Mohawk ME 12" subs user.....

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
i've plotted Mohawk ME 124 vs. Kicker CompVR 12" D4

based on using the recommended box i.e. 2 cu.ft and at that port size, the port tuning is 24hz instead of 31hz as stated in the Mohawk ME manual.

this makes Mohawk ME having a flatter response but Kicker CompVR plays lower even its port tuning is at 35hz.
If kicker compvr having the same port tuning i.e. 24hz, it still play lower than Mohawk ME.

if i make Mohawk ME port tuning at 35hz, it plays lower than Kicker CompVR with the same port tuning freq.

in terms of loudness, Kicker CompVR is louder

if based on WinISD, i see this sub Mohawk ME does not play loud and but can go lower.

the T-S parameters provided seems not correct since WinISD detects some mismatch.
The Vas of this sub is much much lower (as calculated by WinISD).

So i see this sub has a soft suspension and weak motor.

kimba

Nov 24, 2005
What is the recommended sealed box size for this subwoofer? The smallest box so that it can fit in the Kancil bonet...Need advice...

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
why do you want to go for sealed?

kimba

Nov 24, 2005
Re:

Correct me if i'm wrong...from what i heard, sealed box is more to SQ, more solid and accurate subwoofer sound. That why i choose to go for sealed box.

acidcoller

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2006
i think no wrong la bro...

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Just audited frens Mohawk Extreme (ME12) and I find it:

1. Quite loud in a Kancil.
2. Decent performance
3. Good in higher freq.

I cant say more as I have limited time and songs to test and the box are wrongly designed and builded. At first I though the sub sucks as it gets pretty ugly in lower freq and poor in the low end. But then again since the box is wrongly builded I shall wait until the new box is completed and audit again.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Care and Feeding of the Porsche Clutch
by Paul Lighthill

A recent call inquired about severe clutch chatter in a Carrera 2 that had only 30,000 miles on the odometer. It has been my experience during forty years of dealing with things mechanical that the operator is the single most important factor in determining a machines longevity and reliability. Perhaps nowhere is this more apparent than in the clutches and transmissions of our favorite cars, where PIO, or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience