Need advice in moding proton saga (orient)

lordnirrajim

Known Member
Jul 4, 2006
Hi guys....

I need some advice in modifying proton saga orient. I planned to convert the saga into mitsubishi car. So i hope the senior member will give me some opinion about the engine that I have to use ( prefer NA engine ), the exterior ( bodykit etc ) and interior modification. If you guys had some pictures for me to refer, please attach it in your reply. I also need to know the half cut shop that can provide the parts. I'm very thankful if you guys could help me in modifying my car since I am a newbies in this bussines. Hope to hear from u guys soon.... :_:

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
SAga???it was a technology mitsubishi threw away long long long long long time ago!!!!BTW i drive a saga also...haha...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
u mean saga orion??...
change to fiore lor...

dont put in too powerful engine... 4g15 inj engine will do.... afraid ur age old chassis cannot tolerate the stress.... jz keep everything in working condition and keep it spick and span, orion enthusiast will surely admire it....

lordnirrajim

Known Member
Jul 4, 2006
Thanx for the info bro... But my friend said that it was very hard to find the fiore part @ half cut. Could you suggest me a place where I can hunt this parts. Emph... About the interior, I heard that there is a cushion shop in Kajang that decorate the interior with a reasonable price. One of my friend had change all the interior of his saga and it just cost around RM 450.00. Bro doink, did the Wah Sing was in Kajang? About 4g15, is it a mitsubishi engine?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
4g15 is not a mitsubishi engine... it is a normal proton injection engine found in most wira and satria....

if u want mitsu engine, get 4g91 twincam... but this might face difficulties when register at jpj....

Naughtiers_maximus

Known Member
Jul 7, 2006
hey lord i suggest u put 1.5mitsubishi twincam enjin either injection or caburator is around 105bhp + u can used back the old orient gearbox.the enjin slighty look like 1.8 putra or u can look 4 a mirage Na or 1.6 singgle cam sirus turbo.about body part i advice change the whole thing to iswara is look more nicer & no need 4 u to be scared when see jpj with fiore bodypart

pinkdotdesigns

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
hmmm, ur saga orion 1.5 rite? if thats the case why dont u go and get a 4g61 engine. either NA or turbo also got.

if u want there is a mitsubishi supertouring engine also. then there is the 4g67 NA engine. but my suggestion the 4g61t is the right engine for ur car. a lil poweful, just nice.

lordnirrajim

Known Member
Jul 4, 2006
Thanx bro sky n maximus! Actually I've asked my mech about changing the engine. He suggested me 1.5 injection UK spec engine. I don know wether that is the 4G15. Emph... I just asking u guys opinion since u guys r the oldtimer in this bussiness and in this forum. Actually I'm tired of driving this non powerfull engine ( my saga lor... :) ). Before this I do have a toyota corolla se converted to silvertop engine. But some problem happens and I have to let it go.... So I bought this saga from my bapak mentua and I planned to convert the engine that can give me same feeling when driving my late corolla. But I prefer NA engine coz I'm driving with my 5 months old daughter at the back ( I'm scared if I put turbo in, I can't control myself! Heheheh... ) . I'm not really familiar in moding proton @ mitsu things. That is why I'm here, looking for some advise from the oldtimer... Anyway, thanx to you all for the opinion. I won't stop here. There is alot of things that I have to know from U guys.... Thanx bro!!!!

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
SkYwAlKeR said:
4g15 is not a mitsubishi engine... it is a normal proton injection engine found in most wira and satria....

if u want mitsu engine, get 4g91 twincam... but this might face difficulties when register at jpj....
:shocked: 4G15 is not MMC engine ? Then where are those halfcut 4G15 SOHC from ? Aside Singapore...Japan la ! Not sure you know this or not..there are 4G15 DOHC also...can be found in Lancer MX. 4G91 wise is not widely use or not that "popular" in japan...local everyone pray 4G91 like monster engine...it's a short stroke engine

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
lordnirrajim said:
Hi guys....

I need some advice in modifying proton saga orient. I planned to convert the saga into mitsubishi car. So i hope the senior member will give me some opinion about the engine that I have to use ( prefer NA engine ), the exterior ( bodykit etc ) and interior modification. If you guys had some pictures for me to refer, please attach it in your reply. I also need to know the half cut shop that can provide the parts. I'm very thankful if you guys could help me in modifying my car since I am a newbies in this bussines. Hope to hear from u guys soon.... :_:
Bro, your must be Proton first generation 8v engine right. Well if you plan to convert to better engine (all proton engine is mitsubishi engine) then my suggestion to you is get a 4G15 12 valve engine that you can find in Iswara (use in year 90-92 Saga also)...as for exterior and interior mod, nowadays it's very very hard to find UK spec Iswara digital meter panel and dashboard for Saga/Iswara anymore...

Btw, what is your budget of planning to throw in ?

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
another confusing/misleading statement...

if 4G15 is not mitsubishi engine, then where the hell saga 1.5 comes from?!

even the mirage has 4G15 besides 4G61 and 4G67.

if there is no 4G15 there would'nt be any 4G13s either... what we would be running? rotaries?

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
g88 said:
Bro, your must be Proton first generation 8v engine right. Well if you plan to convert to better engine (all proton engine is mitsubishi engine) then my suggestion to you is get a 4G15 12 valve engine that you can find in Iswara (use in year 90-92 Saga also)...
problem is orion engines have different mountings with the late gen 8V and the 12v 4G1X series. (always wondered why it's like that but never give it a hard tought)

since the cost of 4G15 shot up over the moon...and the 4G91 carby is almost the same price...why dont you consider it? must get the gearbox as well...since the orion ones does not fit i think.

cost of 4G15 complete somewhere around 1.5K

cost of 4G91 complete carby also somewhere 1.5K

gearbox saga 1 set...er...rm 500?

looking at 3K plus installation and serviceables spare parts.

agree with you g88...UK specs dashboards and 4 power windows...RARE!

shawty

Apr 7, 2005
1.6 singgle cam sirus turbo.<-- wat engine is this about ?i never heard about it ..tell me plz..hehehe got turbo sumore..ermm how much does it cost to put in satria 1.6 sohc ehh??sirus turbo means wat??ehheh i also new ..ehhehe

lordnirrajim

Known Member
Jul 4, 2006
Bro g88! Thanx for your advice! Actually, I've saved around 15K in my deposit for my saga. Is it ok if I spent araound 3k - 4k in moding the engine? And u r right, my saga was the first generation. Wah... so many engines for me to choose. Gone crazy already! Nenongnenong.... Emph... I also heard that it is very hard to find the exterior n interior part that i wanted. But I think, since u guys were helping me, it will be no problem right! Anyway, zillion thanx to all of you!

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
MitonCT26 said:
problem is orion engines have different mountings with the late gen 8V and the 12v 4G1X series. (always wondered why it's like that but never give it a hard tought)

since the cost of 4G15 shot up over the moon...and the 4G91 carby is almost the same price...why dont you consider it? must get the gearbox as well...since the orion ones does not fit i think.

cost of 4G15 complete somewhere around 1.5K

cost of 4G91 complete carby also somewhere 1.5K

gearbox saga 1 set...er...rm 500?

looking at 3K plus installation and serviceables spare parts.

agree with you g88...UK specs dashboards and 4 power windows...RARE!
MitonCT26 san,
i understand there where orient mounting not the same as 4G15 12valve...but then too bad for Orient/Magma/Megavalve Saga there are no plug and play engine unless using back same stock engine...as for orient if i am not mistaken it's using G15B izzit ? Hmmm i think yiheng85 would be very good in this since he drove a Saga year 85 (still right) with engine changed lasttime :regular_smile: ?

Yup yup, last sat asked...Saga gearbox is RM500 and that gearbox housing look like piece of burn metal :(...guess again something that getting very rare...:cry_smile: