Mivec Club

AllaNCkL

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
with mivec piston will get more compression than 92 sohc piston..... get better torque at low end....
but u need to get proper ignition tuning to eliminate knocking issue....

B8 is 83mm piston....
I am very curious, 83mm piston setup it's safe for track use? Or just for street and sprint test ??
Any one can share the experience ...:adore:
now in market a lot of people also using mivec already convert 4G93 block , what the piston their using? but my friend tell me must compulsory using mivec type piston. because his car using 82mm mivec type piston also. dyno result torque 18 on wheel hp 175. tuning with blue emanage. izzit his using mivec type piston so will get better torque at low end ? don't have knocking issue.sometime weather warm will have a bit knocking sound.
other question is beside the piston , is there any different between 4G93 sohc block and 4G93 dohc block ? :hmmmm: thanks for the information :adore:

Last edited:

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
Bro, u forgot the intake manifold.... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

u hav to use the bottom end part from the 1.8 block.... cond-rod, crankshaft.
u can use the mivec piston or 1.6 sohc piston ....
but u need to take care the heat cause by the high compression engine....
haha. correct! i forgot about that.

catan

Known Member
Jul 2, 2004
Png
Visit site
now in market a lot of people also using mivec already convert 4G93 block , what the piston their using? but my friend tell me must compulsory using mivec type piston. because his car using 82mm mivec type piston also. dyno result torque 18 on wheel hp 175. tuning with blue emanage. izzit his using mivec type piston so will get better torque at low end ? don't have knocking issue.sometime weather warm will have a bit knocking sound.
other question is beside the piston , is there any different between 4G93 sohc block and 4G93 dohc block ? :hmmmm: thanks for the information :adore:
proper tuning will reduce the knocking problem....

82mm piston can get extra 46cc =1880cc ... so the torque will increased...
But to re-bore the block need to have good machine shop to get it done.... and the good balancing job done...

i heard some one said sohc and dohc block only the balancing RPM range from the factory was different.... Dohc had higher rpm range than sohc...... i'm not sure ....
So far i used the sohc block more than 3 year with stock bearing .... can rev up to 9k rpm ..with out problem...
until i burnt i at the track day ....:biggrin::biggrin:
so we need at a set good bearing .... ACL or KING race bearing.....

matshah

500 RPM
Jul 11, 2008
its been 2yrs my mivec not running after being 'conned' by few mechanics.now in gtauto my last hope they can setup my 4 throttle and make my dream comes true..:mad::mad:

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
currently i'm using stock mivec ecu in my 93mivec setup. now looking for good piggyback. what do u guys think about v-manage? heard somewhere that it can only control the valve timing. what about other such as fuel, air, ignition map?

keanenexus

Sep 22, 2006
I'm using E-manage blue. It can adjust mivec lifting , air , fuel . I managed to gain extra 15 % whp from my 93mivec. Better acceleration , better fuel consumption and better high end. The carf was much more lighter after installing blue emanage. :love:done it at Millenium Motorsport Asia in sunway. recommended :)

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

But to re-bore the block need to have good machine shop to get it done.... and the good balancing job done...

i heard some one said sohc and dohc block only the balancing RPM range from the factory was different.... Dohc had higher rpm range than sohc...... i'm not sure ....
So far i used the sohc block more than 3 year with stock bearing .... can rev up to 9k rpm ..with out problem...

Bro Catan , 82mm = 1880cc ?
if 83mm pistons equals to ?
thanks.

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
thx for the info bro. at first i wanna go for emanage but then i saw a new type of piggyback system from greedy which called v-manage. just wanna collect some infos about this stuff. quite interested with v-manage but i scare if v-manage can only alter the valve timing and lifting but not all such as air fuel ratio and ignition. can someone help?

thanx!

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
i gt 1 emanage blue on my hand now bro...... with hardness.... sms me through 0146811449 if u interested... if u wan fully control instead of a/f and ignition, i have afc neo which can control mivec also... tq

catan

Known Member
Jul 2, 2004
Png
Visit site
I'm using E-manage blue. It can adjust mivec lifting , air , fuel . I managed to gain extra 15 % whp from my 93mivec. Better acceleration , better fuel consumption and better high end. The carf was much more lighter after installing blue emanage. :love:done it at Millenium Motorsport Asia in sunway. recommended :)

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Bro Catan , 82mm = 1880cc ?
if 83mm pistons equals to ?
thanks.
1880+46=1926cc

AllaNCkL

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

:driver: u also have join the track day at sepang? now i'm using 1.6 mivec , knocking sound very kuat , i not dare to track day , scare spoil engine :bawling: so what type piston u using now? izzit is mivec type? which crankshaft u using 4G93 1 or stock mivec 1 ? and now i using 7035 ecu rechip with ralliart chip , vafc 1 and sitc , when i convert 93mivec with this few item for tuning enough or not ? i need to change emanage again for tuning my 93mivec? which type ACL bearing ? izzit is ACL race series bearing (bronze colour packing) ? this bearing is under my list for convert my 93mivec.:proud: sorry for disturb and ask so many question,just need more information for convert my 93mivec. thank you.... :adore:

catan

Known Member
Jul 2, 2004
Png
Visit site
:driver: u also have join the track day at sepang? now i'm using 1.6 mivec , knocking sound very kuat , i not dare to track day , scare spoil engine :bawling: so what type piston u using now? izzit is mivec type? which crankshaft u using 4G93 1 or stock mivec 1 ? and now i using 7035 ecu rechip with ralliart chip , vafc 1 and sitc , when i convert 93mivec with this few item for tuning enough or not ? i need to change emanage again for tuning my 93mivec? which type ACL bearing ? izzit is ACL race series bearing (bronze colour packing) ? this bearing is under my list for convert my 93mivec.:proud: sorry for disturb and ask so many question,just need more information for convert my 93mivec. thank you.... :adore:
I will join open track day twice a year.... the next is my 4th trip, will be fall on 24-Oct-10.. :driver:

i'm using stock 93sohc block+mivec 81mm piston + ACL Duraglide bearing....

VAFC + SITC that enough for 92 or 93 mivec eady.... our ex-mivec club member used these two toys to tuned out a 16xWhp and 18Kg-m 1.8mivec... can search the VID at youtube ..:biggrin:

It might be ur ignition timing problem... since u have rallyart chip + SITC tuning will causing too advance ignition timing induce the knocking problem?? But need to check with the tuner for the ignition setting ....
you know our fuel grade not good as japan RON100 fuel ..... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

And also have other issue can cause the knocking problem ... too many carbon build inside the chamber; cooling system not enough; plug heat range; A/Fuel ratio lean, O2 sensor faulty; and low grade fuel .... :rofl: "Heat" was the main reason to cause knocking..... try to search at google, u will get alot of info about it... :burnout:

Just don't get knocking problem at WOT that safe la.....

Don't forget to upgrade your injector as well .....

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
hi bro catan. usually how much hp mivec 1.8 can produce with the help of emanage blue for example? currently my mivec 1.8 is quite stock. no modification on the cylinder head. just high compression piston, 81mm in size.

catan

Known Member
Jul 2, 2004
Png
Visit site
hi bro catan. usually how much hp mivec 1.8 can produce with the help of emanage blue for example? currently my mivec 1.8 is quite stock. no modification on the cylinder head. just high compression piston, 81mm in size.
i think piggyback + campulley adjust with proper tuning.... can get 15xwhp above should be no problem.... :hmmmm::hmmmm:
I'm not sure .... need u to find out and prove it .....:biggrin:

keanenexus

Sep 22, 2006
i think it's time for another mivec TT session , so all bros can come out and share knowledge with each others . :) Anyone going to cyberjaya MUSC drag 9 this coming saturday ? we can meet there and hv a TT session ?