Need Help Urgently..........

ryuichi

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
Bro,
Something wrong with my 20v SVT manual. Let me share a few scenario:

1. Previously, my fuel consumption(FC) for city driving is at 38L = 460km while highway driving is at 38L = 590km. Now my FC climb up very steeply to 38L = 300km only which translate to about 20cent per km, equivalent to auto cars.
So, anyone have any idea what is wrong?:frown:

2. When i start my engine in the morning or after the engine had cool down for more than 3 hours, at first idling is at normal(900rpm), after a few sec it drop till bout 500rpm n less, like the engine want to mati but it won't mati.
While driving it's ok but when it stop at traffic light or during jam, idling drop to 500 rpm for a few sec n climb back to normal.:eek:

3. Another thing is my temperature indicator on the meter panel. I notice whether it's during daytime or night time, whenever i rev above 4500rpm, the temperature indicator starting droping. The more i rev the more it drop. When rpm is less than 4500 rpm, the indicator went back to normal.:eek:

So, any sifus have any idea what's wrong with my svt or anyone experience it b4? Something is really wrong with it.....Anyone can help me on this......?:confused:

swap aka SWAP

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2005
PENANG/IPOH
i can answer for no.3...is normal lor..when u slow the cooling coil panas ma..no air blow to cooling coil...when u speed like antu..the angin blow ur cooling coil then it sejuk lor..the temp also drop lo..btl ka..

george8724

500 RPM
Dec 17, 2004
Kelana Jaya
Visit site
Bro, 38L=460km town use ar? si beh save fuel man.... mine is 38L= 380km lah dude.

as for ur second question. i m experiencing the same prob lah. so i guess it has something to do with the throttlebody or the o2 sensor.

the water temp mine is normal. i think u need to check check the fan or the radiator lah....

2slow

Known Member
May 2, 2005
i having the same problem as u
high FC and rpm drop to 500 or less after couple hours engine cool down about the temperature i think is normal
i guess throtlle body is dity need clean up
correct me if i'm wrong

ryuichi

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
Swap,
I understand what u r saying but it never happen b4, it's only recently that the temp indicator a bit crazy ......it goes down d**n fast man.....it even reach the lowest point le....

dreamy,
I'd my air filter wash n cleaned and oso the plugs changed already, but still the same......

george,
yup, it's correct man. My FC previously was very good, 38L=460km for town use.....it last for 1 1/2 years till now.....

ryuichi

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
2slow,
i'm not sure but i do doubt bout the throttle body.....

TRD16V,
i'd contact EFN oledi n make an appointment with him tonight but too bad he can't do the cleaning cause he got an urgent call back to office....so have to wait......

ryuichi

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
Bro,
For 20v svt, where's the location of the O2 sensors n how many O2 sensors for 20v svt?
And oso does anyone know where's the location of the temperature sensors as well?
LAstly, for 20v svt, which sensors triggers the ecu in running open loops?
Anyone can help me on that .....?

ryuichi

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies.....
Problem solved by sifu EFN....!!!!!
Apparently idling valve n throttle no 4 was blocked which caused all the problem.....
Now happy revving with it......
Will check the FC in a few days time when it's bout time to refuel......:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, i am totally new in car maintaining as i am going to get my first own car soon.
Is Tufoil suitable to use for a brand new car? Will it void warranty?

I understand that every 5000 km we need to change car oil which we called black oil in cantonese. So is Tufoil a kind of black oil or it's a supplement oil which means we still need to use black oil + Tufoil?

Where do we fill Tufoil into? How? When?

Sry if the questions r too newbie :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience