Need help on BOV!!

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all Sifus,

I'm using hks ssqv bov for my E9 but wondering that the bov is so "light" to releasing the pressure even with a small rev. I have had an experience riding my friend's E7 using Greddy bov and spotted d difference that his bov is quiet harder. My question is whether d ssqv is adjustable where i can set to harder setting. I've gone thru d user manual but never mention about d setting but only d installation. Thanks in advance for d advise..

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Interesting subject to me too.
Coz might source aftermarket BOV,in order to get the "sound" only.
Some said, the preferable sound of BOV are Greddy Type S (for Evos).
Happened to buy the HKS SQV III, back then cancel.
Coz someone quote the "sound" very minimal.
Maybe need to change the inner fin... Please refer the link below (correct me if I'm wrong)
HKS USA SSQV Insert

Then need to be equip with other gadget to prevent stalling at low RPM.
Also to find who have expertise for custom made IC piping in my place... :hmmmm:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Hi all Sifus,

I'm using hks ssqv bov for my E9 but wondering that the bov is so "light" to releasing the pressure even with a small rev. I have had an experience riding my friend's E7 using Greddy bov and spotted d difference that his bov is quiet harder. My question is whether d ssqv is adjustable where i can set to harder setting. I've gone thru d user manual but never mention about d setting but only d installation. Thanks in advance for d advise..

bro, u shud get the piston type bov such as the Greddy Type S, RS or type R..these bov are adjustable, to prevent boost leaks..

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bros.. I guess if sound is the concern, to me ssqv is good enough. Bcoz initially b4 i bought the bov, i was looking 4 d 1 that give good sound. But when i tested my friend's e7, his greddy bov is harder compared to my ssqv. It's is hard to explain but to me harder is better. Bro ehdrian, u r right need to have adjustable piston type. The matter is i just use ssqv for 1 month only ori some more huhu... need to buy and change to greddy type s :banghead:..Eh thanks guys!!

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
IMHO, i think Greddy type RS and type R sounds better than the type S..personal preference la..

YouTube - Greddy Type S BOV

YouTube - greddy type rs bov

YouTube - Greddy Type R 4efte

greddy type RS is less than rm500 nowadays..my fren plan to sell his, unused, just open box condition..lemme know if u interested..dun feel sakit hati ler, u can change bov when u r tired of ur current one if u hv a spare in hand..hehe

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

IMHO, i think Greddy type RS and type R sounds better than the type S..personal preference la..

YouTube - Greddy Type S BOV

YouTube - greddy type rs bov

YouTube - Greddy Type R 4efte

greddy type RS is less than rm500 nowadays..my fren plan to sell his, unused, just open box condition..lemme know if u interested..dun feel sakit hati ler, u can change bov when u r tired of ur current one if u hv a spare in hand..hehe

kairigi

Known Member
Jan 20, 2010
Petaling Jaya
www.facebook.com
my friend said to me the greddy BOVs are not good because it doesnt completely vent out the pressure and causes turbo surges, but IMO the greddy bov is adjustable so you get the soft "fart" or the flutter. he went for taiwan SSQV and said it was better. Taiwan>Japan? LOL

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
how many fakes hv proven to work like the ori?..only very very minor fake parts users dun experience prob, most of them will complain after using them(fake parts)..

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
From the video yes rs is d best. Any reason why ur fren wants to sell? To me try to avoid using d fakes la unless u r expert on that like workshop guys.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
i like type R's sound more..hehe..my fren bought ORI type RS from Kakimotor at Sunway..at first he wanna install in his K3-VET myvi but then he changed his mind and wanted to maintain low profile, so he decided to use the stock bov(recirculate bov) instead..i dun use fake stuffs on my car too even though i dun own an evo, except rims nia..hehe

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
I wish to have fake money, so can spend everything on Ori parts...
Ori money hurts my pocket very much... No good at all...

Ori parts will ensure you less trouble then fake parts.

ehdrian,
PM me the details of your friend BOV.

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Haha like ur opinion bro. But fake money also can hurt ur pocket if got cheated. Normally in d first place after ori money invested laa..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is it possible that swap kancil 850 gear to l200 LSD gear box? so i can hav 850 LSD gear box :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience