new car, FC 0.25/KM campro 1.6(A)

oyw

Feb 12, 2007
i just bought a Satria Neo 1.6(A) campro. everything is fine except the blady fuel comsumption is farking damn high! 0.25/KM in town normal drive. OMG! its new car! its NA! not turbo! WTF FTW!

the car its about 6000km now. i even made twice complaint to proton during service. they told me they had retuned and reset the car for me. but its still the same. what can i do?

my neo is still fresh and stock. no modification even rims.
do anyone here got any idea or suggestion to reduce my neo FC?

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
Wah very high high leh... like perdana v6 consumption. Many things can lead to high fuel consumption though, Air intake/ exhaust/ ecu setting/ too much engine oil/ too little engine oil/ fuel quality...

Sudah test kat highway ka ? see 120kmh constant speed on the highway yields what kind of FC....

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
bro,because your car still new,starting is like this 1,after some time you drive,the fc will drop,because the ecu will learn your driving style and try not to drive so fast,maintain a certain speed maybe below 120km,dun always sudden accelerate and try to drive as smooth as possible,then your ride fc will drop slowly and slowly,i'm also driving a proton persona iafm 1.6 the car damn makan minyak,then after some time,the car not so makan minyak already,now my fc is max 0.20/km if my foot is heavy,then if drive normal around 17 - 18 cents /km,if go highway to outstation should be cheaper,maybe 15 - 16 cents / km,i think if manual transmission should be cheaper,anyway...i really hate this stupid campro gear lag for auto,nothing much can be done i guess,when traffic jam or go slow then the gear like dun want to change or drag for some time only change,really making the ride so uncomfortable,like carrying 2 sacks of rice behind our back,if want to drive campro should get manual transmission,problem solved,i think the proton wira model last time more better and smooth then the campro now,at least no gear lag problem and more comfortable when driving at any rpm.

oyw

Feb 12, 2007
Wah very high high leh... like perdana v6 consumption. Many things can lead to high fuel consumption though, Air intake/ exhaust/ ecu setting/ too much engine oil/ too little engine oil/ fuel quality...

Sudah test kat highway ka ? see 120kmh constant speed on the highway yields what kind of FC....
bro mkdreamervl, yalor its very very damn high fuel consumption. everything still stock. car still virgin! i really speechless. i dare not imagine what will be the FC if i upgrade bigger sport rims. damn!

so far i test 120-140kmh, but its still the same. haih...

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

bro,because your car still new,starting is like this 1,after some time you drive,the fc will drop,because the ecu will learn your driving style and try not to drive so fast,maintain a certain speed maybe below 120km,dun always sudden accelerate and try to drive as smooth as possible,then your ride fc will drop slowly and slowly,i'm also driving a proton persona iafm 1.6 the car damn makan minyak,then after some time,the car not so makan minyak already,now my fc is max 0.20/km if my foot is heavy,then if drive normal around 17 - 18 cents /km,if go highway to outstation should be cheaper,maybe 15 - 16 cents / km,i think if manual transmission should be cheaper,anyway...i really hate this stupid campro gear lag for auto,nothing much can be done i guess,when traffic jam or go slow then the gear like dun want to change or drag for some time only change,really making the ride so uncomfortable,like carrying 2 sacks of rice behind our back,if want to drive campro should get manual transmission,problem solved,i think the proton wira model last time more better and smooth then the campro now,at least no gear lag problem and more comfortable when driving at any rpm.
bro lkc, new car is like that ar? yes i agree with the ecu will learn the driver driving style. but i have been told to speed or tekan minyak kuat kuat in order to gain better respond from the ecu in the first 10000km.

0.17-0.18 normal drive and max 0.20 i can accept. but 0.25 is really doesnt make sense for 1.6(A) campro. it hurt my wallet arrr :bawling:

so for new car new engine, should we accelerate pedal to the metal or drive smooth???

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

should i start another thread?

new car should drive smooth or high rev it? :confused:

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

should i start another thread?

new car should drive smooth or high rev it? :confused:

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Learn how to drive the car smooth as "pedal to metal" won't really work on the CamPro's drive by wire system.

The car will adapt to how you drive , its a matter of you adapting to the car.

So far my Neo clocks 55KMs for 4.88L of fuel. Mixed of highspeed highway and town driving.

Can PM me if you might want to ask more :proud:

*it's a common thing to hear that "my 1.6A Neo FC is like turbo" hahahaha

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
nth much u can do to the car unless u take out yr cat con which is harmful to environment it may help in fc
mine RM30 can only get maybe 110km-120km maximum
n true the FC is almost like a evo which for campro it's lack of power
try reduce weight for yr car if possible then it may gain better FC such as change to 15inch rims n tires :P
one more thing to mention, neo is a heavy car, the engine is underpowered that result the car in higher FC than any car around
n true manual is the only way can solve the problem

if u wan to make the car more response, try those e-throttle thingy it might help

oyw

Feb 12, 2007
Learn how to drive the car smooth as "pedal to metal" won't really work on the CamPro's drive by wire system.

The car will adapt to how you drive , its a matter of you adapting to the car.

So far my Neo clocks 55KMs for 4.88L of fuel. Mixed of highspeed highway and town driving.

Can PM me if you might want to ask more :proud:

*it's a common thing to hear that "my 1.6A Neo FC is like turbo" hahahaha
bro crazykatak, thanks for ur advice. need to control my foot. sad case.

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

nth much u can do to the car unless u take out yr cat con which is harmful to environment it may help in fc
mine RM30 can only get maybe 110km-120km maximum
n true the FC is almost like a evo which for campro it's lack of power
try reduce weight for yr car if possible then it may gain better FC such as change to 15inch rims n tires :P
one more thing to mention, neo is a heavy car, the engine is underpowered that result the car in higher FC than any car around
n true manual is the only way can solve the problem

if u wan to make the car more response, try those e-throttle thingy it might help
bro rex79gt, u also driving neo campro auto? i tot only my neo makan minyak.

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
i used to think the same also :P

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
drive smoothly ler...
i also drive neo auto..
fc quite high..

but can control fc with ur foot ler..
easy solution right?

oyw

Feb 12, 2007
i used to think the same also :P
bro rex79gt, i got a clearer picture on campro FC now... but its too late. huh.

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

drive smoothly ler...
i also drive neo auto..
fc quite high..

but can control fc with ur foot ler..
easy solution right?
bro Waiora_ProTuner, i have tried my best recently. i drive not exceed more than 60kmh. tekan not more than 3k rpm. very very slow. kancil pun almost nak overtake me. LOL. but the FC still same 0.25-0.30/KM. haih.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
u cant do much about it, the fueling is preset to be like dat. get it re-flash by a good tuner, pm for assistance

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
hmm...i also dunno why your car so makan minyak,0.25 / km wor?my car proton persona more heavy and not so pick up also max is only 0.20 / km if really kau kau tekan,maybe you should change tyre size to smaller,like 195 / 55/r15 then get your throttle body clean maybe is dirty and stucked then also check your air filter,is it very dirty?all this can lead to high fuel consumption also,if 0.25 / km can drive merc or bigger cc car liaow,also 1 more thing,when you drive until the light come out,then your km shows _ _ _ u still can drive another 50km,trust me,i tried driving until 50 - 70 km b4 for persona,maybe this is the reason that's why the car not so makan minyak.

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
Bro oyw,may i know how heavy your body weight??=P

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
fyi, my dad's unser also not dat bad laa its fc, even after 6years of abuse.. my fren's evo, 272hp pun not dat bad laa, RM10@180sen/liter can bring u as far as 60km if driven sensibly on a ron95. as i said, its factory tuned dat way, nuthing much u can do.

changing to smaller rims only gets u more on the tripmeter, doesnt justify much if u r travelling from point A to point B.

oyw

Feb 12, 2007
hmm...i also dunno why your car so makan minyak,0.25 / km wor?my car proton persona more heavy and not so pick up also max is only 0.20 / km if really kau kau tekan,maybe you should change tyre size to smaller,like 195 / 55/r15 then get your throttle body clean maybe is dirty and stucked then also check your air filter,is it very dirty?all this can lead to high fuel consumption also,if 0.25 / km can drive merc or bigger cc car liaow,also 1 more thing,when you drive until the light come out,then your km shows _ _ _ u still can drive another 50km,trust me,i tried driving until 50 - 70 km b4 for persona,maybe this is the reason that's why the car not so makan minyak.
bro lkc, u r right, with 0.25/km FC can really drive big cc car even turbo. yet im driving stock 1.6 NA. this is really made me so pissed off. i speechless when i monitor the fuel meter dropped fast. it really really hurt my wallet. my car just 6months old, TB and air filter so fast dirty meh? my car already so makan minyak since the 1st day i got it from the dealer. i even complaint to Proton SC, they reset the car for me, but still the same. huh. persona and neo having the same engine. may i know wat is persona body weight?

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Bro oyw,may i know how heavy your body weight??=P
bro khoo198, i just checked.

1507 kg Gross Vehicle
1184 kg Gross Combination Weight
910 kg Front Axle Weight
790 kg Rear Axle Weight

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

fyi, my dad's unser also not dat bad laa its fc, even after 6years of abuse.. my fren's evo, 272hp pun not dat bad laa, RM10@180sen/liter can bring u as far as 60km if driven sensibly on a ron95. as i said, its factory tuned dat way, nuthing much u can do.

changing to smaller rims only gets u more on the tripmeter, doesnt justify much if u r travelling from point A to point B.
bro xtremeleo, maybe u r right. born to be. but 0.25/km FC on 1.6 stock NA really doesn't make sense.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

on behalf of my brother. wich engine is suitable for Mazda RX7. the current rotary engine is a real headache for my brother, high maintanence n the parts is damn rare to get around JB even mechanic have prob in servicing. 20B engine is damn expensive liao.

so he decide to swap 2JZ or 1JZ into his ride. what u all think? does it ruin the handling of the car. what engine is suitable in your aspect???? he want a good power engine that he used in highway journey with his frends.

now his...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience