Modding a 2000 Merc CLK230Komp

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Hey guys,
my uncle just acquired a CLK230Komp.
Honnestly i'm quite clueless about the car.
So let's start with ZTH
I recalled there is a local Merc forum. What's the url.
Anyway would like to get more oomph out of the car.
Would say 240hp a realistic goal without going balistic with money and at the expense of reliability?

Are there any notable tunners or workshops that are based in Malaysia that can offer advice and modding?

I gather you could change the extractors, exhuast, change the pulley of the supercharger, cams and chip it. Anything else without having to drop the engine?
Looking for some opinions and constructive criticism
Cheers.

MaNofWaR

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2003
On the AiR
Visit site
hi

bro..i'm sure u wouldn't wanna race that clk...
but if u wanna upgrade it...u can opt for some available aftermarket stuffs (exhaust systems etc)from famous tuners i.e amg, brabus, lorinser. Future style in glenmarie and few others in sunway is the place to pay a visit.

but its not cheap... my mum has one, and the only upgrade i did to it was changing an 18" brabus rims and suspension upgrades. that already made a huge hole in the pocket. afterall strolling in a clk downtown is usually done at nominal speeds.... the car is trully stunning to be looked at.

just my 2 cents

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Yeah i heard of the tuners u mentioned. To date the only guys i hear that sell kits and fix them for you is Kleeman. I know they can cost quite a bit of coins.
Btw future style, they just sell body kits and cosmetic or they also mod mercs?
I understand your point that the car is to be waft around but the car feels seriouly underpoke.

Sunway? What tuners are there or so call "tuners" that cater to Continentals?
Btw have anyone enquired how much a typical power kit costs?

brabus

Known Member
Feb 18, 2005
BTW ManOfWar...What's the price of Brabus Rims you got? New or Used? Where did you bought it?

Casanova

Jun 1, 2005
Shah Alam
www.europrojektz.com
Mercedes engines are hard to modify but since you already have a Kompressor it makes it a little easier...

1) Pulley kit - diverts power from elsewhere to make more horsepower
2) Engine software - makes your original kompressor make more horsepower by eating more petrol
3) Headers/Exhaust - make more horsepower by letting your car breath better

you pretty much said all these mods already anyway, so there's not much else you can do.

If you have extra cash you could just upgrade the kompressor thru lorinser or kleeman. If you still have extra cash you could get brabus to upgrade the engine.

Bodykit wise, I'm more a Lorinser fan than a Brabus fan....everyone here in M'sia has Brabus stuff, it would be more unique if you went with a Lorinser kit.

Last edited: