Need help for 20V for 304 9lift in/ex high cam

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
last time im using 304/312 ok saja? air cond all ok. power mari 5500rpm and 7000 :P ecu aftermarket.

vh-101

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
please dont forgot the valves too. can it stand? I have 1 friend using 304 rev 10k rpm also, valves broke 3 times :)

by the way, anyone know where to get racing valves and spring? I would like to rev mine to 10k rpm too. I'm on stock cams and turbo.

run out of topic little bit... but good also to know where can get aftermarket valves and retainer too

thanks

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
big valves for BT or 20v is too much work and cost
You CAN NOT 'TRY' using high cam(duration and lift) without re-shimming all the valves
You can use standard bottom end but you will have to balance engine including flywheel and pulleys.Also you have to use race bearings and new con rod bolts
Kang : it may be better to get spare engine for this mod and do not rush the job
ECU: you need standalone to cater for the vvt and higher fuel consumption(expect 7km/litre).You will also need someone to tune it right.
Cam power kicks in 5500rpm and can pull all the way to 11000rpm
Gear ratios,final drive and lsd etc depending on what u want to max the engine set up.
Because high cam:proper setting with dial gauge and crank degree plate is important.

everything done well should give you a nice 'screamer'.'Half' done and engine will not perform according to cam spec and you risk blowing engine;cost $$$$ and not enjoy this cam

nOth1n: huh inlet smaller than exhaust???are u still running vvt?

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

please dont forgot the valves too. can it stand? I have 1 friend using 304 rev 10k rpm also, valves broke 3 times :)

by the way, anyone know where to get racing valves and spring? I would like to rev mine to 10k rpm too. I'm on stock cams and turbo.

run out of topic little bit... but good also to know where can get aftermarket valves and retainer too

thanks
No experience with turbo cams but think turbo more about boost than rpm

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
Trd cams, check trd website. Vvt disabled.
On some research that I read & asked around, turbo also can put aftermarket cam. But duration not so big, I.e 256 or 264
Anybody want to sell such low cams? I would like to try la on my setup. But now also happily revving until 8500rpm

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Trd cams, check trd website. Vvt disabled.
On some research that I read & asked around, turbo also can put aftermarket cam. But duration not so big, I.e 256 or 264
Anybody want to sell such low cams? I would like to try la on my setup. But now also happily revving until 8500rpm
Aiya....sifu nothin tak cukup power lagi kaa...hehe,jangan la tinggalkan kitaorg jauh sgt,satu tiang cukup la :-p

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Correct me if I'm wrong, turbo can use higher duration maybe up to 272 but surely not higher lift. As for NA, can use both higher duration and higher lift.

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
shouldn't be a problem if you check the valve/piston clearance...
i think best to make sure to follow the North Atlantic TRD clearance value...:burnout:
source for plastercine, kindergarden stuff...:hmmmm:

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
sarip GILA Kuasa hehehehehe.

Anyway, anything above 282/8.5mm is intended for competitive use almost exclusively. Like what others have said, this sort of spec will sacrifice a lot on power delivery below 5000RPM. and you have to beef up your engine to sustain up to 11000RPM at least to utilize the shifted powerband. A lot of tuning with cam gears on the dyno is required as well.

Like I said, this sort of spec is meant for competitive purposes, you will find your 20V really sucks for normal driving and just imagine the need to always rev at 7000-9000RPM just to feel the kick while normal 20V just need 3000-6000RPM to get the same results. BUT of course normal 20V will not give you the kind of peak power punch like a fully revved 304/9mm

Your call bro

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
this is an interesting read indeed :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Immitation Unbreakable Autolock!

I've notice the packing Autolock #1440 and Autolock Pro #1645 selling in Carrefour and Ace Hardware are related with T-rex, and when i visited t-rex website, the products info links to http://www.megacell.com.my/products/products.asp. Besides there are some forumers claimed that those selling in Carrefour and Ace hardware are half of the price of the Original Autolock selling in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience