Perdana Alignment

myperdana

Known Member
Dec 16, 2011
Johor
To all sifoss..

Is it true that perdana canot be lowered? either with sport spring or adjustable because after lowering, we wont able to get the original chamber adjustment.

As per my case, i used a lowering spring and the mech guy said that i wont able to adjust my chamber and it will be -1.5 all the way. any comments?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Because perdana is running on double wishbone suspension, so when you lowered, it'll automatically camber and cannot be adjusted unless you fixed the upper arm with camber adjustment type(aftermarket type) mine rear was -2.5 all the way after lower kaw kaw..

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
actually, perdana is multi-link suspension which will make the tyre straight at any level (it do have a limit la, if too low maybe may affect camber also). if ur camber is too much negative, it may be becoz the knuckle has weaken. which happen to me before. i went to press my front knuckles which made it straighter from -1.5 to -0.1. now it became -0.5 after nearly 4 years... my rear camber are about -0.8 but i scared to press it as it is too thin, takut patah plak.. so i just fit those U-shaped washers to the rear upper arm.

for perdana, only the 'toe' can be adjusted.

u may also read the discussion here bro: http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...ms/216490-perdana-v6-community-forum-230.html

Last edited:

Lean

UnderCoverProject Founder
Oct 30, 2006
KL
undercoverproject.blogspot.com
Thanks for the Great information shared bro NeuroOne and Bro Danz. =)

myperdana

Known Member
Dec 16, 2011
Johor
yea .. a very good info by sifoos...

one of the mechanic was saying about the pressing but the cost is kinda high too.. thank you verymuch again and im trying ma best to be a very proud perdana owner ..

cheers guys

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
remember there are 2 methods, pressing & pumping camber.
but i dont recomend pump method as the camber could break if too much pressure, always do pressing of camber, although there is more work on it but all worth it...

the last time i did mine was 2-3 yrs ago bout rm40-50 per side something like that...forgot the price.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Bearings could also break...

myperdana

Known Member
Dec 16, 2011
Johor
the price i get it front RM120-140 one side ... rear more expensive as what the formen said ..

pocket hole is big enough already .. :(

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
they quote expensive because they factor in the bearing cost in case it breaks.. this is what they told me..

myperdana

Known Member
Dec 16, 2011
Johor
ic ... but just for my info .. -1 for chamber i dont think will "makan" our tyres much right?

it looks cool too actually

myperdana

Known Member
Dec 16, 2011
Johor
mine front and rear both -1.2 .. how u feel ur thread wear bro?

can notice makan tayar?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
fit u-washer(or normal washer) was quick and easy solution......just adjustting camber need to do a few time la if using this method..have to open and put..repeating steps....

i dun recommend pressing the arm....heard few stories about honda pressed arm broke and car limping....

:adore:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im driving Civic EG8 year 92 , lately there is a sound when i make a turning, checked with mechanic they confirmed its the drive shaft problem. i oso notice the front tyres gets worn out very fast at ony one side which i think i abnormal. izit due to the drive shaft. Can i know where can fix the drive shaft problem at a low cost.thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience