Perdana V6 Community Forum *

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
hihi~brother...now i drive a mivec turbo satria..cos 2 door.i also tired already ...i thinking change a perdana V6 or 6a12tt or evo3 ...6a12tt really many problem with under power??
u r driving mivec turbo with satria body, sure melompat2 ur car.
perdana v6tt not that powerful like that.
satria and perdana is in a different league/class...

the power is just nice but top speed is very good.
if u want power, go for perdana evo. then only can mod kaw2..

but perdana big body, a bit heavy..
pick up, cornering cannot lawan satria but top speed u try laa.. hehe..
but then, u will get a bigger car, more comfortable, more stable on hiway cruising, can fit 5 ppl and big bags easily..

perdana, saya mesti pilih.. haha..:driver:

TopRpm

Known Member
Sep 13, 2007
Re: My GB prob..

Hello to all..

Really looking foward for any solution that could solve my current prob (other than changing my gb perhaps).. the prob is the basic 1 for v6 engine, the fussy gb.. for the info, everything about the maintenance is perfectly done..

I'm experiencing the gear slip recently (from 4th gear to 3rd gear, base on the rpm reading).. just after this thing happen, seems like my car just travelling with '1-speed auto tranny' straight away no matter what rpm or speed is.. (can't stand the sound of roaring engine - 110km/h at 4500 rpm, what a pity).. then when i continue to drive after a while stop (etc at the traffic light), then my car is start moving so 'berat' (obviously not to start with the 1st gear) and i can notice that the gear is not changing anymore instead of going up from 1 gear to 1 gear..

For those who used to experience the same prob, or for any otai inside this, pls help me frens.. tqvm in advance.. :adore:
Maybe u need to change the T.C.U unit...
for ur info bro..the T.C.U actually set the changing gear in auto gear-box

ngteckyong2000

Mar 14, 2009
ok..i just worry about the v6 gearbox by 6a12 tt.. i like V6 sound ..now i just want to drive stable..i dun want racing already..and i want get a original 6a12TT OR evo and get a auto trans~~~80 % will change perdana ..this sunday go discuss with my friend shop..see how.~~~

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

big mod just give me many problem and head sakit saja... TT..and waste money..TT

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
bro....diagnose your gbox 1st..., u could either change your TCU or service your valve body 1st....if all fails, u could recond your gbox rm1.5k or buy gbox overhaul set from spare parts shop...& send your gbox to workshop & overhaul it...u could save a couple of hundred bucks compared u just send to the mech & overhaul it....overhaul kit could costs bout rm600-700 & workmanship bout rm300-400 depending on mech.

if u like v6 sound, i suggest u go for 6a12tt rs version....then coupled with evo gbox internal parts, use gear 1,2,3 evo & 4,5 v6tt.....confirm pick up like evo, top speed like v6tt...
if u got lotsa money to spend, convert 6a12tt to single turbo, from AR70, if lesser budget, get scooby's ball bearing turbines.....forgot the code....someting like ihiXXX....if possible dont get auto tranny....cos major problem will persists in the future....if better get manual tranny...better performance, fuel consumption....etc...if u do plan to get an auto tranny...remember to install an ATF cooler....u could buy either brand new from hayden RM400-500 or halfcut pajero ones from rm150-200 complete with installation. if possible too add on an additional cooling fan infront of the ATF cooler...

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

hihi~brother...now i drive a mivec turbo satria..cos 2 door.i also tired already ...i thinking change a perdana V6 or 6a12tt or evo3 ...6a12tt really many problem with under power??
v6tt not many problems cos the 80% of the parts are same with std v6...only certain parts could get from halfcut shops.....if 4g63t, alot of aftermarket parts available....but u gotta rush with wira,satria,putra owners to get japan parts...thats y the prices are high compared to 6a12tt parts....

mymax

Known Member
Oct 13, 2008
Re: My GB prob..

Maybe u need to change the T.C.U unit...
for ur info bro..the T.C.U actually set the changing gear in auto gear-box
Tq bro for the suggestion..

DanzEterna said:
bro....diagnose your gbox 1st..., u could either change your TCU or service your valve body 1st....if all fails, u could recond your gbox rm1.5k or buy gbox overhaul set from spare parts shop...& send your gbox to workshop & overhaul it...u could save a couple of hundred bucks compared u just send to the mech & overhaul it....overhaul kit could costs bout rm600-700 & workmanship bout rm300-400 depending on mech.
Tq bro.. think the same way too, diagnose the gb 1st or maybe directly change the TCU and service the valve body then wait 4 the result.. do you know where's the best and trusted place that can i go for those things? anywhere around KL area..

brokenfuse

Jan 24, 2007
hello all Pv6 owner... i'm new in here.. hope can share n get something.. :proud:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
mymax..i just bought auto gbox overhaul set for my bro pv6...
still looking around for a reliable workshop....will let u know soon..
where u staying bro?>

welkam fuse.:)

ngteckyong2000

Mar 14, 2009
hello all Pv6 owner... i'm new in here.. hope can share n get something.. :proud:
thx your explain a....this sunday will let my friend check my car...and see how much he pay to my car...and i will starting find a perdana...i decide choose the v6 twin turbo perdana~~~:smokin:

mymax

Known Member
Oct 13, 2008
mymax..i just bought auto gbox overhaul set for my bro pv6...
still looking around for a reliable workshop....will let u know soon..
where u staying bro?>
It's good to hear that bro Danz, tq.. i'm staying at Kajang but dont mind to take my car elsewhere within KL area, as long as the workshop can offer good job with reasonable price.. so anything u just reply or pm me bro.. tq!

TurboRai

Nov 1, 2008
:driver:hello guys...
Turborai come back

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

hey guys..i plan to replace my existing v6tt to evo 1...
its gud or not

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Need your help to look out for my stolen car

CAR : Perdana V6(Alfa model)
Reg : WNY 869, silver
Time Stolen : Early thursday morning, most probably during the heavy rain
Place of incident : Sri Manja, OLD KLANG ROAD, (Living in apartment which has no guard)

I know the chance of getting the car by now is very very slim, but im just putting up here so others know and aware of this. Never knew rite. I could be lucky.

FYI dear members, its a syndicate where they operate during heavy rain hours because the rain can filter the noise of breaking in, plus who would be looking out during the rainning hours. But they have been obviously watching the car for at least a week cos they know at that hours, there is no usage of the car. Why I say this is because, early this year, my friends GTI got stolen during the day- and it was raining heavily at that moment. plus he have been parking the car there outside his friends place for a while before it got stolen during his working hours.

MY advice, ALL members who owns a GTI or Perdana or any other car, dont have a same pattern of parking your car.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
hi guys....

I just got a Eterna V6 and i have gb problem. Can you guys please explain to me what is the GB overhaul kit and the service the valve? noob on Eterna aka Perdana. my mech just say change gb to 6a12 which is better then 6a11 but can't find it plus he say that rebuilt gb is not recommended. ANyone with experience on this?

thanks for the help...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there.. my gen2 is fitted with front airbags and i wanted to change my steering to those aftermarket ones (without airbag). initially was planning to keep my original steering so when i want to sell off my car i can install back the original steering but my concern is do i need to disconnect / sealed / cut-off any wiring to prevent the airbag from activating before installing aftermarket steering? thanx in advance guys & girls..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience