Occasinal stalling/switching off at idle/low speed

mdss

Known Member
Feb 15, 2015
uk
Hi

Looking for a little help identifying a problem
Very very occasionally when coming to a stop or after stopping and selecting reverse from drive or park the car will switch off/stall.

I have had it plugged into a MUT tester(genuine Mitsubishi tester) and there were no faults. Has anyone experienced this type of thing and if so what is the likely cause. I thought maybe a dirty idle speed control valve but that's just a guess. I thought I would ask you guys with more knowledge than me.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

mdss

Known Member
Feb 15, 2015
uk
can you clean it or is it the case that you can buy a new one?
I will try and clean it over the weekend if you advise this may work.
Thanks bud your a legend

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
can you clean it or is it the case that you can buy a new one?
I will try and clean it over the weekend if you advise this may work.
Thanks bud your a legend
Not sure same as VR one, but mine need to change. Mine the engine was not dying but cannot control idling with air con cuts in and out. Mine also common problem, change once, after 2 years or so, problem came back again.....:banghead:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Not sure same as VR one, but mine need to change. Mine the engine was not dying but cannot control idling with air con cuts in and out. Mine also common problem, change once, after 2 years or so, problem came back again.....:banghead:

my problem last time on my satria actually due to leaking vaccum from valve cover breather pipe (leaks at oil filling cap actually)

but i still retain 2ficd..... 1 for cold start and another one for a/c :biggrin:

as for ts....can try servicing back or atleast check the ISC gear...it can be replaced with little cost instead of replacing whole throttle body

mdss

Known Member
Feb 15, 2015
uk
Thanks guys, I just watched a video on youtube on how to clean it so I think I will have a go on Saturday. Mine is not terrible to be honest once a week it will stall, I get no irregularities with idling so hope its just some dirt and a clean will sort it out.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hei im looking for shop that does custom bodykits for myvi around kl..
i anyone have a good desig can u post here n if the shop have website state it....tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience