Painting the whole car to another colour

RedDevil

Known Member
Jul 26, 2006
Ok, i am planing to paint my civic lite blue to champion white soon. Now...here is the problem. If want to paint all white...do they really need to take out all parts and just left the chasis to paint? because if dont take out the parts some parts like inside the engine bay, door panel and the boot will have the original color still if just paint outside. It will look awkward.

I dont mind the engine bay has different colour as i seldom open the hood for people to see but places like the door panel and boot may be i may want to have the new colour painted too.

so tell me how does a paint shop do to paint whole car to another colour? does it include additional charges if really need to take out all parts to paint or they have some methods to paint the obvious places? thanks

zendengoh

Known Member
Feb 11, 2008
KL Kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
of coz they have to take out many parts to spray, how much he quoted then?

RedDevil

Known Member
Jul 26, 2006
of coz they have to take out many parts to spray, how much he quoted then?
i have not asked about takeing out the parts to spray but they said 2k++ which i am not sure if got take out parts to spray or not. anyone done this kind of massive paint job before?

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
last time my paint shop told me....if they paint a totally different color from its original...they will definitely open all panels,lights etc to paint....if you miantain lite blue...they wont...if you want to paint inside its optional also ....you need to tell them...and engine bay also they will ask..if you want different color or same color..its basically to your preference...for 2k...it should include engine bay and internal also...

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
actually where u live??
then how can we help u bro...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can i just change the rear ARB to 16mm??
what are the advantage and disadvantage??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience