Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

My house got broken in!!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Happyman

As topic said, my house got broken in. Luckily we have insurance but I have heard number of stories that, the insurance company maybe not pay you back in full. Someone have his losses claimed back but 40% only, some said 60%. I am just wondering if you can provide full evidence or receipts or whatver will the bank still pay you that low? The total amount of the losses is RM165,000++ but we can provide only RM140k worth of receipts, all the receipts are legit and genuine, will the bank still refuse to pay you back in full?

Please share with us here if you know any stories or if you have enough knowledge to answer my questions. Thanks!!!

wow..thts is hefty man.....i duno about insurance policy stuff but i can do is...tsk tsk tsk...so sorry to hear tht...i dun think insurance would b so good pay 100% coverage lor...mayb 85%..i said mayb..i might b wrong

eujin said:
wow..thts is hefty man.....i duno about insurance policy stuff but i can do is...tsk tsk tsk...so sorry to hear tht...i dun think insurance would b so good pay 100% coverage lor...mayb 85%..i said mayb..i might b wrong

maybe would...maybe would not...maybe 10%, maybe 20% maybe 200% maybe 1000% maybe none.....

anyone else here have any bad experience like this before? Anyone else here have knowledge in this particular field?

thats why went u inform ur insurance company.. u should say that u lost more than u actually lost... friend has done that b4

well i believe this kinda case is like u lost ur car also.... they will not pay u full amount coz they have to calculate the value of the stolen item after u have use it.

What ppl usually do is to report higher value than actual value lost...but this is not ethical and you are in risk of fraud...My dads friends who run the goldsmith business always did that when their shop got robbed...

it has to depend on what insurance company you purchased your insurance....
like those car insurances..some company pay more and some pay very less and find excuse to delay...one of the worst case among my friend are the kuniang insurance company... :)

I think there's too many stupid police doing roadblocks n speedtraps, when what they really should do is catch these thieves.

let me say i am soryy to hear that u got rob ...
in the case of insurance .. IF it was similar to car loss ... then they should pay u back the amount u are legitimately claiming less the excess clause amount (which is normally 2.5%) .. this is what happens when u try to claim in car insurance laa ..
of coz the insurance company will always offer u something much lower in writing after they are happy with their investigation etc etc .. write back to them telling them the amount u expect and oso CC a copy of their letter and your reply to the insurance company to PIAM (persatuan insurans am malaysia) ..
i did this when cart got stolen last time .. sum insured was 32k .. they offered 24k (which was ridiculous) .. i wrote back that if they are going to collect 32k worth or premium from me than they should pay me back 32k less 2.5% laaa .. after a few rounds of letters ... they finally paid me 31k .. which is quite ok laaa (which i accepted) .. hehehehehe
good luck !!!!

Top Bottom