MyKad - Issue On Stupidity

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com

Why there's a problem on the "RELIGION" column in MyKad. Why is the government so careless about this issue.

Are the Government idiotic staff not playing their part in the work sincerely? I have read so many cases in the news paper since day one and recent is the An Indian lorry driver whom died after strucked heart attack in Penang. His remains were refused to be collected by their family members .. because the religion stated "ISLAM". :baring_teeth:

QUESTIONS:
1. Should idiots work in government sector?
2. How many of you ppl here see the attitude and work ethique of the staffs? They are more relaxed compared with private sectors rite?

Final:
- Wat GENDER will be put in MyKAD for Transexual people :confused_smile:

Comments ........ !

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
Last time, when I make my first MyKad, they also had problems keying in my religion. After a few tries, I just told them to continue on and leave it blank...

They can't even enter the religion into the MyKad...what more can you expect ^^

NekoRacing

Oct 7, 2005
1. There are already plenty of idiots in the government as you can see how inefficient all our government related services are, e.g TMnut, Proton & etc.

2. I have seen some attitudes by workers where they think just because government supports them they tend to show that they have more advantages than normal citizens. There was once in Rush, I encountered a chinese person who kept shouting and showed his government card bragging being a government officer.

3. Transexual is illegal in Malaysia due to religions and culture, ppl who undergo surgery will still have their original gender retained in their IC.

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
those who got astro decoder at home, pls check info on your Mycard...

gov cant help us...save ourself!!!!

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
A Chinese friend of mine collected his MyKad only to realise that he was a Malay. He got the office to change it but he didn't check it after. Later on he realised he was still a Malay. Incompetence of the highest order. It's not like we are in Indonesia where a Chinese dude can have the name, Iskandar or Hartono. I would have thought it really easy to distinguish Chinese names from Malay ones, in this country anyway.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
My answers are in bold.

sakuraguy said:
QUESTIONS:
1. Should idiots work in government sector? Idiots shouldn't work anywhere
2. How many of you ppl here see the attitude and work ethique of the staffs? They are more relaxed compared with private sectors rite? I once went to DBKL to get a permit approved for the setting-up of a billboard. As usual the directed me up and down the building to see various ppl. When I finally got to the department I was supposed to see in the first place, there were three officers. One was playing Daytona on the PC and the other two were chatting. I was the only one there, mind you. Anyway, they finally entertained by after 10 minutes.

Final:

Comments ........ !

NOSkill

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
sakuraguy said:

QUESTIONS:
1. Should idiots work in government sector?
2. How many of you ppl here see the attitude and work ethique of the staffs? They are more relaxed compared with private sectors rite?

Final:

Comments ........ !
1.) yes, or else where will they go??
2.) When you know that you'll never get fired, will you work hard??

pening

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
shah alam
Visit site
why ahh zth suddenly become "tmpat mengadu"....??racial issue lar...police issue lar...nothing to do is it??if not satisfied go publish to newspaper la...

wuzzles

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
When you collect your IC, make sure you check the details at the machine available. It's easier since you can straight away to the officer & get it sorted out instead of driving there again some other day. And it doesn't even take 30 secs. If you don't see the machine, ask for it.

Same goes for you passport, don't wait for the 1st time in KLIA customs to check it to find out descrepancy. : )

If your were in a hurry, didn't know there was one etc etc, and you have an astro decoder :
a) Choose channel 800
b) Select MyKad Reader
c) Insert your MyKad info the second slot of the Astro decoder
d) Your MyKad Info (name, address, IC number, sex, religion) will appear on your TV screen

hope this helps... cheers!

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
pening said:
why ahh zth suddenly become "tmpat mengadu"....??racial issue lar...police issue lar...nothing to do is it??if not satisfied go publish to newspaper la...
and it will get published is it? this is a general forum and i believe that means we are free to talk about general issues. sweeping issues under the rug will not make them go away.

NOSkill

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
pening said:
You come to ZTH only when you're busy?? Master of the obvious.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
typical gorv servant lo.... ask u go up, go down, from one floor to another, from one department to another... finally went back to that particular department that u 1st went...

office hours start at 9.00am but all counters still closed, see all the staff back dere chit chat or just sit dere and put the TUTUP sign on the counter. Go for lunch at 11.30 and come back at 2.30....start working at 3.00pm and go back at 4.00pm...

on MyKAd issue ahhh...

go apply fill the form correctly and the worker key in my address into the system also can be wrong...and i ask him to change it but he say Tidak boleh...sistem ini dapat key in satu kali sahaja, lepas lu punya Mykad datang, u ambik balik sini tukar... and after i got MyKad, i went back to change and he say perlu bayar RM20 untuk tukar.... this really a daylight robbery....

i was like WTF...who design the System that can't edit the information....

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After I had my car wheels balancing and alignment done, when I accelerated my car, it started to swerve light and right. My steering wheel had no control over it. It happened every now and then.
Where is the possible problem?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience