Mivec engine - what meter?

Pie_Wira_AB

Oct 28, 2005
hi all, i'm planning to buy a new engine on my wira aeroback 1.3..going for half-cut....my choice is Mivec 1.6+rear breakdisk but without putting in the dashboard,and bodykit to save my $$$$...i'm preparing about 7k in about 4 month...is it possible to get a rear breakdisk and mivec engine for only 7k...can u advise how much money should i prepare....

and can you guys list down what kind of meter can i put into my car ofter my mivec transplant example = autotimer,mivec ctrller,RPM.......what else can i put at my dashboard?????

pinkdotdesigns

Mar 7, 2006
leave it standard lar, sleeper. look garang man. If u still wan RPM meter, then u can get 1.5 wira manual meter. Got rpm. But i think wirring need to adjust alil bit.

gsrTurbo9166

Apr 23, 2005
Pie_Wira_AB said:
hi all, i'm planning to buy a new engine on my wira aeroback 1.3..going for half-cut....my choice is Mivec 1.6+rear breakdisk but without putting in the dashboard,and bodykit to save my $$$$...i'm preparing about 7k in about 4 month...is it possible to get a rear breakdisk and mivec engine for only 7k...can u advise how much money should i prepare....

and can you guys list down what kind of meter can i put into my car ofter my mivec transplant example = autotimer,mivec ctrller,RPM.......what else can i put at my dashboard?????
hi bro
mivec halfcut will cost around 6k
if u don wan the bodykit n dashboard, u can save 1k from 6k
installation depends on whether ur car is carbie or injection
carbie u need to buy a fuel tank n installation will cost around 1.0k-1.2k
for injection, installation will only cost around 800++-1k
JPJ inspection is around 500
rear disk break will cost around 650-750
wear n tear parts (eg:timing belt,engine oil, gear oil, clutch...) will cost around 400-500++
not to offend u bro, i don really think that your 7k is enuff

may i no where u stay???
if is KL then better don show off all ur meters
if not u will regret after u kena stolen.
if u wan to put then u can put in vaccum, volt, oil press, oil temp, water temp,

Pie_Wira_AB

Oct 28, 2005
i live in JB... not enough huh...it's ok...i'll stanby around 10k....JPJ is around 500 huh? quite suprising...dont know about that....are ur sure? but 1.3 to 1.6 mivec is not a problem right?

gsrTurbo9166

Apr 23, 2005
hi bro pie
JPJ is around that price since u din over the 25% limit too much
don worry coz 1.3 to 1.6 is still legal

kwai

Dec 18, 2004
Perak
dun save the money for the dashboard,

when u buy a mivec halfcut, its come witht he dashboard n wirings..

can say plug n play into ur car... only those wiring to rear doors n lights n etc need to do abit...

plug n play=safe n reliable~!

if not, u let ur mech custom join back all the wirings into ur proton dashboard, u may spend more and reliable is an issue...

later got any problem, yellow join green, black join blue, blue join red... others mech how to check for u?

think properly... save a dashboard money, spend on rewiring n headache until u sell car..

think properly...

bodykit is nth, but the dashboard and meter you better use back~! :D

QuarterMile

Nov 19, 2005
I juz got my mivec last 2 months below are what i paid for:-

Mivec halfcut w/rear disc -RM5800
Installation everything to running -RM1500
Exhaust front till back(5zigen) -RM1400
JPJ minum -RM450
Adjustable hi/lo coilovers -RM1650
TOTAL =RM10800

halfcut should come with dashboard,rear disc and petrol tank.

hope this helps...

boyzone

Mar 13, 2005
If u are look for 4G91, than u can save a lot, but it is no advise to save on mivec engine, due to wiring and engine harness is totally different with those run witrh aif flow sensor 4G engine. Complete halfcut is needed for ur convertion, especially on caburrator car.

Pie_Wira_AB

Oct 28, 2005
owh...my car is using injection...there should be no. prob wit the oil tank... just dont wanna have problem wit his engine...i have read several post...and there are several people having problem wit their mivec activation.....some says that their mivec activation doesn't work....but mivec is not that bad right?

heefmy

Nov 24, 2004
cheras
mivec is RPM control to open the valve.....u need the mivec dashboard meter to fit in all the wiring from ecu......then will nothing happen...my mech said mivec is so sensitive so better put the dashboard also.

my conversion cost.-
my ori is wira 1.8 sohc

-i buy halfcut for 3250 auto clocked at 57k(without oil leaking and lowest mil i had seen, but crash a bit at the battery part there, never the the engine la. without rear disc and tank, manual +1k

-install plus hybrid cost 3350.

-exhaust(y joint after flexible, 1 for straight pipe with valve control, 1 for original exhaust pipe) so i can close the valve then the car like original and i wan race i can open the valve, the sound like track car. scared JPJ ma.....so i don like that.

plus some meter and rsm, emange alsost 2k.

total 9k+

cyiliancypress

hi.... erm ... y dont u just buy turbo powered engine?? more powerfull and cost less.. my friendly and honest opinion is mivec not power lar.. better off turbo, now petrol expensive.. turbo save petrol... u can try find 4g61=mirrage engine, also 1.6, can register, well thats my 2 cent...

Pie_Wira_AB

Oct 28, 2005
turbo heh...aiya...i heard turbo suck more fuel what.....+ it's high maintainance...

spyderslr

Mar 1, 2004
cyiliancypress said:
hi.... erm ... y dont u just buy turbo powered engine?? more powerfull and cost less.. my friendly and honest opinion is mivec not power lar.. better off turbo, now petrol expensive.. turbo save petrol... u can try find 4g61=mirrage engine, also 1.6, can register, well thats my 2 cent...
IMHO tats not a very good engine to recommend mainly bcoz of its age....parts getting rare n the condition u get wun b very appealing......n btw, turbo saves petrol, so does NA....all depends on ur driving style lahh.....n its the 1st time i hear ppl recommend turbo coz it saves petrol....hahahahahahaha.....

Pie_Wira_AB

Oct 28, 2005
futher question!!!...what's MIVEC 1.6 top speed? and can any mivec owners post their conversion cost ??

gsrTurbo9166

Apr 23, 2005
hi bri pie
i try b4 200++
but my fren say that his try 220++ b4(mayb i scare to die)
hahaha
happy moding

hi guy...taken pic wit my hanfon on my engine bay...hope tis will help on those who wan2 diy n cut down cost 2 mod their baby...

1.get CAI hose from our mister stanley aka ninja_iga
2.take out the fuse box...
3.jack up ur car...(4 easy installation)
4.remove the plastic..(mudguard?daun pisang?)
5.remove the U-Hose from the daun pisang area....
6..connect the 3" CAI hose to the fog lamp....
7.4 the heat shiel...just go 2 a hardware shop n get alluminium
8.make the heat shiel round....coz i...