Mivec Club

BlueSamurai

Known Member
Jun 21, 2006
2nd gen MIVEC has a revised GB and many more
Yet still the B16A pawns it on 3rd
Not really keen on finding B16A to wack.. If wanna wack vtec, just buy 1 GSR or Evo halfcut transfer everything over; anything also can wack.

Just wanna build a 1.6 Mivc for everyday driving. and still can have fun when the mood hits me. As mentioned, i am currently running a 1.3L Sohc setup. Just want to know if 1.6NA Mivec is justifiable. Wait spend all that $$ find power n feel not satisfactory... then might as well have spent all that $$ on gsr or evo engine conversion u know wad i mean.

I would be happy if i can get close to the stock output of a B16A. Driven a stock B16A before. Like the feeling.

Last edited:

jeffy

Feb 1, 2009
Looking for Mivec CK Head(Non-RS)
Pls PM If u have any for sale.

Thanks

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
need some help here.

currently i upgraded my stock mivec tb to super90 70mm tb. now i have a problem. everytime when i let the car idle, my idle become unstable and then the engine stall. why is that? can anyone guide me on ways to eliminate this problem. thx in advance :)

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Mivec sifu
I have a question. To increase performance on 1.6 4G92 1st Gen mivec .... Can i turn the distributor? I heard this can increase power. How about 1.8 mivec hybrid with sohc piston.?
Cos I notice the distributor can be adjusted.:hmmmm:

catan

Known Member
Jul 2, 2004
Png
Visit site
need some help here.

currently i upgraded my stock mivec tb to super90 70mm tb. now i have a problem. everytime when i let the car idle, my idle become unstable and then the engine stall. why is that? can anyone guide me on ways to eliminate this problem. thx in advance :)
its feel like high cam inside ???? hahahaha
it can be air leaking some where....

Or the t/body had switch call "throttle closed switch" not adjust properly ......

http://www.mivec.co.nz/forums/download/file.php?id=548

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Mivec sifu
I have a question. To increase performance on 1.6 4G92 1st Gen mivec .... Can i turn the distributor? I heard this can increase power. How about 1.8 mivec hybrid with sohc piston.?
Cos I notice the distributor can be adjusted.:hmmmm:
a little bit should be no problem la.... too much will become no power ...

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
its feel like high cam inside ???? hahahaha
it can be air leaking some where....

Or the t/body had switch call "throttle closed switch" not adjust properly ......

http://www.mivec.co.nz/forums/download/file.php?id=548

thx for the feedback catan. the s90 tb doesnt have the throttle closed switch like oem mivec tb. so, any idea on how to control it? this prob only occurred when i let my car idle for a long time. then the rev become unstable.

catan

Known Member
Jul 2, 2004
Png
Visit site
thx for the feedback catan. the s90 tb doesnt have the throttle closed switch like oem mivec tb. so, any idea on how to control it? this prob only occurred when i let my car idle for a long time. then the rev become unstable.
u can use the t/body position sensor for GTI, it have 4wire type... one of the wire is similar function as our mivec t/b closed switch. More easiest

or buy a N.Close type "limit switch" from the electrical shop, and mod it... Hav to DIY lo...... hahahah

This wire just need short to ground when the t/b at close state...

AllaNCkL

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi all the mivec kaki and sifu , need to ask 2 questions.

1.) if using racing flywheel 3.9kg have what effect and feeling ? This will increase BHP or TORQUE ? and have any side effect or feeling?

2.) Now i'm using full lock lsd , when i want to turn the car with low speed they got knocking sound , tok tok tok tok..... like that , i'm using TOTAL 85-90 GL-5 LSD gear oil now , any recommended to settle this problem?

Thank you....

Last edited:

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
got another question here. is there anyone here who use s90 tb? i think my s90 tb got problem... sometimes i feel that the tb stuck somewhere... don't know why. can anyone here tell me what's the reason?

thx in advance.

update: problem solved :P

Last edited:

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
anyone here use matspeed camshaft for mivec? any review? still can idle when turn ON the aircond? hope someone can answer this. thx in advance!

TimLang

Known Member
Jun 15, 2006
Hai to all sifu there, i have some noob questions. Anyone here ever diy install racing ecu chip? How is the process? Just replace and solder only the ecu chip? Any tuning need to be done? My ecu code is 7035 (Mivec CA4A).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey everybody,i'm siva..
literally a newbie here..i need help!
i have a iswara 1.3M and i wanna mod it for much more extra power
my budget is RM10k and i plan to keep it NA..i wanna keep the car as silent as possible also
please help
p.s,do state the shop i shall visit and the cost
i have thought of changing the engine mayne a 1.6 or 1.8,what do you guys recommend?
thank you in advance,your help is much appreciated!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience