need bassy sound but lack of space??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

greenjacket

3,000 RPM
dear all zth ICE master

has anyone encounter with this product b4??
says this device will enhance the bass quality through only the mid bass speaker.
and there's a dealer right here in malaysia.
since im driving a small car, therefore, space is a constraint to me, as i dou wanna sacrifice my car boot juz by putting those big subwoofer.

how do u all think bout this product?? seriously im very interesting, but im still skeptical bout the sound quality it produce~~~~~~

http://www.wavescaraudio.com/htmls/products01.htm

never tried it before so I have no comment :tongue:

Anyway, IMO nothing beats it with no sub around. I'd rather be eyeing for 8" sub if space was a constrain. Hell space was a constrain for me when I got my son so I'm now down to 1 10" sub only but it whacked better than my 2 10" sub placed together. Now I can "balik kampung" with my son's toys :wink:

It actually does improve the bass quality of the midbass, but don't expect too much of it. Another thing is that you'll need an amplifier in order to use that thing. Might as well use that amp to power a 10" sub right? :P

ev3rgr4ce said:
It actually does improve the bass quality of the midbass, but don't expect too much of it. Another thing is that you'll need an amplifier in order to use that thing. Might as well use that amp to power a 10" sub right? :P

well.....i dont know, thought might have a review at the product 1st b4 i invest my hard earn money into the deadly ICE.

any idea where can i have a look at this gadget??

Why not convert entire boot space into sub box? I've seen many conti cars take up this method.

acbc said:
Why not convert entire boot space into sub box? I've seen many conti cars take up this method.

well....unfortunately mine is a perodua kenari.
as i use to carry lots of stuff, n some time my rear seat n boot is almost packed.
i've seen lots of kenari putting in a big subwoofer box right at the boot area, it's fit well, but it juz aint suit me as i need the space very often.

greenjacket said:
dear all zth ICE master

has anyone encounter with this product b4??
says this device will enhance the bass quality through only the mid bass speaker.
and there's a dealer right here in malaysia.
since im driving a small car, therefore, space is a constraint to me, as i dou wanna sacrifice my car boot juz by putting those big subwoofer.

how do u all think bout this product?? seriously im very interesting, but im still skeptical bout the sound quality it produce~~~~~~

http://www.wavescaraudio.com/htmls/products01.htm

You said that there's a dealer in M'sia right? Why not try to ask if can test it out...?

IMHO, Kenari boot space still alright. Kelisa boot space is much terrible, I think it's worse than Kancil's.

How much is the product anyway? Looks rather expensive...

DaRk_AnG3L said:
You said that there's a dealer in M'sia right? Why not try to ask if can test it out...?

IMHO, Kenari boot space still alright. Kelisa boot space is much terrible, I think it's worse than Kancil's.

How much is the product anyway? Looks rather expensive...

i have called up the malaysia dealer last week, they are juz located right at subang there
as according to them, the dealer is juz mainly serve as an operation office, and do not have any demo car with the device install. however, i've already request the name and the address of the acc shop from the dealer, but until now they still haven reply back to me yet

according to the web site, this gadget cost USD299 in US there

I believe that the product has received some good review from some US car audio mag. Maybe you can do a searh.

From what I understands by looking at the product wiring diagram, it actually functions like a bass booster. So, if you are using a 10" sub, with this product, it will sound like you are having a larger than 10" sub in your boot.

However, if you plan to use it to power your front speaker, it will make the midbass sound like a larger sized midbass.

From the looks of it, you still need an amplifier to use it properly. So, why spend USD299 on this product? A suggestion from this newbie is, maybe you can get a free air sub that is bolted on your rear deck or back seat. This might have been a better option.

cacin said:
I believe that the product has received some good review from some US car audio mag. Maybe you can do a searh.

From what I understands by looking at the product wiring diagram, it actually functions like a bass booster. So, if you are using a 10" sub, with this product, it will sound like you are having a larger than 10" sub in your boot.

However, if you plan to use it to power your front speaker, it will make the midbass sound like a larger sized midbass.

From the looks of it, you still need an amplifier to use it properly. So, why spend USD299 on this product? A suggestion from this newbie is, maybe you can get a free air sub that is bolted on your rear deck or back seat. This might have been a better option.

seriously im a newbie in ICE
so what is free air sub anyway??

greenjacket said:
seriously im a newbie in ICE
so what is free air sub anyway??

the subwoofer has no encloser (no kotak). not all sub can do this so better check the subs manual 1st :wink:

DJThoRmented said:
the subwoofer has no encloser (no kotak). not all sub can do this so better check the subs manual 1st :wink:
ah...thanx , i got it now

may check with the acc shop 1st regard this matter, without enclosure IMO it will affect the sound quality right?? more or less

anyway, thanx for yor info

A few friends have tried it and none of them said it is bad. The enchanced bass produced is pretty clean. However, it is not a replacement for a subwoofer since you can never expect you 6" midbass driver to go as low as a 10"-15" subwoofer

I think you need to be realistic abt the bass output that you are going for. mnkh is 100% correct, you will not get the output of a subwoofer, bass may be more pronounced but it will not make your mids go low....not to sub bass levels at least.

For the money that you will be investing, do seriously consider free air 8 inchers to be mounted on your speaker board. They save space and they can perform well if properly installed.

Good luck!

mnkh0027 said:
A few friends have tried it and none of them said it is bad. The enchanced bass produced is pretty clean. However, it is not a replacement for a subwoofer since you can never expect you 6" midbass driver to go as low as a 10"-15" subwoofer

thanx for yor info, i would certainly re-budget my whole ICE setup from now

Master D said:
I think you need to be realistic abt the bass output that you are going for. mnkh is 100% correct, you will not get the output of a subwoofer, bass may be more pronounced but it will not make your mids go low....not to sub bass levels at least.

For the money that you will be investing, do seriously consider free air 8 inchers to be mounted on your speaker board. They save space and they can perform well if properly installed.

Good luck!
yes.....now i understand better regarding the sub setup
thanx for yor valuable advice

8 incher sub into speaker board, now thats a whole new idea for me~~~~~

all this while i thought the subwoofer muz stuff into an enclosure or somthing

u're driving a canary rite? custom your way, place your sub on top where the OEM speakers are placed :wink:

DJThoRmented said:
u're driving a canary rite? custom your way, place your sub on top where the OEM speakers are placed :wink:

wow.....that would be nice, but wonder how the feasibility of the set up
as we know those sub pretty heavy

wonder any1 did that b4

i also drive kenari and i am using 8 inch tube wooder. yes indeed it take up alot of space. when i need boot space i will just take my woofer to infront/back row passenger seat and place there first. hehehe.
or you can place ur woofer infront as one of the "car domain" member put his 8 inch woofer infront with customise box. its kenari also

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom