Nexen N8000 deform after long distance drive

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Well this is a 1st for me, my N8000 just over 10k km has deform after driving back from SG. Do any1 encounter this B4..? How long do manufacture warranty their tire..? Is this a manufacture defect..? I know cheap tire like silverstone side wall will bengkak if u hit pot hole, but this is Nexen high performance tire.

To more understanding the condition of the tire, when u put on flat surface n roll it will not roll straight, like snake. When put on balancing machine n run it u can see the inner side has deform not round anymore, 1 of the wear indicator on the inner side is higher then other. Not sidewall bengkak.

The tire was bought 2011 was manufacture on 4910 on the tire wall. 225/40/18XL
Highspeed driving = yes
Hit something = not that i notice
Hit pothole = no (bcos on adjustable u scan road surface very detail):banghead:

Already contacted Nexen Malaysia through their FB page awaiting their reply.

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
seems like worn out absorbers to me. check your absorbers, uneven tyre wear (flat spots) around the tyre ussually indicates worn suspension parts.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well this is a 1st for me, my N8000 just over 10k km has deform after driving back from SG. Do any1 encounter this B4..? How long do manufacture warranty their tire..? Is this a manufacture defect..? I know cheap tire like silverstone side wall will bengkak if u hit pot hole, but this is Nexen high performance tire.

To more understanding the condition of the tire, when u put on flat surface n roll it will not roll straight, like snake. When put on balancing machine n run it u can see the inner side has deform not round anymore, 1 of the wear indicator on the inner side is higher then other. Not sidewall bengkak.

The tire was bought 2011 was manufacture on 4910 on the tire wall. 225/40/18XL
Highspeed driving = yes
Hit something = not that i notice
Hit pothole = no (bcos on adjustable u scan road surface very detail):banghead:

Already contacted Nexen Malaysia through their FB page awaiting their reply.
My friend also have a tire swollen at one side but not on the sidewall, so the tire cannot stand on its' own since it's tilting already. But it was Kumho semi slick, only used less than a year.
It should be a defect but I doubt you can claim since it's quite long already. Do you have pictures of it?
Me personally I don't yet trust all these new tire brands, even their supposedly highest performance ones. Probably the cheapest tire I'm still willing to buy is GT Radial.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
seems like worn out absorbers to me. check your absorbers, uneven tyre wear (flat spots) around the tyre ussually indicates worn suspension parts.
Bro already stated not flatspot, on adjustable n perfect alignment. Like tire bengkak not round.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

My friend also have a tire swollen at one side but not on the sidewall, so the tire cannot stand on its' own since it's tilting already. But it was Kumho semi slick, only used less than a year.
It should be a defect but I doubt you can claim since it's quite long already. Do you have pictures of it?
Me personally I don't yet trust all these new tire brands, even their supposedly highest performance ones. Probably the cheapest tire I'm still willing to buy is GT Radial.
Yes like that but just 1 spot so like bengkak 1 place.:banghead: I choose this tire bcos there been some good review around, some use untill all botak but no problem like this b4. Quicksafe at USJ also recommend this tire to most the big car customer.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Well... this sucks, reply from quicksave say need to send in the tire n wait atleast 2-3 week for claim. Y not on the spot if say the problem is manufacture defect..? If cannot claim just say no then buy a new tire, y need so long time, send back to korea ka...

This has make me lost faith in this brand la, what tire i use during this period, using the spare tire better dun drive it out. Will update the outcome. haih...

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well... this sucks, reply from quicksave say need to send in the tire n wait atleast 2-3 week for claim. Y not on the spot if say the problem is manufacture defect..? If cannot claim just say no then buy a new tire, y need so long time, send back to korea ka...

This has make me lost faith in this brand la, what tire i use during this period, using the spare tire better dun drive it out. Will update the outcome. haih...
2-3 weeks is the most optimist time frame, can easily expand to 1-2mths I believe!
Next time buy more trust worthy brands la bro: GY, Michelin, Yokohama, BS, Continental, etc2.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nexen is not new....:driver:

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Bro. Dayline,
Bulging on thread pattern do happen. Best is to send in for claim. 2-3 weeks is normal procedure, as bro. 6UE5t mentioned can be longer.
Making claims with other brands are the same. Have heard about issues on claims from other members on other brands too. If want fast, go personally direct to Nexen distributor.
I told others to do same too on other brands. Doing claims direct between owner and distributor is much faster.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Yes like that but just 1 spot so like bengkak 1 place.:banghead: I choose this tire bcos there been some good review around, some use untill all botak but no problem like this b4. Quicksafe at USJ also recommend this tire to most the big car customer.
Yup, so far pretty good reviews on the Nexen N8000. Many have used until bald, some even repeat use.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Thanks for the reply guys, waiting call from nexen malaysia.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hmm to me it's still relatively very new compared to those popular ones like GY/BS/Michelin etc2. Honestly I've only heard this brand in the last few years only, maybe less than 5/6yrs ago.
That is because no one imported them. For example Nitto, just intro in Malaysia this year, but was in Thailand umpteen years ago....:banghead::banghead:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Ok... Nexen malaysia have refer my case to quicksafe in USJ to call me up, seem like Nexen malaysia dun have a office or services department here, just authorize shop(i let them know where my loc yet still they tell me to go USJ).

Well quicksafe call me up n tell me to send in the tire for inspection then only know can claim or not, If can claim then need to buy a new tire then wait for Nexen malaysia decide to pay me back how much, it depend on the price of the tire when i bought them not the current tire price, quicksafe quote me rm438 for new n8000, then say if nexen malaysia decide to pay me back rm200 then will refund me rm200, this dun sound good for me? for a manufacture defect i need to pay more then what i was expecting. Yet still got sevices charge.

After balancing the tire n i drove it out last saturday, it seem the vibration is less only at certain speed other then that normal, is this tire still safe to be use? i inspect the tire myself n have not found any crack apart from the bulge part, i try to drove it hard, no problem at all. My problem now is the new piece of tire has more thread then the other n i have a symmetrical AWD with rear lsd, there a warning on the manual stated to have same thread n pattern of tire on both side if not will damage the drivetrain, same as cannot tow the car, then i need to change 2 tire.

Can some1 talk some sense to me in my dilemma, if the tire still save to be use..? Or i need to change it..? Maybe traded it in for some new set of tire which cost more...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ok... Nexen malaysia have refer my case to quicksafe in USJ to call me up, seem like Nexen malaysia dun have a office or services department here, just authorize shop(i let them know where my loc yet still they tell me to go USJ).

Well quicksafe call me up n tell me to send in the tire for inspection then only know can claim or not, If can claim then need to buy a new tire then wait for Nexen malaysia decide to pay me back how much, it depend on the price of the tire when i bought them not the current tire price, quicksafe quote me rm438 for new n8000, then say if nexen malaysia decide to pay me back rm200 then will refund me rm200, this dun sound good for me? for a manufacture defect i need to pay more then what i was expecting. Yet still got sevices charge.

After balancing the tire n i drove it out last saturday, it seem the vibration is less only at certain speed other then that normal, is this tire still safe to be use? i inspect the tire myself n have not found any crack apart from the bulge part, i try to drove it hard, no problem at all. My problem now is the new piece of tire has more thread then the other n i have a symmetrical AWD with rear lsd, there a warning on the manual stated to have same thread n pattern of tire on both side if not will damage the drivetrain, same as cannot tow the car, then i need to change 2 tire.

Can some1 talk some sense to me in my dilemma, if the tire still save to be use..? Or i need to change it..? Maybe traded it in for some new set of tire which cost more...
Don't quite understand what you have posted? You have replaced the bulging tyres with a new one?

As for the claim, in the event of a refund they will calculated the lowest part of the thread pattern and that is your percentage of return.

For the manual same thread and pattern, I would understand as same size, make and model to get Constant performance from all wheels. Different pattern gives difference traction. I don't think the slight difference in thread pattern balance should matter that much.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Not yet change. My question was is the slight bulging tire safe to use..? I try to drove it hard but seem normal.

For AWD with lsd is crucial to have all tire at the same(pattern, size, wear) if not will wear out the diff, that's what my concern is. If i take the new tire will have to shave it to match other wear, this is what car manufacture recommend.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not yet change. My question was is the slight bulging tire safe to use..? I try to drove it hard but seem normal.

For AWD with lsd is crucial to have all tire at the same(pattern, size, wear) if not will wear out the diff, that's what my concern is. If i take the new tire will have to shave it to match other wear, this is what car manufacture recommend.
Oh! okay, noted. Any bulge in the tyres, better not to use because you won't know when they can explode. The bulge in the pattern means air has broken from the inner part to somewhere in between the carcass layer. Probably the rubber has broken away from the steel belts and air from inner gone into that part. It is not leaking because the rubber part is still holding it in.

If you are going to shave the tyres, might as well get two new ones instead and keep the other for spare.
Since you mention the LSD AWD is so sensitive what size is the spare?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Thanks for sharing, sorry for your loss. Buy lanjiao tyre get lanjiao quality coupled with lanjiao service.

Even big company like Pirelli with so much budget can't get tyres right for F1, what chance does Nexen has. My personal rule of thumb, if I am going to pretend I am a F1 driver, I'm only going to use the tyres that F1 uses, which means Goodyear, Bridgestone, Continental or Michelin. No Pirellis, cause they blow up.