My Mini Overheat and RPM maintain problem

chicak

Known Member
Jan 4, 2005
Dear collegue,

I using a mini austin year 1973 . Purple in colour. I have done an engine transplant.
My problem is when it is running in a jem situation , start in the morning for a few minutes ,
the temperature rise until max...... I have add 1 more radiator fan (beside using the original)to make the temp. stable, but failed. And the other problem is my engine timing is high (app 2000 rpm.) if i adjust the timing to 1000 rpm ,when i drive the car especially at the trafic light , the engine off easily.....and have to start back.......hope that mini otai user can help my problem......thanks. you also contact me at 012-2738382. - cak -

malyadayada

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
im no otai but have u check ur radiator. probably sumbat. u can check by open the cap n start the car. try to revv it if water tryin 2 come out like fountain then it's sumbat....u can try it out...

pimpin323

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2004
flush radiator, if have time take out the thermostat, or drill holes on the side or it. to make extra flow. i allways wanted a front mounted radiator on my mini, but i could never find the elec dizzy with the flat cap which gives enuff room for a front mount. other then that, hey its a mini.

chicak

Known Member
Jan 4, 2005
mini overheat

Thanks Bro for your advise,

As per my earlier email with malyadayada, I have flush my radiator three times but still having the same problem. I even put an extra fan........i will check my termostat or should i change my radiator itself.

mini flinstone

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
i had this problem last time

i can ask my friend to look into the matter...but where r u?
he's a mechanic by his own...a traveller mechanic..so name me ur place first

chicak

Known Member
Jan 4, 2005
mini

The car is in Bangsar . Near Bangsar Utama...

mini flinstone

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
who's the car?

the car can move or not? if u need my friend to have a look, call him
pls mention my name to him,hafez. his a malay lad,aflah 012-2262264

and u r?