nid help! about TPS sensor...

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
any sifu know tat svt TPS sensor once remove oledi? it cant be adjust back?wat the TPS use for??last time i send my car to check,coz my car donno why so chok(in cantose) when slow drive...than the foreman told me tat my TPS maybe rosak liao.so he ask me to find a TPS to repalce...than i go kedai potong to buy one than tukar liao.the result is still d same..:hmmmm::confused:than today i take my car to another workshop to check! he told me my thorttle body maybe lari iddle liao coz take out TPS tat time! he say he will take out my whole throttle to service n tukar another throttle to me n trade in my old 1? he charge me rm250 fot tat? is tat real anot??:mad:

kennix

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
Hi,

Yes, this is normally the case if you remove the original TPS position. I have this issue when I got my car too.

I've also changed the TPS but couldn't get the correct position and the car is still choking. Ended up I have to change the whole Throttle Body with the original TPS attached.

Better to change since it is so cheap. Otherwise, you will ended up wasting time and money. It is very cheap that you get RM250. Maybe because it is SVT. I changed mine including labor RM500 BLT.

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
thx bro kennix... u oso hv tat case b4? wah...is so big case kah if take out the TPS :hmmmm:..did u trade in ur old throttle body or juz change another 1?:confused:u using bt?

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
Heee...

TPS seldom broken...very seldom...!

Seek advice from Sifoo Levin818...or give him a call if he's not replying to this post...
Need to recalibrate the TPS back to normal...as he got the "special wiring" to do it...:wavey:

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
thz bro...:adore:...levin818 know to do tat?u mean no nid to take out whole throttle body to do tat??:confused: wat he num?im still new bird in here:biggrin:!!

kennix

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
If you can find someone to recalibrate it, of course it will save you a lot of money. Try to seek for sifo levin818 help first. If still can't get it right, you should know what is your best solution.

I had this problem with me for almost the whole year before I decided to change the whole Throttle Body. That is the easiest way I guess. I didn't trade in. Just leave the old Throttle body at the workshop and let then taukeh take care of it. hahahaha....

And you don't have to take the whole thing out for the calibration. Wish you luck bro.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

On the weekend, I sent my car for a detailing job to a so called renown car detailer inside MidValley basement car park CARs . When I pick up the car it looks great and glossy but due to lack of bright lighting it was hard for me to do a thorough inspection on the job done so I decided to went home to check and I didn't prepare myself for the heart attacked moment that I was going to get. I was very sad and angry when I saw what happen to my 1 month old car. It...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience