Votes: 0 0.0%
  • fair

• poor

• Total voters

DOHC

Mar 26, 2007
I hope you guys get the point i'm tryna make..

I'm aware that there is no japanese alternative car for tiara for low budget.
I, myself, was planning to get a tiara years ago when i was low in cash cuz i wanted some means of transportation to get from point A to point B.

But due to advices from my mechanic friends saying tiara is da bomb to maintain, I decided to save more money up to 8 months and also worked part-time. Then I finally got ford tx-3 1.8 (M) DOHC 1994.

My point is that if he has that much money to mod, then why stick with Tiara?

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
will he be so dumb to expect his tiara to perform like an evo???
no right??
he just wan it to b a better car rite???

haih...
no use arguing la....
waste time oni....
u guys continue discouraging him la....

byebye

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
if only ppl learn to read the main topic title.. it stated my tiara, not "shld i sell my tiara and get new car" etc. i know its right in a certain point of view, now he's asking opinion bout modding tiara not shld he sell his car etc. please read and think bfor posting. keep those non-constructive post (refering to the topic) to yourself or either pm them to advice them.
anyway lets end the flame war here.

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
thanks for the critics and support guys...very much appreciated. btw, my car is just plainly stock with a little minor modes. no money to get a new ride until I work so gotta stick with the small metal horse. gotta appreciate what you have right? :)

DOHC

Mar 26, 2007
thanks for the critics and support guys...very much appreciated. btw, my car is just plainly stock with a little minor modes. no money to get a new ride until I work so gotta stick with the small metal horse. gotta appreciate what you have right? :)
weikhee86, I hope u understand us. We are not criticizing you. I said tiara is good for students like us with low budget. But I just pointed out that it is not worth putting a toyota engine as you mentioned and doing other mods. I said if u were to "mod", with that much money you could probably buy a stronger car..
Of course, it is good to appreciate what you have. You could do exterior mods and etc.

prototypes

Apr 11, 2007
weikhee86, I hope u understand us. We are not criticizing you. I said tiara is good for students like us with low budget. But I just pointed out that it is not worth putting a toyota engine as you mentioned and doing other mods. I said if u were to "mod", with that much money you could probably buy a stronger car..
Of course, it is good to appreciate what you have. You could do exterior mods and etc.
weikhee86, DOHC,

thank you for your understanding (many don't understand me) as sometimes, being in the situation whereby money and education is at state, some form of balance need to be taken into considerations. make the best out of nothing!

prototypes

Apr 11, 2007
if only ppl learn to read the main topic title.. it stated my tiara, not "shld i sell my tiara and get new car" etc. i know its right in a certain point of view, now he's asking opinion bout modding tiara not shld he sell his car etc. please read and think bfor posting. keep those non-constructive post (refering to the topic) to yourself or either pm them to advice them.
anyway lets end the flame war here.
point taken! cheers.

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
point taken guys. thanks for the advice. no plans in putting the toyota engine inside though. just a thought. gonna maintain the ori powerplant. :) save money to pay for my education. as for the outside mode, will consider. maybe get a new coat of paint. get the whole machine resprayed.

EcstacyElmo

1,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
K Hell Shitty
drove a Tiara as a first car, whats good? the fucking freezable aircon...drive long enuf and my knuckles can grow icicles...
i usualy pumped it up to 40L of fuel only. can take me about 350km, drive slow la...enjoy the drive, dun waste the fuel by driving faster than the car can manage.
if u wana do something, i suggest making the body stiffer, mine seems to flex abit when taking a steep corner uphill. soundproofing, better radio, decent speakers would make it just nice
Change the air filter something like tat,
hows ur radiator prob? my mom change the original with some metal radiator, been performing well ever since
its not actually a cash burner to maintain the car, maintain it well, it wont have much probs
u could install a voltage stabilizer or some voltmeter just to help urself maintain the car, battery seems to be a bit of a prob
for the radiator, if ur not using some cooling fluid,and instead using waters, please make sure to use filtered water. water straight frm the tap has many impurities, minerals etc frm the old pipes. Frm my experience, using filtered water last longer than plain unfiltered tap water
also, when filling in water into the radiator, there is a valve like the tyre cap somewhere behind the engine, to the left of the engine. open that and fill in water at the radiator, when water starts flowing out of that little valve, u can cap it back and continue filling water into the radiator til u see its enuf. this is becoz when the water cooling the engine heats up, some of it is released as steam, space is created frm the loss of water. opening the valve lets the air out so that the cooling line thingy is filled with water.
dang...abit long la my post haha, from my experience la...
cheers

zulu

Known Member
Feb 17, 2006
appreciate what you have... i'm sure you are not looking to make your tiara perform like an evo OR make a wira perform like an evo

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
yeaps. just wanna make it perform above average. maintain it until i can buy myself a new ride. :)

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
point taken guys. thanks for the advice. no plans in putting the toyota engine inside though. just a thought. gonna maintain the ori powerplant. :) save money to pay for my education. as for the outside mode, will consider. maybe get a new coat of paint. get the whole machine resprayed.
I guess you can play with tiara's strong points, mainly good ride/handling (in its class) and economical...

If I'm like you and on a budget...maybe I'll

1. Replace any worn parts on the car as in engine, suspension, bumpers etc...

2. Before coating it wif a fresh coat of paint, check for rust part and treat it wif antirust....even if there's no rust found, no harm done by getting it treated. After that, then spray the car.

3. Reupholster whole interior to give it a new life. if no budget, then go for a professional interior cleanup...smells nice oso :_:

If do all these thing above, its like driving a new car....:_:

ultimatevolution7

Chosŏn Inmin'gun 4.25
Jun 30, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.flickr.com
This damn thread was not meant to be about whether he should "keep the Tiara or get recommendations for a new car"....
Didn't visit this thread for a few days and look, now people saying this and that...

weikhee86.. keep up your good spirit...
Its not wrong to love your car!

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
papagoines, thanks for the suggestions. :) very helpful.

ultimaterevolution7, thanks for your support bro. :D

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
just found suitable aftermarket shocks, the type that is filled with gas. and springs for the front suspension too. planning to change soon. will update ASAP

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My road tax is expiring very soon. So I went to MyEG Kepong Village to renew it since I was around there this afternoon. To my disgust, they wanted to charge me RM30 service fee and I was like, wtf so expensive??? I asked the counter girl if this expensive service charge is a norm and she said yes all these while it is RM30. If renew at post office its only RM2. I went to MyEG because I have not get my geran yet since it is a new car.

So I went home, logged in MYEG, and paid RM98.75 for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience