New Racing Fuel coming to town..

arron

Nov 20, 2006
infernaL said:
arron : how could it be possibly be cheaper then the current v-power , it has an higher octane - 100 and contains 5% booze , im sure those 2 items - higher octane + booze costs more then the cleaning agents of vpower ?
oic
hopefully it will more economic or more valueble than current Vpower.

lkk

Known Member
Jan 20, 2004
saw just now at shell station. is rm2.15/L. but dunno izit 100 octane or not. pls dun shoot me if wrong r. thanks

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
saw the advertisemnet board at Shell Station oledi...but still didnt see the pump yet.

i just saw the 'v-power' (blue) is out of order. maybe they gonna replace it wit new fuel...

not sure then....

:shades_smile:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
in ipoh area already saw the v power racing pump..but i wonder... did they suck up all the leftover of blue power then put vpower racing the the tank below....or not...

anyone test it already?

sta

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
arron said:
oic
hopefully it will more economic or more valueble than current Vpower.
this fuel is to improve power, not improve consumption

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
ehaab said:
it wont benefit normal road cars...this is only benefical for exotic super cars..
who say useless? XD we can finally drive JDM import at their fullest potential, since they are designed for 100 octane petrol..

summore i can finally advance my timing and probably increase compresion without worrying so much anymore....

hmm.. wait.. i bet its not going to be available in sarawak again.... T_T

bOi-R

Known Member
Apr 19, 2006
meh.. 100 oct + ethanol.. how much difference in power would it make exactly? will anyone try it on a dyno? I used Av Gas before and was about 100+ octane aswell. and good thing that the government subsidised petrol prices and the tax on it not so high. In NZ, for 91 oct is about RM3.80/L and that wasnt the highest, few months back it was at about RM4.86/L. And 95, 96 and 98 oct much more :P

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
bOi-R said:
meh.. 100 oct + ethanol.. how much difference in power would it make exactly? will anyone try it on a dyno? I used Av Gas before and was about 100+ octane aswell. and good thing that the government subsidised petrol prices and the tax on it not so high. In NZ, for 91 oct is about RM3.80/L and that wasnt the highest, few months back it was at about RM4.86/L. And 95, 96 and 98 oct much more :P
if your car's ecu is design to run on ron97 petrol, and you just pump the ron100 petrol into your car, then there's no difference.

if your car's ecu is for ron98 or ron100 petrol, then you will feel more power, as the ecu will retard the ignition timing (or something else) to make the car drivable on a lower octane petrol, thus loosing power. This is shown on fifth gear tv show already. even 1 octane make a few hp different in an impreza.

for modders, higher octane fuel mean they can tune their engine to be more aggressive without worry about knocking or pinging, which is the main reason people use high octane fuel anyway. higher CR(or higher boost without lowering cr), aggresive timing, and stuff... all give you extra ponies.

still, me very dissapointed sarawak dun have v-power. anyone know why? no refinery here? i would definitely go for 100 octane, since i don't drive around much so it wouldn't hurt my wallet too much.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The future is green and while cars are still light years away from completely ditching dinosaur remains as their main source of motivation, the path is slowly being laid and the transition is already in full swing with hybrids popping out left, right and center.

Honda is no stranger to hybrid technology, having first dabbled in it back in 1999 with the first generation of the Honda Insight that is now back...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience