My amp is cutting....

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

seisuichai

Known Member
Dec 23, 2004
Taman Mayang
Hi all, just wanna ask for your help on my setup. when my car is idle, I on my head lights at night, full blast air-cond and on louder volume, my comp set amp tends to cut because my volt meter is dropping from 14.4V to 12.5V, my component amp cut, but my sub amp no cut.... still got tumb tumb tumb...only...no voice..

but when i turn the air-cond down a bit, the music is back ok. I am using NS60 maintenance-free battery. does it have any diff using dry cell to wet cell? some suggested using NS70. some suggest change alternator to 1.5...my car is lmst 1.3...some suggest use thicker wires for the power cable from the battery to amp..and from amp to speakers...so many suggestions.... helppppp...

i have 2 amps...comp set and 12" sub.. sony HU, grounding cables done and using 90/110W white light on my humble lmst... any reason?

tq many many....

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
does this happen EVERYTIME u turn the lights & air con up? I kinda suspect could be connection prob. Voltmeter 12.5V still is okay since ur amp operates on 12V wan...

seisuichai

Known Member
Dec 23, 2004
Taman Mayang
not always...i check all the wirings alredi...ok mah...grounding and v.stabiliser got.. when the car is moving...the volt goes up... is ok..sometime it drops to 12.2V like that and the amp cuts.. normal air-cond is ok... can be quire a problem when fetch many people because they wan air-cond..hehehe.. any suggestions?

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
try a direct connection from the car battery to the amp skipping the V. stabiliser. It might be possible that ur v. stabiliser not enuf power to cater to 2 amps? I still say that 12.2V is still normal charge for ur alternator...

calvinhpk

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.mycarhifi.com
the 12.2V measured is at the battery connection or at the amp terminal?

if measured at batery terminal, maybe with all the cable length to the amp at the boot/under seat, voltage will be lower.....

upgrade alternator will be good choice....

seisuichai

Known Member
Dec 23, 2004
Taman Mayang
mana dapat new alternator...
my car one sitll new one.....1 year plus only....

where and how much total? plus installation??? suggetion pls

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
erm...u can always try out the cheap way 1st....connect ur power cable direct 2 amp,not going thru the v.stabilizer...

seisuichai

Known Member
Dec 23, 2004
Taman Mayang
so meaning u want me to take out the v.stabilizer
i think all the problem started when i put the white lights.....
but i will try to remove the v.stabilizer first...see how....cause my white lights look nice... can only aford cheap ones....cannot go for HID...

bigwan72

Apr 11, 2005
how old is the battery? ice sucks up battery very fast, especially with the low standard of batteries we get nowadays

seisuichai

Known Member
Dec 23, 2004
Taman Mayang
the battery is just 3 months old.... i think using wet cell is ok.. but i let my installer check....he comment he need to check the whole thing..maybe problem will solve if he change bigger power cables from the battery to the amp.... dunno....

any more suggestions?

yobha

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL
Hi

I dun think its the VS. Bro did u try without without turning on ur aircond max, is the amp still cut?? if problem still persist, i think ur amp is under power, can u please tell us what amp u r using for compset n sub??

seisuichai

Known Member
Dec 23, 2004
Taman Mayang
i think the setup is good before i change my head lights.....
i was using the stock 55/60 bulbs.....till i change to white 6000K 90/110

is this the problem?

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
buy a multimeter and check what voltage is your amp running at. usually amp cutting off from overheating or running at low voltage

seisuichai

Known Member
Dec 23, 2004
Taman Mayang
i got volt meter liao...what else? over heating....i dun on air-cond, open my window and drive....no cut...volt damn stable......
hehehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Very often, most of us will find another vehicle from no where or from the furthest left or right of toll plaza area cut across in front of us, just because they find the toll lane in front of us is less congested.
This will make us brake quite suddenly to avoid hitting them....
Sometimes believe it or not!
They even cut diagonally across in front of you, its a very scary experience and i believe it happens to most of us most of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience