Mivec 1.6 upgrade by stages. Anyone can help??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
i'm newcomer. i need advice
i have rm6k, it is enough to convert iswara to 4g91 or 4g92 full istallation and half cut part?
if anyone can help...plz tell where to find good half cut with good price..
plz help...maybe by sms...0193572965...:itsme:
should be jz sufficient for 4g91... 4g91 halfcut cost around rm4.5k...
fairly enough for 4g92p sohc with extras for overhaul or upgrade... 4g92p cost approx rm2.5k...

Havok_KiD

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
i'm newcomer. i need advice
i have rm6k, it is enough to convert iswara to 4g91 or 4g92 full istallation and half cut part?
if anyone can help...plz tell where to find good half cut with good price..
plz help...maybe by sms...0193572965...:itsme:
well bro 6k is just nice 4 a good 4g91 engine with installation...if u want u can pm me and we can talk about it....we do convertion for any engine...and do have alot contacts 4 halfcut engines

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
IMO If youre driving around town and want to make to engine more responsive or suitable in terms of daily driving then i would do the following below.
Check if piston rings is worn.
Ensure timing belts and seals is in good condition.
change extractor, perdana version mufflers (can be after markets)
intake manifold and air filters
Engine mountings to full bush
Good quality spark plugs
That should be just perfect, reliable, fuel efficiency, high revving response and low budget.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Why not just start with an intake an exhaust if youre really on a budjet? The car will breathe much easier with those 2 basic mods... :biggrin:

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
You can't really get buta buta 20HP out of that, you need management and etc to fine tune it as well
this is nice...:rofl: "Buta-buta".... thats hilarious yar....

Tar
r u a Rookie.. gotta understand that modding NA is Lots of money n little gains..

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
If you sure that is knocking sound then apparently the problem lies with fuel supply or engine compression setting...

if you are bad luck enough then a NA would cost you bomb too... like me... hoho

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
maintenance is cheaper since less parts involve... but to increase hp.. a lot you hv to spend for but gains are minimal..

catan

Known Member
Jul 2, 2004
Png
Visit site
Hi, i m new guy here, i have question, if 1.6mivec rojak with 1.8 block,why got knocking sound?
what piston used in the engine?

Any piggyback for the A/F and ignition tuning?

might be too high compression or lean a/fuel ratio......

joe2d

Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
To all the expert out there...
need your help... can anyone PM me for this modification upgrade stage by stage??
tq very much...
for N/A to supercharges...
From NA to supercharger? Stage by stage? ok let's simplify

1st stage
bolt on supercharger, roots type is cheaper & common but less compression, twin screw better compression but more expensive, centrifugal supercharger best max hp but less compression at lower revs. High flow air filter & 4-1 performance exhaust.

2nd stage
ECU, a/f controller, high volume fuel pump, pulley kit to control boost, intercooler.

3rd stage
Forged pistons, con-rod & crankshafts, performance cams, high volume fuel injectors.

For supercharger tuning, the valve timing is very crucial. Since intake pressure is higher than exhaust pressure in a supercharged engine, the boost might escape through exhaust valve if not properly tuned. This problem is usual on supercharged cars but not usual on turbo or na cars, cause turbo cars have high exhaust back pressure to balance the intake pressure while na engine isn't force compressed.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any reliable detailing/car polish shop in sungai petani,kedah area? i mean with really good work.....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience