MSD 6AL + MSD Power Coil VS Ultra MDi

Yiloong

500 RPM
Oct 2, 2005
I had bought a brand new MSD 6AL + MSD Power Coil and I am planning to install in my B16A. But I hear some of my friends said that Ultra MDi or HKS twin Power can generate more HP.

Any sifu here had used those items before??? Any deference between this items??? Please raise out your comment.

Thanks.....

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
MSD combos is the best choice,,,HKS twin power is OK for ecu cheating,,but the main power still comes from coil.

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
as far as i know the ultra mdi only are made for type-r. i havent seen it for the non-typer models. furthermore u can only get from halfcut shops. dun know abt the results tho. it comes with the extra blaster coil.

about the twinpower, yes its good but its very very expensive. smoother on all rpms and especially high rpms.

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Yiloong said:
I had bought a brand new MSD 6AL + MSD Power Coil and I am planning to install in my B16A. But I hear some of my friends said that Ultra MDi or HKS twin Power can generate more HP.

Any sifu here had used those items before??? Any deference between this items??? Please raise out your comment.

Thanks.....
Since you bought that product how do you feel ??:regular_smile: it's suitable or not...?

Yiloong

500 RPM
Oct 2, 2005
I not yet install it to my car. if any info can prove Ultra MDI is better than MSI 6AL. May be i will planning to buy ultra MDI.

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Yiloong said:
I not yet install it to my car. if any info can prove Ultra MDI is better than MSI 6AL. May be i will planning to buy ultra MDI.
Why do you want bigger spark ??:confused_smile: How extreme is your engine ? are you running 13.5 > compression,,,are you boosting 2.2 bar ? Dont be conned by advertisement,,,only race cars need MSD plus the other "overkill" products. If you're running on stock compression, no need these products.

Last edited:

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Im not mechanic,,im a fabricator. Its either your distributor kong (inside got plastic melt down),,,your intake cam miss 2 tooth (so you cant advanced anymore/locked) eventhough you dial maximum or your ballast is not stable (need more earthing).

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
i've checked my distributor n oso try to change with another one oso same...
cam positioning oso in position...
the last one is what? ballast? yes my car less grounding i think... to reduce weight.. hehe... j/k..

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
definitely.

the stock products on the factory car are meant for stock setup usage.

hattech-v said:
if running 12-12.8 compression is it useful to use this kind of product?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Driveshaft for 1.3/1.5 protons

Hi All,

I'm planning to change my driveshaft, not only that, i wanna change the full set alone.

Ok, i don't know what is that called.

Assuming the driveshaft alone is on the right, in the middle is the steel rod, and on the left is also similar like driveshaft but is not.

The reason why I want to change is that, there is this 'kling kling' sound even when driving on straight road, i suspect is the steel rod or the one inside. There is no 'tak...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience