Modding A 4g93 N/A Engine...Give ur comments pls ppl

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
if you've seen the stock crank pulley there are actually bits of rubber, this guy is important since it will damp out vibrations on ur crank. Without this you risk causing extra wear on your bearings and other nasty damage :)

potssum

Jan 17, 2005
so do you use this lighten crank pulley?? hows does it feel? does this lighten flywheel have this bits of rubber?... tq for sharing :)

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
dolly said:
if you've seen the stock crank pulley there are actually bits of rubber, this guy is important since it will damp out vibrations on ur crank. Without this you risk causing extra wear on your bearings and other nasty damage :)
thanks,only now i know actually...all this while ive heard ppl saying this n that ...bla bla bla....ive just checked with a buddy n he's aftermarket lightened c/pulley has no rubber..i think its best to stay with stock c/pulley to be off unwanted known trouble's

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
satria81 said:
bro,

i was thinking of this just bcos i felt the lack of power seriously,i tot by a proper tune up id gain some extra feel on the pedal.Im blur on the meaning of"risk running into detonation",pls help on this...otherwise...thanks so much for helping.

detonation in an engine is caused by an increase in pressure causing the fuel/air to combust without the help of the spark from the spark plug.

i'm sure you know that if the pressure increases in a rigid vessel, the boiling temp decreases right? according to PV=RT which is the ideal gas equation. so for P (pressure) to increase, T (temperature) has to decrease. which is why the compression ratios are usually left alone if you're running stock cause the higher the ratio, the higher the chance of 'knock' or detonation occuring.

improper timing adjustments will also have an effect i guess, because you're either letting the combustion happen wayyyyy too soon or wayyyyyy to slow. thus screwing up the pistons reciprocation (is that a word?).

Engine_Maniac

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
Malaysia
4g93

Haiyo Satria 81 belum habis kah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satria81
could anyone rougly brief on the function of retard and advance in the distributor tuning...thnx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Maniac
Advance and retard is the firing timing for ignition.Advance would be firing before TDC and retard would be firing after TDC.
This is best to be done by a mechanic who knows what he is doing in the first place.Reason being when it is advanced the initial power would be very responsive but there would be side effect.Pinking would be produced during high speed due to limited/pre ignition fuel.When the distributor is retarded knocking would be produced due to post ignition.
How skilful is the mechanic can be evaluated after this adjustment.
Advantages of this precisely adjustment is good fuel consumption,smoothness and early morning you start the engine you should be able to see vapours coming through your exhaust!

from page 4 of this forum

Last edited:

pinkdotdesigns

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
dude's wanna ask a lil question here.

Do you think a 4g93 frm GTI got anychance to tarpau a toyota starlet 1.3turbo manual? lets say both engine's are 100% stock.

CARENT

Known Member
Jul 10, 2005
PJ
pinkdotdesigns said:
dude's wanna ask a lil question here.

Do you think a 4g93 frm GTI got anychance to tarpau a toyota starlet 1.3turbo manual? lets say both engine's are 100% stock.

Bro,

I think can, but a stock 4G93 may not be tuned properly. It depends very much on the settings for cam pulley. :)

pinkdotdesigns

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
hmmm... so i am guessing if it's tuned properly then can ar?

GTpuI

500 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
i am also using that mits engine but ok what.putra pun tapaula...tapi putra standard la.aku tukar extractor dgn downpipe mivec je.tabung gti ori.

cooljas

500 RPM
Jan 24, 2005
CARENT said:
Bro,

I think can, but a stock 4G93 may not be tuned properly. It depends very much on the settings for cam pulley. :)
If u are saying about adjustable cam pulley then its not 100% stock ady!

pinkdotdesigns

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
hmmm... ok just a lil question here, how do i increase the torque from the engine?

CARENT

Known Member
Jul 10, 2005
PJ
cooljas said:
If u are saying about adjustable cam pulley then its not 100% stock ady!
yes... it may be true. But the only problem is this, the stock settings by Proton may not be up to standard. Imagine when I first bought my car, it was so under powered even my fren driving a 1.6 said it didn't feel like a 1.8 DOHC. :angry_smile:

So, definition of stock should be no changes to the internal parts of the engine.

Changing of the compression ratio via the cam pulley should be considered ok la.... :regular_smile:

I think changing to R3 cams and the PnP done by R3 should be the way to go!!! :shades_smile:

cooljas

500 RPM
Jan 24, 2005
CARENT said:
yes... it may be true. But the only problem is this, the stock settings by Proton may not be up to standard. Imagine when I first bought my car, it was so under powered even my fren driving a 1.6 said it didn't feel like a 1.8 DOHC. :angry_smile:

So, definition of stock should be no changes to the internal parts of the engine.

Changing of the compression ratio via the cam pulley should be considered ok la.... :regular_smile:

I think changing to R3 cams and the PnP done by R3 should be the way to go!!! :shades_smile:
When u change to an adjustable cam pulley?Do u called it as stock pulley or adjustable cam pulley?Anyparts that u have upgrade or change it, its not called STOCK anymore unless u replace it with the same spec and same thing!
1.8DOHC stock is very underpower due to factory setting, they set it quite rich!Try rechipping, adding a piggyback or change to a standalone then u will improve a lot and your fuel consumption will be better if it is properly tuned!
I agree with you R3 cams r very good.......:shades_smile:

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
satria 81,i'd go thru a website auto.vl.ru.com the engine u having now is a bit less power/torque compare to putra's.

correct me if im wrong coz dun have time to go thru all pages in this thread.

potssum

Jan 17, 2005
ive just install FSE fpr, to all the sifus out there.. how much should i set the pressure? some's tell me to set it at 2.6 bar.. what do you reckon?what is the ideal pressure should i set?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
After reading this thread, I really have mixed feelings. Some say with this mod the car is fast some would say it's not.

I never own any Proton cars before so I know nothing about 4G93P. I would like to know whether is 4G93P worth modding? I'm not planning to use it for racing or trying to win some Vtec but it's purely to satisfy my modding bug.

If I would want the 4G93P to rev freely and it feels like a true 1.8? what can I do? swapping another engine is different story for me but I like to know how much can the 4g93P can be done? budget is not a question to me. Also is NS performance is a good tuner for proton engines?

Really appreciate the feedbacks. i need technical information..example: what piston can be swap (mivec 82MM is the safest swap that I got to know from this thread), E3 cross member can be swap in? other things....etc...

My main focus is on the engine, engine management, suspension & chassis.

Thanks

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
hi guys. just wanna share some info.

the fastest 4g93 setup that ive read somewhere on the net is 208.9hp/7500 rpm.
4g93 + high cam + 4 throttle + motec + 1.9L .

the fastest 4g93 non mivec in malaysia are satria R3 4 throttle & MAG yellow GTi . all very powerful without changing head to mivec. class F non vtec winner.

for me. i think 4g93 is very gud engine. if u know wut to do to make it fast. can be on par with engine with variable timing/lifting.

all motor power!

firdausasri

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Guys,

My soon going to be project before letting go of my Satria GTi.

4G93P ported & polished, valve cut and port match
4G63 valves (bigger)
JUN billet cams
Stiffen valve spring
4G93T injector
Custom made 5-10mm cylinder extension (sit on top of engine block)
0.4mm gasket
JE forged piston 83mm or Mazda B8 83mm
4G94 crankshaft, conrod
4G93T inlet manifold ported and match
63mm throttle body with butterfly flap thinned
Semi racing clucth and cover
Stock 1.8 gearbox with Mivec final drive
Lightened flywheel
Pipercross Viper kit
RPW 4-1 extractor, 2.3 piping and Tanabe Medalion G muffler
E-manage with injector and ignition harness

This mod should definitely giving circa 2.0-2.2 litre pushing 180hp with 200-210nm torque on wheel.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
firdaus, the cylinder extension is for what? to lower the comp ratio?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i'm using iswara, the tyre is more than 1 yrs old,
but the problem is, my rear tyre is wearing more inside tha out side.
my front tyre wearing even.
therefore, can somebody tell me what's the problem & what can i do?

one more thing arr,
now i'm using YOKOHAMA [what type not sure] size 185/55/15,
nowadays, how much if i want to changed all 4 of my tyre?

TQVM:emoticon_U:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience