Perdana V6 Community Forum *

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
im not sure wat oil catch tank, bubble tank i know la.....
u must as well change the whole meter...doesnt costs much...cos if u repair yr meter,
scared the same thing might occur in the future.

wiring alone to install the digital aircond bout rm200++.

u buy the water temp separately then go to wshop to pasang....
but u must enquire 1st...diff shop diff price.

rakesh_v6

Mar 31, 2006
KL
Oil Catch Tank - You take the oily air that normally comes from the crankcase ventilation (either by the valve cover or from the PCV valve) and send it through the tank so the oil gets trapped in a cleanable canister (the can) while the air ges re-reouted to the intake. The catch can is not a resevoir or oil supply. The gunk that accumulates in it should be cleaned out and disposed of properly.

You can leave both the PCV and valve cover open to vent to the atmosphere, but it's bad for the air, bad for the road (or track), and is not street legasl (or track legal either).

It is not for oil filter relocation, oil cooling, or turbocharging (specifically). You can use it on any enggine configuration

r3dster

500 RPM
Mar 26, 2006
i always wonder why is 6a engine gets under rated so badly.why people always say 4g is the way to go....
timing belt lo....spark plug lo...this la that la...service la....not performance engine la....do up alot also get abit only la.....heavy la....why ah?once every 3 months have to change timing belt and spark plug meh?hahaha....as$!!
those seeking power, ideas or even got very low budget for upgrades, go to:
Msport - New Zealand Mitsubishi Enthusiasts Group :: Index
go to search, search for 6a12
11.84s 1/4 mile rwd mitsubishi galant.....stock internals 1 big single turbo custom intakes
13++s 1/4 mile standard td025 rwd mitsubishi galant.....stock internals stock twin turbos
there's all sorts of tricks and how to's if you're willing to learn from them.just scroll around.you'll see =D
no need to screw up your wallet to convert to single turbo just by making custom exhaust manifolds, read up and see what i mean....
probably after this you might re-think on swapping out that v6 and getting that 63t.....
6a rocks!
kanan's avatar is 1 sample from new zealand...thats a 6a11 dohc BOT in a mirage [email protected] the owner didn't finish the car...ended up selling it before completing

Last edited:

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
Personally, i like 6a better cos of the smooth pick up, sound and etc but the downside is the auto GB k not tahan. Till now, i'm still looking for triple 2 gearbox for my eterna with 6a11. Now i know 6a11 also can BOT. will go and research further. hehehe...

i had also use those engine before 4G92, 4G63T and 4G61T but 6A1X class is different...

May 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
overheating ka danz? u found the leak ok la.. can settle..

my car overheating prob still not settled yet..
driving biase2, ok je.. 110-130kmh ok.. speeding more than 160kmh, temperature go up.. naik bukit, temperature go up..
looks like when there's beban, the temperature go up..
radiator serviced, thermostat changed, hoses changed, bleeding sudah, air masih penuh..
waterpump ke??
Same problem lah... exact same problem. How to over come? BTW just joined the forum.

skabors

Known Member
Feb 18, 2010
johor bharu
thanks jj for that info....very usefull...danz, u means i need to change meter?? im not sure what exactly happened, yesterday suddenly my speedometer go down when im at 200km++....so, i guess the cable might be broke,,,,so, i just need to changes the cable only rite? my friens told me it cos much to change it since need to open all the dashboard to take out the meter 1st,,,,and, how much budget to install any kind of xtra meter? like oil temp, xhaust temp,volt and etc?

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
Skabors : Definitely Sound like your speed cable broke :) why not install digital 1 since now u have to change also. The marketplace forums selling alotta meters u can check it out there... last time i change my perdana's cable kena RM80( workmanship ), dunno considered expensive anot.

EH guys i was wondering.... PerdanaV6TT stock VS FD2R.... both stock, drag race who will win ?

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

i always wonder why is 6a engine gets under rated so badly.why people always say 4g is the way to go....
timing belt lo....spark plug lo...this la that la...service la....not performance engine la....do up alot also get abit only la.....heavy la....why ah?once every 3 months have to change timing belt and spark plug meh?hahaha....as$!!
those seeking power, ideas or even got very low budget for upgrades, go to:
Msport - New Zealand Mitsubishi Enthusiasts Group :: Index
go to search, search for 6a12
11.84s 1/4 mile rwd mitsubishi galant.....stock internals 1 big single turbo custom intakes
13++s 1/4 mile standard td025 rwd mitsubishi galant.....stock internals stock twin turbos
there's all sorts of tricks and how to's if you're willing to learn from them.just scroll around.you'll see =D
no need to screw up your wallet to convert to single turbo just by making custom exhaust manifolds, read up and see what i mean....
probably after this you might re-think on swapping out that v6 and getting that 63t.....
6a rocks!
kanan's avatar is 1 sample from new zealand...thats a 6a11 dohc BOT in a mirage [email protected] the owner didn't finish the car...ended up selling it before completing

HOly Cow that forum is DAMN informative... must read more...

r3dster

500 RPM
Mar 26, 2006
Skabors : Definitely Sound like your speed cable broke :) why not install digital 1 since now u have to change also. The marketplace forums selling alotta meters u can check it out there... last time i change my perdana's cable kena RM80( workmanship ), dunno considered expensive anot.

EH guys i was wondering.... PerdanaV6TT stock VS FD2R.... both stock, drag race who will win ?

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

HOly Cow that forum is DAMN informative... must read more...
just a few infos on 6a12tt's internals....
altho the connecting rods looks tiny, power is spread across 6 piston heads instead of 4...so the force exerted on to the rods aren't that much...as of that matter, these tiny rods X 6 of them is equavalent to a 4g93t x 4 rods...so basically 6a12tt on stock more or less could withstand up to 350hp....any further would be pushing your luck...seriously...350hp not enuf meh?
happy reading! =D

Last edited:

skabors

Known Member
Feb 18, 2010
johor bharu
sorry, i means rakesh there,,,,;) mk, what did u means by digital one? which meter? rm80....cheaper i guess,,,,they ask me for 150 here,,,,dang! hate this place,,,,gonna go to diff shop later,,,,

rakesh_v6

Mar 31, 2006
KL
yeah r3dster 6a12 rocks and betta than 4g63t... do u know where i can get 6a12, wanna change it soon LOL

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

just a few infos on 6a12tt's internals....
altho the connecting rods looks tiny, power is spread across 6 piston heads instead of 4...so the force exerted on to the rods aren't that much...as of that matter, these tiny rods X 6 of them is equavalent to a 4g93t x 4 rods...so basically 6a12tt on stock more or less could withstand up to 350hp....any further would be pushing your luck...seriously...350hp not enuf meh?
happy reading! =D
waaaaa power siot 6a12tt on stock more or less could withstand up to 350hp....any further would be pushing your luck...seriously...350hp not enuf meh?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i wanna retrofit waja's projector lenses onto my myvi's sportlights. but first of all how to split the sportlight's lens & housing ah? kenot ar?

how you ppl do it? searched adi, some of you guys say put in oven but i wanna put in oven oso scared that i melt my sportlite sure kena 70 bucks fer a new one also! myvi plastic one maa..

plz help me asap.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience