New Waja - Ultimate Fake

Kia Forte

Sep 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I've been looking forward to the Inspira launch, and hopefully they can export the Inspira to UK as Proton sells at peanut prices there. In fact, when my friend bought the SGTI there, it was at a cheaper price than the local SGTI pricing and with better specs. I would be working in UK so really would like to get the Inspira 1.8 MT. And Paul Tan said that it handles better than the Lancer GT due to the Lotus-tuned suspension and setups; plus the CVVT versions have improved cooling airflow compared to Lancer GT's design, so I think real smart guys would indeed be going for the Inspire.

It just funny that so many Lancer GT owners are condemning the Inspira, which is essentially the same car that they bought, albeit more updated yet cheaper. It is a licensed product, not like Tiggo looking like RAV4. In Inspira's case, it is a Lancer chasis, Lancer engine, Lancer gearbox, Lancer everything minus the sport rims and bumpers, which are merely cosmestics.

Lancer GT says that the Inspira is a copycat product; yet many Lancer GT owners never felt shy to "copycat" the Evo X looks onto their cars. In Inspira's case, at least the parts are all genuine Mitsubishi's. Some of these Lancer GT-turned-Evo X were using only replica parts (just take the many Lancer GTs on sale since these few weeks and see how many replica-Evo X products have been slapped on). People who live in glass houses simply should not throw stones, IMHO.

After the Inspira is officially unveiled and start selling, I dare say many Lancer GT potential owners would simply get the improved version at a cheaper price. That is pure and simple economics, unless he/she just wanna prove a point that he/she could afford to spend the extra RM20k+ for a "real" Mitsubishi with dated specs.

I'm sure that the Lancer GT used prices would take a beating; but at least the current owners could console themselves that they could get much cheaper parts prices since the Inspira parts are the exact same. Smart guys will get what I'm saying. Though there'd still be some Beavis and Buttheads whom insist otherwise, but that's just life.

drift_devil05

1,500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
www.zerotohundred.com
found somewhere

the slogan is a bit over.........
WTF..... felt insulted :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Aiseh............. ini macam also caused issue???? myself as Lancer owner feel happy and proud ler.. 1st happy stuff : Halfcut / part gonna be effing cheaps... 2nd: so many admirer would copy my ride... wakakaka..... So, no need to care so much ler either Ori or Copy..

some of my frens driving Evo from this club (u guys know who u are).. asking me why dun i sell my ride instead before inspira launch.. hahaha......... not even worried about car price drop... i only worried about which parts to source... as long as myself know wat i pay is wat i get....

Cheers bro....

Last edited:

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
after a few weeks / months..this topic will get cold..

mitsu is "dying" out there. might as well they look for a strategic business partner for the future :)

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Mitsubishi is coming up with another 3 models , which are nicer than Inspira in the Malaysian market. Don't think they going to die...

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
hmm..im a lancer gt owner here, i feel hurt abit la, juz bought it last year, tau nak jadi mcm ni, if i tau, sure i will get altezza since last year.
but...it will bring benefit to me, price or service will get more2 cheaper.rite now for normal service aje will cost me rm320(change oil+labour+oil sump rubber seal).imagine for CVT fluid change will cost me rm800?
rite now my front wind screed got little crack, MMC quote me rm1200 for the replacement.so rite now juz wait inpira out the market and get the inspira windscreen, charge insurance kaw2...ahahhaha!!!
well, most parts shud be cheaper for lancer owners, to say the least!

but y'all who aledi buys ori lancer at least have something to complain about. it's the ppl who dun wanna buy inspira oso complain like nobody's business, apa hal plak! :biggrin:

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
If I got my hands on the Inspira, it will most likely end up like this :biggrin: I don't mind having one.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
that's why i felt they like it so much but shy to admit...hehehe...
like some said - improved ride & handling, improved cooling system for their tranny & 30% cheaper than lancer GT. cheaper parts - etc etc....but what i like most is the lotus handling...cant wait to test drive one.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

If I got my hands on the Inspira, it will most likely end up like this :biggrin: I don't mind having one.

nice........:driver::driver::driver:

Raymond_Hu

500 RPM
Oct 26, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
After so many years, proton have move to a new generation that can produce their own product to prove "Malaysia Boleh". Now they go back to old time again, selling mitsubishi car instead of own product.

What a waste !

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
Sporty H/B of Lancer will be lauching soon By MMC and i foreseen this will be re-badge by Proton 2 years later in the plan.......2.4 Mivec....huhu

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site

hey i'll play! :biggrin:

i'll take a stab at this one, by ings.

chun watt :biggrin:

PutraMon

Known Member
Dec 12, 2005
from some rumours i heard is that they dont copy lancer...its actually a business deal...proton gave mitsubishi exora and mitsubishi gave proton lancer...(i think mitsu had some 'commission' on proton inspira sales as well) <-- not sure how real is it....

its a business deal..give me something and i'll give u back something....

they are gonna rebadge exora to mitsubishi and throw away the campro engine...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

did anyone install those aftermarket air filter and Cool Air Intake?

i wish to know the different with original...

can show some pic?
cos i m doubt for the cai cos no place to put the hose from bumper to the engine
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience