Perdana V6 Community Forum *

deevan twin turbo

Known Member
Mar 4, 2009
u still need it ah bro? tmr after work i go find for u.....if got i will inform u...
pm me yr number bro.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

your is manual rite?
yes bro, i still need it....Yup its manual....thanks bro Danz...
will pm my no bro...
Can vr4 DS mount to tt...?

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

aiyo.. hard to find aa the DS for TT...
very2 hard now days bro...

Creative

Apr 19, 2005
Hi there, I'm new to perdana v6, I just got a 2nd hand perdana v6 about 5 months back. Everything was fine, the only trouble I was having is some tiny leak of engine oil under the engine. I sent the car to a workshop, they check and they changed the engine oil seal on top, now my car starts to jerk in the morning when it is cold if I press the accelerator, after few minutes it become normal, but I noticed a little bit of white smoke for while, but it disappears afterward. When I check the oil leaking again, it seems the leaking still exist, so I sent the car back to the workshop, he checked the car for while and told me that the car need to be overhaul? I'm like shocked, the car is totally normal, the engine oil also stable, never go down the level as well as the radiator coolant. if anyone can help me out it would be thankful.

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
that is a common problem from pv6. even 2 weeks after my engine rebuild, the engine head leaks.
the last time which oil seal u changed? your foreman mentioned top overhaul or full overhaul?

Creative

Apr 19, 2005
Hi there, actually I've checked with 2 mechanics, the 1 which done my oil seal change said need to overhaul, but the other mechanic said that need to top overhaul only. he's charging about 1.5k for that, the thing is, i'm bored of it la, i'm just using my car anyway, I always check the black oil and coolant level, it will be fine for months, so I find the car totally fine :P

Last edited:

deevan twin turbo

Known Member
Mar 4, 2009
yes bro, i still need it....Yup its manual....thanks bro Danz...
will pm my no bro...
Can vr4 DS mount to tt...?

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

very2 hard now days bro...
BRO DANZ.....MY FORMEN MANAGE TO FIX N/A DS WITH SINGLE SHAFT AFTER HE GAVE UP FINDING TT DS....HE TESTED MY TT FOR 3 DAYS BECAUSE HE ALSO NO CONFIDENT....HE JUST RELEASE MY V6 TO ME YESTERDAY AFTER HE CONFIDENT WITH THAT DS....1 YEAR WARRANTY FOR DS...IF BROKEN NO WARRANTY....BUT HE DONT TELL ME WHICH MODEL DS HE FIXED.....BECAUSE HE MENTION IT IS HIS NEW IDEA.TO TRY THAT DS.....IF NO LEAKS AND THE DS CAN LAST LONG THEN ONY HE SAY WILL TELL ME....ANYHOW NW I CAN ENJOY MY RIDE AGAIN..:bike::captain:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
it can be done, but only with a reliable pomen....they need to adjust the mounting
of the engine in order to fit pv6 n/a DS.
just becareful.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Hi there, actually I've checked with 2 mechanics, the 1 which done my oil seal change said need to overhaul, but the other mechanic said that need to top overhaul only. he's charging about 1.5k for that, the thing is, i'm bored of it la, i'm just using my car anyway, I always check the black oil and coolant level, it will be fine for months, so I find the car totally fine :P
if the white smoke emitting from your exhaust is minimal then should last u for a couple of mths more, just monitor your oil level......if the level decreases drastically then its time for top overhaul. meantime save up your $$$$.

i suggest when its time for top overhaul, buy the stuffs yourself. made in japan ones costs bout rm150, then just pay your pomen for workmanship. those minor2 parts u could get him to buy, if the workshop is near your hse then better....u get it after work & pass it to him.

Creative

Apr 19, 2005
Hi there bro, thanks for the reply, yeah the white smoke sometimes only will appear,, especially in cold weather, otherwise no smoke, the engine leaking is very minimal, i guess i could use the car. another thing i want to ask, i'm just wondering, what is the normal level of the engine oil? there are 2 indicator on the dipstick but i'm sure the black oil should be in the 2nd indicator level right? coz normally thats the level i maintain, thank you.

if the white smoke emitting from your exhaust is minimal then should last u for a couple of mths more, just monitor your oil level......if the level decreases drastically then its time for top overhaul. meantime save up your $$$$.

i suggest when its time for top overhaul, buy the stuffs yourself. made in japan ones costs bout rm150, then just pay your pomen for workmanship. those minor2 parts u could get him to buy, if the workshop is near your hse then better....u get it after work & pass it to him.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
mine also emmits white smoke during cold start, especially after the morning or night rain.
but its normal....as long as u see water particles in the muffler.

remember to use original proton perdana oil cap not those made in china/taiwan aftermarket ones..
cos if u do...oil will leak from the cap.

just ensure the oil level is above half say about 3/4 of the dipstick.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
if white vapour in the morning (cold start) and white smoke in cold weather, then i dont think u have a problem.
unless the engine oil level drops..
i always keep my engine oil level at the max (the top indicator level).
and check it on cold engine, not running engine..

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
Hi Guys, i'm just wondering, my original Digital Air cond is the one with the Knob to control temperature( right of panel ) . Since my Aircond man say that the head might be faulty... can i use the other type which is using all buttons ( no turning knob ) one ? As in just replace the panel unit ? will i need to change the sensor as well ?

Thank you.

Nov 10, 2012
Johore Bahru
guys ?im new here .. :DD

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

Hello guys .. im new here ! so i need some advice and info about cars .. i wan know all about cars , how to get this , how to convert this to that . something like that la .. i hope guys can support me ok ! :DD

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
guys ?im new here .. :DD

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

Hello guys .. im new here ! so i need some advice and info about cars .. i wan know all about cars , how to get this , how to convert this to that . something like that la .. i hope guys can support me ok ! :DD
welcome bro...u using perdana too?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Recently decided to clean my mum's suzuki swift. I didn't managed to captured the photos due to only I work myself and hand full of dirt

It has not been clean since car delivered couple of years ago.

Step 1: remove negative battery terminal
Step 2: Remove the entire air intake filter box (tools u need just Philip screw driver). But remember the process of the removal as you need to assemble it back
Step 3: remove the wire connector attached to MAF sensor so that you can take out the entire...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience