Modding a Ford Telstar 2.0, Yr 1999

Feb 21, 2006
Hey motor peps,

I just acquired a Ford Telstar 2.0 Ghia last month, it's a 99/00 model.. almost 6 years old, DOHC engine and 15" sport rims, with about 110K on the dials.

It's a pretty ok car, but i am looking to make it better. I have already changed the absorbers to a semi sports Mazda 626, Kayaba Japan - gas absorbers. Improved the handling dramatically, altho i can feel the tarmac now. Shodded it with 195/60 Falken Ziex tires, pretty good grip.

Now I am looking into:
1) a stabilizer/strut bar in front - cant find one yet

2) 4-2-1 extractor, bullet and muffler - muffler can find easily, but the rest can find yet

3) CAI - cant find yet

4) K&N drop in filter - cant find yet

5) voltage stabilizers - you guys think neccesary?

6) stereos - everywhere also got - but if got good suggestions, i am more than happy...

7) sound proofing.. where to get good quality ones?

8) iridium spark plugs and high tension cables - what brand good ah?

9) last but not least, brakes.. i am looking for ventilated, cross drilled ones for the front hubs.. i saw ATX in speedworks, perdana ones are about 600+ for a pair, not counting the calipers and pads. But mine are 5 lug hubs.. 4 lugs, everywhere, 5 hard to find... got any ideas?

what do you guys think? will such mods compliment the car, in terms of power and fuel consumption? btw, it's an auto..

Thanks - Nick

nicholas_cln

Feb 21, 2006
First replacement

I serviced the telstar today - mobil 20/50 engine lubes
added in a bardhal performance additive
bosch super 4 spark plugs
fuel saver magnetic fuel line ionizers

i noted a better and smoother fuel delivery.. i havent found out if that would bring down the fuel consumption or not..

Nick

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to all members, especially sifus2....i have a problem after repairing my car. here my shor story:

last saturday night am driving says about 140km/h at mrr2 highway from gombak heading to ampang, suddenly i saw a big hole with steel plate at the middle lane of mrr2. i cannot do anythg because it happen too fast and i jumped into it and my tyre flat.:banghead:

today i sent to workshop and replace tyre and do some basic handling checking. the point of my threat is.....i feel something is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience