1.3 DVVT DOHC engine designated the K3-VE. This same engine is used in most 1.3 Daihatsus like the Daihatsu YRV, and of course the Toyota Avanza and the Perodua Kembara DVVT
To make the Daihatsu YRV go even faster, Daihatsu added a turbocharger with an intercooler to it’s already powerful K3-VE engine. This makes the engine have one of the highest output and torque for an engine of it’s class. The turbocharger kicks in from low-boost RPMs to provide excellent driveability. The DVVT mechanism continuously adjusts the valve timing according to engine speed.

This makes the K3-VET a formidable performance engine. You can enjoy thrilling power at high-end RPMs and hard weight-pulling torque at low RPM
A K3-VET in a Perodua Myvi will be FAST! The Myvi is only 953kg, and the K3-VET puts out 140ps. That’s some crazy power-to-weight ratio. The downside is YRV half-cuts only come in 4-speed automatic. Manual fanboys will have to find some other alternative.

Engine Specifications

Displacement in cc 1298
Engine Model K3-VET
Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 140 ps (102.97 kw) / 6400 rpm
Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm 18.0 kg*m (176.52 N*m) / 3200 rpm
Engine type In-line 4 cylinder DOHC 16-valve Intercooled Turbo
Cooling System Water-cooled
Valve Mechanism Horizontal Ranging DVVT
Fuel System Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
Turbocharger Turbocharger with Intercooler
Fuel Type Unleaded Regular Gasoline
Compression Ratio 8.5:1
Bore, mm 72
Stroke, mm 79.7
K3-VET
1,298-cc, water-cooled, 4-cylinder, 4-cycle, 16-valve, DOHC, DVVT, turbocharged petrol engine
Adding a turbocharger with intercooler to Daihatsu's powerful 1,300-cc K3-VE engine helped to achieve the highest output and torque of any engine in this displacement class. The turbocharger kicks in from low rpms. The DVVT (Dynamic Variable Valve Timing) system continuously adjusts the valve timing according to driving conditions. These technologies team up to give the K3-VET engine thrilling power at high rpms and hard-working torque at low and mid rpms. The result is a satisfying drive and an easy-to-handle engine at all speeds.
95 kW/6400 rpm
170 Nm/2800 rpm (YRV Turbo)

K3-VE
1,298-cc, water-cooled, 4-cylinder, 4-cycle, 16-valve, DOHC, DVVT petrol engine
This new-generation 1,300-cc engine is the fruit of Daihatsu's efforts to develop ultra-lightweight engines that offer ultra-low fuel consumption and ultra-low emissions. The DVVT (Dynamic Variable Valve Timing) system, which continuously adjusts the valve timing according to driving conditions, helps the K3-VE achieve outstanding intake efficiency and exhaust performance. The result is an engine that combines high output and torque with exceptionally low fuel consumption and exhaust emissions.
75 kW/7000 rpm
120 Nm/4400 rpm (Sirion)

EJ-VE
989-cc, water-cooled, 3-cylinder, 4-cycle, 12-valve, DOHC, DVVT petrol engine
Daihatsu fit the DVVT system to a 1,000-cc 3-cylinder engine distinguished by high torque, low fuel consumption and low emissions. The result is the EJ-VE ム a spirited engine offering even higher torque in the most commonly used rpm range plus lower fuel consumption and cleaner exhaust gas.
43 kW/6000 rpm
91.0 Nm/4000 rpm (Cuore)

atan711

Apr 4, 2005
i belive the cost of the half cut will kill u man...but nice infos

Lovemaker

3,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2005
Cheras
Visit site
bro, if u going to change to KE-VET, pls sell me your original engine ok??? :D

Lovemaker

3,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2005
Cheras
Visit site
stroker_kit said:
wat if the ori MyVI engine is 1.0EJ-VE ...stil want ka???
no thankz bro... my kelisa also got this same engine... :D

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
aiks...lovemaker....that EJ-VE...got DVVT wan...ours is EJ-DE la....keke...if can swap EJ-VE wit EJ-DE also not bad..top up a lil money....
aiks but my car now in garage :thumpdown

Lovemaker

3,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2005
Cheras
Visit site
DJgErM said:
aiks...lovemaker....that EJ-VE...got DVVT wan...ours is EJ-DE la....keke...if can swap EJ-VE wit EJ-DE also not bad..top up a lil money....
aiks but my car now in garage :thumpdown
erm... izzit?? sh*ts i didn't know about it... anyways, in that way, then maybe ler... how much u wanto sell stroker-kit?? if i can affort then maybe can ler... just use the head can ah??

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
i still remember for DVVT rite...u have to change the wiring,ecu and heads...y not get a engine from a myvi...better...damn f@#$ing low mileage...

Lovemaker

3,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2005
Cheras
Visit site
where got supercharger kit for now?? erm.. said last month will come out?? till today no news also??

t4kak0

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
dont drink n drive,smoke n fly!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice slogan?keke..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,

Can we list the possible problem that if car won't start?

I've got some here but if you guys can think of anything else, please post!

Car not igniting (no sound when keys turned to ignite)
Possible reasons: Car battery kong. Try to jumpstart car. If still can't, starter KO?

Car have ignition sound, but can't start
Possible reasons: Starter KO. If manual transmission car, push-start car. Put car in 1st gear, press clutch, when car on a roll, engage first gear and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience