My Handmade Radio Control Boat

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Erm. This creation has been completed years already. Today, my mind suddenly appears the intention to share with you guys. Thanks.
It is powered by a 5 coil 540motor, which still gives enough torque to turn the fan without gears. The the "Fuel Consumption" is very very well too.
The power supply, anything. haha.

These are the pictures. Got more actually. But i couln't find it. hehe

The below video shows it is swimming in the pool.

YouTube - Handmade RC Ship

Yup. It is slow, but in this video. It is very fast actually, until the front can lift off but i couldn't find the video of this. I was using a spoilt battery in this video. Thanks for watching. :)

Last edited:

roy_fatboy

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Selangor
www.wiraownersclub.com
Great work there.. great to know other peope also do the same stuff like me..

i also have a DIY boat.. do it together with my friend from carved-up polystyrene, and recyled RC glider (which have crashed a few times.. haha)..

my boat got a twin fan, which i used to steer (if turning, only one fan on)..

maybe i'll post the pics ater on..

really nice work you got there..:_:

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Thanks guys. Muah... haha

Roy_fatboy. Quickly post up yours too. Ya. Is really hard to find friends who do this kind of diy. haha. Erm. I made a RC car too. Shape light dragster but have disassembled it to get the engine for this boat. hehe

roy_fatboy

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Selangor
www.wiraownersclub.com
hey dude..
mind to tell me where u get the fan??..

hurm.. heres the pic of mine.. not as nice as yours..hehe..
dont have a video preview.. sorry.. but from the pics, u should know how it works..

Anyway, im planning to do another one.. maybe this time make the fan underwater.. like real boat...
but gotta figure out how to steer..:_:

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Hey. Yours very very nice la. Looks very very custom. Mine is like junkyard stuff. hahahah....
I got the fan from a fan used when we don't have power supply. It has spoilt, so i take it. haha. And that fan, was cut into 2 before. hehe. I join it back when i do this boat. Luckily not too much vibration... haha
About the steering, mine using a very very simple "servo" from a car. haha
What fan are you using? And what size of motor? Your boat is mainly from wood? Looks like wood...

roy_fatboy

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Selangor
www.wiraownersclub.com
its taken from those RC Glider Plane.. i used to have it last time, but then it crashed SOOOOO MANY times that it cant fly anymore..

so i took everything (motor, fan, circuit, battery) and just put them together on polystyrene.. hehe, its not wood, just some yellow cardboard thing.. jut put it so it looks nicer..

how do i know what kind of motor im using?..
Ouh, and on the motor, haf to put heatsink, bcause the motor go hot quite fast..

hurm, but design-wise, i think urs is better loh..

planning to do a hovercraft.. u got any idea??..:_:

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Roughly measure the length of the engine body as below.

Example a 540motor has the length of 540mm. or measure the diameter also can la. haha
Erm. Hovercraft ah... still gathering info. The crucial part is the capability to float with the air, don't know the efficient method yet... and the weight balance it important as well. I was thinking of cutting a hole on the boat, but there are too much weight to the back, the fan's weight.

roy_fatboy

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Selangor
www.wiraownersclub.com
yeah..

the hovercraft skirt is hard.. summore, the downward fan power also important..

too much power, hovercraft flip..
not enuff power, skirt wont expand.. no air bag.. it wont float..

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Haha. Err. I don't think im doing the skirt one, instead, a solid one that can trap the air. I have a small electric powered hovercraft with skirt, the skirt can tear la. haha. Need to apply tape. Have you seen a RC hovercraft in action before? It moves faster on land than water. That was one with rubber type skirt.

roy_fatboy

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Selangor
www.wiraownersclub.com
Haha. Err. I don't think im doing the skirt one, instead, a solid one that can trap the air. I have a small electric powered hovercraft with skirt, the skirt can tear la. haha. Need to apply tape. Have you seen a RC hovercraft in action before? It moves faster on land than water. That was one with rubber type skirt.
yeah, i've seen one, thats where i got the idea to do one, but abit bigger..
heheh..
last time, i used motorbike tyre tube for the skirts, but they are too heavy, an my fan is not powerful enuff.. huu~~:_:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Another secret reveal how I brought this ZERO to HERO

you are about to witness in history for what took place, which was never reveal to you before.

I do not know whether should this be in our history or national detailing archive ............

Let me warn you before hand what you are gonna to see, will change your perspective of believe or not......PG-18, and luckily not R rated

Some of you remembered, back in Feb, during the Chinese new year week beak (holiday) i went back to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience