Old car for old man!

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
please be very careful regarding the customs declaration... one small mistake and its either going to be sent back to country of origin or stuck in the port until you get the paperwork done... parking the container at port will cost you a bomb.... u'll be charged for rental of container and also the rental for the space to put the container...
nolar, not as bad as that... containers going back to Msia regularly lor...

forwarding agents vely de experienced wannnn

just last month must be some 10 containers from my area here... :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

very true, my uncle did the same recently...shhhh
:biggrin: nothing to hide lor...it's all legal and clear....

In UK, the date of sale/transfer of car is SELF-DECLARED.... the JPJ here don't care so much as long as the car is registered and insured.

Even mat salleh prefer to backdate the date, becoz any outstanding saman will be sent to the new owner :damnmate:

tony5050

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Hi Gobiz,

just wanna say congrats on your new ownership to the legend. I regreted so much not bringing back one when i was there. Prices are right to own the car there now and bring it back to Malaysia would even be greater deal.

Not so much on the re-sale value but for GTR freak like yourself, its definitely one of the best treat you get! See how the Japs Skyline and GTR magazine is now filling with ads of those shops who's doing the total refurbishment for R32! You can get almost every part brand new either OEM or fabricate now!!

Gonna try my hand on one of the 32 man! ;)

All the best!

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Thanks Tony, I just couldn't help myself because I saw the car on auction on ebay. There wasn't much interest because I think nobody believed the spec that the seller mentioned.

In the end, I won the bidding and when I went to see the car I expected much worse...Amazingly the seller gave 1 years worth of MOT and 6 months road tax and even had the car insured so I can drive it away. And all the spec looks legit...car even drives pretty nice.

Yes, absolutely agree with you. GTR aftermarket has advanced HUGELY over the past few years.

1. Performance
Last time, 600hp was the ultimate goal. Very expensive to do. Some drag cars went over that but there were relatively few.
Nowadays, most tuners can crank out 600hp quite easily. Most people are having 700hp+ and upwards. Even street cars can be made to have 700+ and still nice to drive nowadays.

RB30 technology is advancing too. Lots of UK and Aussie guys having rb30 builds. Companies are starting to offer RB30 strokers eg. TRRacing- RB31 and soon Spool RB34! :adore:
Prices are much cheaper than OSG RB30s.

2. Aftermarket parts
My car is 18 years old.... VERY OLD. Rust and general wear&tear is common. Even rubber seals for the rear windscreen is cracked and warped. But as Tony said, OEM or aftermarket parts for everything is easily available. Restoration will be FUN!

tony5050

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Gobiz,

lucky you! MOT pun ada 12 months still!! I remember i bought my scooby then without anything and Insurance cost me a bomb after flipping through half the yellow pages of insurance contacts. 22 years old chinky without UK license driving a Class 1 ... sigh..

I would really spend my first budget to bring the GTR32 back to as good condition for driving as possible if the car is mine though! All the best to you restoration, PLUS the RB30!!!

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Thanks Tony, that's why I bought this old car... cheap base but still the legend that I love.

Resto and upgrade sure will cost money but I already save a lot from buying at the cheap price and cheap import tax.

Almost bought a £15k r32 with rb30 already installed, but then if that one go wrong, my pocket already too koyak to do anything LOL :bawling:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Speaking of RB30. Anyone keen on a unit? :smile:

rev555

Known Member
Dec 30, 2007
bro..i just change the hose for your old lady,.....nice..will post the pic if u wan..

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
are they using the RD30 block or they mods the RB26?
All using cheap rb30 block.

Only OS Giken mod the rb26,dats why its very expensive.

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
congrats bro. She looks really good for that age. and price. =D

how old exactly she is? any squeaks sound heard when driving? just wondering.. cuz she's at least 19 years old.. =P

tony5050

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Brader Leng,

This one our borther Gobiz topic, can u help to post them in the "saving old lady" thread last time? Thanks

Gobiz,

apologise for "ter"-hijack your post:biggrin: Anyway, the OSG RB30 system looks more like a Big Mac i remember. A cousin of mine will be in UK next year for his degree...i know what to do this time!!:idea:

bro..i just change the hose for your old lady,.....nice..will post the pic if u wan..

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
congrats bro. She looks really good for that age. and price. =D

how old exactly she is? any squeaks sound heard when driving? just wondering.. cuz she's at least 19 years old.. =P
manufactured in 1991... no squeaks...:biggrin:

Brader Leng,

This one our borther Gobiz topic, can u help to post them in the "saving old lady" thread last time? Thanks

Gobiz,

apologise for "ter"-hijack your post:biggrin: Anyway, the OSG RB30 system looks more like a Big Mac i remember. A cousin of mine will be in UK next year for his degree...i know what to do this time!!:idea:
No problem at all Tony.... yeah, OSG rb30 got something like a spacer to extend the block but is very very strong I've heard... price is insanely expensive though.

Z-Monster

Sep 22, 2005
sungai buloh
Gobiz,

well done on your purchase of and old car..:) i have an even older monster.. mine is 30yrs old today with and RB31det!!!!!!!! :) i am in malaysia and my numbe ris 016 230 4888. i daily drive my RB31det 280zx to work and home...:) no creaks not rattle on fromthe dash either...

Kevin

BNR

Known Member
May 21, 2009
Gobiz,

well done on your purchase of and old car..:) i have an even older monster.. mine is 30yrs old today with and RB31det!!!!!!!! :) i am in malaysia and my numbe ris 016 230 4888. i daily drive my RB31det 280zx to work and home...:) no creaks not rattle on fromthe dash either...

Kevin
Wow.... this I gotta see.....

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Gobiz,

Kevin
Wow.... this I gotta see..... let's arrange something.

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
congrats on the buy.. great, more geng of r32 withh rb26

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, has any1 herd about the sinspeed piggy back mod chip..??? i bought 1 off ebay, havent fit it yet.. but it just clips straight on ur AIT (i think) ait intake tempurature valve or something and it works by tellin ur comp that its takin in colder air and therefore the computer produces more power... im about to fit it on my 4agze that im bout to drop in2 my in my 1992 ae92r gti corolla... just wonderin if any1 has herd bout it or has it and if or how well it works??

it was actuallly...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience