Perdana V6 Community Forum *

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
Hi guys, have an inquiry. My v6 is almost reaching 4 years old. I have clocked a mileage of 97000km, is it necessary for me to get my valve clearance checked ?
Do i need to send in to do timing adjustment ? As I realize sometimes the timing when air cond off is fluctuating slightly..

please input. Cheers

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Hi guys, have an inquiry. My v6 is almost reaching 4 years old. I have clocked a mileage of 97000km, is it necessary for me to get my valve clearance checked ?
**no unless yr hydraulic tappets are noisyDo i need to send in to do timing adjustment ? As I realize sometimes the timing when air cond off is fluctuating slightly..
**yr throttle body time to service liao.....

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
**no unless yr hydraulic tappets are noisyDo i need to send in to do timing adjustment ? As I realize sometimes the timing when air cond off is fluctuating slightly..
**yr throttle body time to service liao.....
how to know if its hydraulic tappets making noise ? Morning when I start got knocking sound.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Do i need to send in to do timing adjustment ? As I realize sometimes the timing when air cond off is fluctuating slightly..

please input. Cheers
just standby for major service (timing belt, spark plug, waterpump, other belts, etc...)

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
hi, just a question. Anyone experience this symptoms before. I don't ever know how to properly describe....

The car speed went to about 40-50km/h then it just stuck there until u fully press the fuel pedal in order for it to change to lower gear then only it speed up....engine is 6a11 (1.8 V6) :)

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
I think must the the famous gb sensor problem again..

ecko

Known Member
Feb 8, 2005
yup thats the one....sounds like tak tak tak tak..after engine warmed up sound eliminated..
bro my car the knocking sound wont go away la even the engine has reach its normal operating temperature...but once i rev the engine the knocking sound will go away....already send to workshop..they tell me that my car has oil pump problem since when stop at idle in drive mode...the oil pressure light keep on blinking...

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
myperdana, it happen everytime.... normal driving the speed up to 40Km/h, if want to go faster, it feel like the engine is working overtime...hahaha. The thing is before i fixed the famous problem where the gear is always stuck at 3rd, the car feel lighter and faster reach 100km/h.

Really headache....

ecko, u might want to try thicker oil grade.... last time my 4g63T also have this problem till i change to thicker grade oil....

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
myperdana, it happen everytime.... normal driving the speed up to 40Km/h, if want to go faster, it feel like the engine is working overtime...hahaha. The thing is before i fixed the famous problem where the gear is always stuck at 3rd, the car feel lighter and faster reach 100km/h.

Really headache....

ecko, u might want to try thicker oil grade.... last time my 4g63T also have this problem till i change to thicker grade oil....
evo3, do u know at what gear does that happen?
previously with my 6A12 auto, i did experience my gb upshift too early (from 2nd gear to 3rd gear) and i have to press the accelerator deeper to make it rev more and then only drop to 2nd gear again to get up to speed...

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
NeuroOne, i think i have the problem u had mentioned. The gear upshift quite fast, speedo not yet 40km/h already up to 3rd gear already...

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
that happpened a long time ago with my V6.
at first i thought the TCU rosak, bought another TCU, but same thing happen.
i think its the valvebody, but i cant be sure la, coz i didnt change to a different valvebody.
i change to a different gb and the problem gone...

juniorkirk

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2006
got a question here...

my perdana tt, when you let go the accelerator, there's a big cloud of white smoke coming out from the exhaust. Not like all the time, maybe like 3/10 times. anyone have any idea what's wrong? thanks in advance.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
got a question here...

my perdana tt, when you let go the accelerator, there's a big cloud of white smoke coming out from the exhaust. Not like all the time, maybe like 3/10 times. anyone have any idea what's wrong? thanks in advance.
looks like turbo leaking.
anyone here knows?

juniorkirk

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2006
It's white smoke, if i accelerate normally then decelerate until 3k rpm and below, there's cloud of white smoke, just a big cloud when i accelerate back, then it stop coming out from the exhaust.

previously my turbo kong. so definitely not like fogging machine.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

More Super GT content from easy-going Saturday, the calm before the war. Show cars are displayed all-around the Sepang Circuit's welcome centre as well as promo girls providing the sweeter side of the Super GT Scene. Enjoy the Pictures while we bring you more action as the Super GT Race commences in a couple of hours...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience