Need help !! Burnt smell after heavy rev

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

I hv an experience my evo got burnt smell after heavy rev (actually like sprint test laa). I guess the smell came from clutch as the source is somewhere between gearbox and engine. It happened at night before I rested the car. The next morning I drove the car again and the smell kept on coming out even for the short and normal drive. Appreciate if someone can tell me whether my car is having problem or it's normal for that condition. Thanks!

Rgds

khsim

Known Member
Apr 16, 2009
think maybe ur clutch plate was gone...

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I used to have the smell before but after resting for few hours then disappear. This time different the smell remains there. I'll check up my clutch. If need to replace, any suggestion? Anw thanks bro.

drift_devil05

1,500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
www.zerotohundred.com
Bro, time to replace ur new set of clutch... hahaha.... the "heavy rev" may caused ur clutch kong... hehehe.... this reminds me of our legendary silver evo 7 the whole bonet and cabin also full of smoke and smell... until the driver run out from car... wakakakaka....

neosa

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hi guys,

I hv an experience my evo got burnt smell after heavy rev (actually like sprint test laa). I guess the smell came from clutch as the source is somewhere between gearbox and engine. It happened at night before I rested the car. The next morning I drove the car again and the smell kept on coming out even for the short and normal drive. Appreciate if someone can tell me whether my car is having problem or it's normal for that condition. Thanks!

Rgds
bro ko drag ngan sape??? mahazir ke???:rofl::rofl:
kasi masuk twin plate la baru xde bau...

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
DD: Waa so terrible that legend. Me ok la burnt smell only. But looking at your story I should start to be more careful until I replace to new set.
Neosa: Bukan drag dgn bro mahazir saje test2 dgn spesis lain. Sesapa experience dh tuka clutch mind to share pls..

drift_devil05

1,500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
www.zerotohundred.com
Bro, that legend very famous in ZTH also ma.. try search for Evolutionz lolx...

khsim

Known Member
Apr 16, 2009
Bro, time to replace ur new set of clutch... hahaha.... the "heavy rev" may caused ur clutch kong... hehehe.... this reminds me of our legendary silver evo 7 the whole bonet and cabin also full of smoke and smell... until the driver run out from car... wakakakaka....

actually that day me n mizu was inside the LEGENDARY SILVER EVO 7.....almost die inside the car coz inside was fully clutch smell.....the clutch slip untill 7k rpm....:biggrin:

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Lucky u guys didn't get poisoned of d smell. :driver:. I've come across one of his threads he was letting go a white monster. Is that d one? Could be someone else..

drift_devil05

1,500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
www.zerotohundred.com
Lucky u guys didn't get poisoned of d smell. :driver:. I've come across one of his threads he was letting go a white monster. Is that d one? Could be someone else..
Yes bro... now selling the white e7 belongs to a tan sri from MLOC :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

hahaha.............

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
That Tan Sri rich bugger wor ... all original and after market parts buy cash punya ... his evo 7 last time achieved 7.89 status ... Varis, Volks, Tomei .. u name it, he had it in his kreta .... :adore::thefinger:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Been MIA and have been busy fighting bulls and other BS with my buddy KC... :-)

Been away too long and decided to embark on a small project of mine...

Typical orange peel from modern paints...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience