Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

New Racing Fuel coming to town..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
saw the advertisemnet board at Shell Station oledi...but still didnt see the pump yet.

i just saw the 'v-power' (blue) is out of order. maybe they gonna replace it wit new fuel...

not sure then....

:shades_smile:

in ipoh area already saw the v power racing pump..but i wonder... did they suck up all the leftover of blue power then put vpower racing the the tank below....or not...

anyone test it already?

arron said:
oic
hopefully it will more economic or more valueble than current Vpower.
this fuel is to improve power, not improve consumption

ehaab said:
it wont benefit normal road cars...this is only benefical for exotic super cars..
who say useless? XD we can finally drive JDM import at their fullest potential, since they are designed for 100 octane petrol..

summore i can finally advance my timing and probably increase compresion without worrying so much anymore....

hmm.. wait.. i bet its not going to be available in sarawak again.... T_T

meh.. 100 oct + ethanol.. how much difference in power would it make exactly? will anyone try it on a dyno? I used Av Gas before and was about 100+ octane aswell. and good thing that the government subsidised petrol prices and the tax on it not so high. In NZ, for 91 oct is about RM3.80/L and that wasnt the highest, few months back it was at about RM4.86/L. And 95, 96 and 98 oct much more :P

bOi-R said:
meh.. 100 oct + ethanol.. how much difference in power would it make exactly? will anyone try it on a dyno? I used Av Gas before and was about 100+ octane aswell. and good thing that the government subsidised petrol prices and the tax on it not so high. In NZ, for 91 oct is about RM3.80/L and that wasnt the highest, few months back it was at about RM4.86/L. And 95, 96 and 98 oct much more :P
if your car's ecu is design to run on ron97 petrol, and you just pump the ron100 petrol into your car, then there's no difference.

if your car's ecu is for ron98 or ron100 petrol, then you will feel more power, as the ecu will retard the ignition timing (or something else) to make the car drivable on a lower octane petrol, thus loosing power. This is shown on fifth gear tv show already. even 1 octane make a few hp different in an impreza.

for modders, higher octane fuel mean they can tune their engine to be more aggressive without worry about knocking or pinging, which is the main reason people use high octane fuel anyway. higher CR(or higher boost without lowering cr), aggresive timing, and stuff... all give you extra ponies.

still, me very dissapointed sarawak dun have v-power. anyone know why? no refinery here? i would definitely go for 100 octane, since i don't drive around much so it wouldn't hurt my wallet too much.

Finally can release the full potential of my MINES ECU. Time to up the ignition timing... :retarded:... muahahaha...

rollakid: i know that very well on stock ecus (being JDM its meant to run 100oct), i drive a 11:1 cr daily so i know the difference, but we at most get 98 oct. im sure it will eventually reach sarawak, just a matter of time.

what i wanted to know is if anyone is keen to dyno and see how much difference it makes? exactly how much hp gain we get etc :)

Last edited:
Guys, will it make any difference in performance for a Carbie?

Shell V-Power Racing
November 24, 2006 10:03 AM Author: Chips

Formula 1 racing cars run on petrol too and in most cases, the petrol that they use (unleaded by the way) has a very special formulation because of the sophisticated engine design and also the extreme operating conditions. Companies which may have their brand associated with the racing team and see on the cars often say only that the ‘technology’ used in formulating fuels for their F1 partners helps to advance the formulations of the petrol motorists buy at the stations.

Shell now bring to Malaysian motorists virtually the same fuel as supplied to the Ferrari team and states that just 1% is different. The fuel is the new V-Power Racing, which replaces the V-Power which was introduced here in April 2000. According to Eric Holthusen, Fuels Technology Manager, Shell Global Solutions (Asia-Pacific Service Centre), the 1% is the only amount which the FIA (the motorsports authority governing F1) allows to vary so that the fuel can be optimised for different conditions.

“FIA rules require 99% of the fuel’s formulation, ie its components, be the same as what is available to the public and the 1% is where we can alter the fuel characteristics to suit specific racing conditions such as humidity levels at each track. How we do this is proprietary technology which can give an edge to Ferrari’s racing cars,” he explained.

For the new V-Power Racing, which Malaysians have the honour of being the first consumers in Asia (excluding Australia) to start using, the formulation has been enhanced with the use of a new hydrocarbon component developed by Shell. This is the Friction Modifier Technology (FMT) which is also a Shell development and Top Secret. Basically, FMT ‘survives’ the superhot combustion process and can reduce friction which causes power loss. The result is improved acceleration as well as less deposit formation.

Shell is more than just a fuel sponsor that has sticker space on the Ferrari racing cars
“It should be noted that Shell is not just a ‘sponsor’ supplying fuel in return for having sticker space on the Ferrari racing cars,” said Shell Malaysia Trading MD Haji Mohzani Abdul Wahab. “It is actually one of the most successful partnerships in the business and working with the Ferrari F1 team, Shell has accumulated knowledge to advance its fuel technology which enables us to deliver the best high-performance fuels to motorists.”

The new Shell petrol continues to have a RON97 octane rating which Tuan Haji Mohzani said is regulated by the government. The price of RM2.15 is unchanged from before even though it is more expensive to produce than the previous V-Power. The extra cost of production is not entitled to the government subsidy which is why it costs more at the pump.

In spite of the high price, there are still many people who like to use V-Power – and who will appreciate the improved V-Power Racing. According to Tuan Haji Mohzani, the figure varies from station to station from a low of 10% to a high of 40%. He also revealed that the rise in fuel prices had affected sales of the petrol but believed that there remained a fairly sizable group of customers who continue buying it too.

Shell Malaysia MD Haji Mohzani Abdul Wahab launching the new petrol yesterday. The new V-Power Racing replaces the one launched 6 years ago
“The sales volume of V-Power is also related to the number of stations selling it as only 300 stations offer it, all in Peninsula Malaysia,” he added.

“Also, we see that many motorcyclists buy V-Power… not the ‘Mat Rempits’, of course, but there are many who like the benefits of the fuel and cost-wise, it is quite okay for them. Needless to say, those who ride superbikes would very often choose V-Power,” he said.

V-Power Racing also marks a re-branding of the product, the most significant being a change from blue to red, the new colour said to aim ‘to ignite fiery appeal to passionate motorists who want a higher level of engine responsiveness, sharper acceleration and enhanced power

http://www.motortrader.com.my/NUS/articles/article_712/page_m.asp

stick the ferrari badge on anything and it will sell lol

Last edited:
lol, not what i had in mind, but thats cool too XD. i was refering to some zthians from the states sometime ago says he can brew his own petrol as long as he can get the correct ingrediant. more like brew his own octane booster of somesort to mix in the petrol.

but e85 is way better.. shown on fifth gear too. XD.

but then i thought moonshine is illegal in malaysia? and what do we need to make them? need to start hoarding rice ar? they make ethanol out of corn we make rice wine lor.. wahahahaa wan find some Iban friends ask them teach me how to make Tuak liau.. XD damn those thing burns... tried once only, i'd stick with whisky.. at least they don't burn my tongue

--edit--

oh yeah.. i just remembered. Toluene. Anyone know where to get it in malaysia? izit legally available? I read that can be bought in hardware store, used as solvent, but most ppl here just use thinner what.....

rm50 ron97 petrol + 1 gallon of toluene should just give out nicely ron100 petrol.

problem now is how much it cost and whether it is worth it or not.

Last edited:
just wonder how Shell manage to change all the fuel tank from V-Power to V-Power Racing over the night.

Does SHELL sucks V-Power fuel tank (underground) dry and pump in new V-Power Racing? highly doubt so. I believe the first few thousand V-Power Racing buyer might be using V-Power + V-Power Racing

bs : maybe its the same ? just rebranding it , since the price is still the same . i dont really belive that 1% of "extra " additive would make a huge diffrence for the premium charged .

Top Bottom