Newbie: Good digi cam?

msafiedin

Known Member
Nov 20, 2004
Probably there are so many people who want to ask the same Q like me here
Hope the taiko can help out as well

1.Nowadays technology is very fast moving. Heard about anti-vibration like LUMIX form panasonic digi cam. its not worth getting digi cam without any anti-viration any more. usually they put this function on camcorder if not mistaken. so other than Panasonic, what other brand give this powerful and useful function.As u know digi cam are damn sensitive to vibration when u try to snap. and this is to avoid me taking a tripod everywhere i go.

2.if my budget is like rm800-1200 like that. what is the most 5star i can get with that kind of money?

my criteria.
anything that can take fast sport picture.like those drifting pic like TOm snaped.and something that can produce quite colorful ans sharp image.

karl31

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Malaysia
msafiedin said:

1.Nowadays technology is very fast moving. Heard about anti-vibration like LUMIX form panasonic digi cam. its not worth getting digi cam without any anti-viration any more. usually they put this function on camcorder if not mistaken. so other than Panasonic, what other brand give this powerful and useful function.As u know digi cam are damn sensitive to vibration when u try to snap. and this is to avoid me taking a tripod everywhere i go.

2.if my budget is like rm800-1200 like that. what is the most 5star i can get with that kind of money?

my criteria.
anything that can take fast sport picture.like those drifting pic like TOm snaped.and something that can produce quite colorful ans sharp image.
if ur budget is limited, i dun know what to say.. but if you want quite colorful and sharp image.. u can choose canon ixus.. nice color, and nice camera

for sport i should say DSLR is the best, manual setting rather than using auto from compact camera. U can get 2nd hand DSLR around RM2K. Pictures like Tom snaped i think using NIKON D70.. correct me if im wrong.

superz

Known Member
Mar 21, 2005
errmm..sorry to hijack this thread a little bit.it was a good start by msafiedin.

anyway, can any taiko/ pro here recommend a semi-pro cam?first i was looking into Olympus SP500 UZ but i think it is very noisy and the color isnt very colorful.

please help?budget cant be more than a DSLR.hehe.moreover i dunno how to use a DSLR, and i think those point and shoot are too beginner.hehe.

karl31

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Malaysia
superz said:
errmm..sorry to hijack this thread a little bit.it was a good start by msafiedin.

anyway, can any taiko/ pro here recommend a semi-pro cam?first i was looking into Olympus SP500 UZ but i think it is very noisy and the color isnt very colorful.

please help?budget cant be more than a DSLR.hehe.moreover i dunno how to use a DSLR, and i think those point and shoot are too beginner.hehe.
hai, for me i prefered to have Nikon or Canon, the most popular, great and valueble brand. Last time time prosumer camera was SONY F828. so expensive, but when the time i sell it complete with accessories it go down like hell, less than half price. Same as my friend using Olympus E300, sell it about less than half also. 1 more think is hard to find the accessories and it is expensive too.

if you're seious looking for prosumer i would recommend
1. Nikon Coolpix 8800
2. Nikon Coolpix 8700
3. Canon PowerShot Pro1
4. Canon PowerShot G6 or S2 models
5. Panasonic DMC-FZ30 or FZ20

gud luck in your searching :regular_smile:

superz

Known Member
Mar 21, 2005
thank you karl31!!!:regular_smile:

and now only i know its call a prosumer cam.ok!thanks!

kwtong

Known Member
May 30, 2005
Sunway
msafiedin said:

my criteria.

Hey, glad to hear that u're looking for something to capture the best/unique moment in motorsports. Here are some of my suggestions:-

1) First of all, photography is not about the camera, it's all about the eye behind the camera :regular_smile: If you have a shaky hand, try looking for those cameras that have anti-shake or shake reduction feature.

2) Since you're looking for a budget camera and yet with rich features, I guess a P&S (Point&Shoot) digicam is not suitable for u. Why not take a look at the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7 (http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/fz7.html) which is a Prosumer Camera & it uses SD Card which costs RM190 in Low Yat? It's a 6MP with 12x optical zoom + Panasonic's MEGA Optical Image Stabilizer. No more shaky hands :regular_smile: And before i forgot, the price should be at the range of 1.5k-1.6k & it will be launching somewhere this month.

3) Even a 3.1MP Prosumer can produce great picture. The Fuji Finepix S5000 is going for RM999 in Harvey Norman. The only drawback is that it only accepts xD Card. Check it out at http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/fuji_s5000.html

4) Since u like to have colourful, sharp, fast action pix, actually there are lots of camera in the market that u can opt for. Make sure what u're looking for fits in your budget. Remember an expensive camera will not produce a good picture, a camera with PASM features will be good enough. Again, it's the eye behind that make a good & quality picture.

My final advise:-
1) Do a research on the internet & identify which camera suits u.
2) Go to the shop, check out the actual unit whether it fits nicely in your hand (no point getting one which u dun feel comfortable in holding it) and test it out.
3) Know your needs.
4) Work between your budget.

Wow...enough for now lar...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Please help me wiring for door lock.If press the brake,door lock.
My car WIRA AUTO and the alarm system is original wira alarm.Please help meee...:confused_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience