Michelin ps3 215/45/17

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

hex999

Known Member
I am into semi performance, normally cruising and once in a while will tekan.
I also care about FC and most importantly grip. I never speed when raining so Im not really interested in wet grip tyres. My mom was using another version of michelin and it lasted quite long, up to 2 years, as i know michelin has good durability compared to other tyres if im not mistaken

So is michelin ps3 a good option? and anyone got lubang/contact for this tyres? I heard is around RM515 for one piece, can go any cheaper than that?

Last edited:
I am into semi performance, normally cruising and once in a while will tekan.
I also care about FC and most importantly grip. I never speed when raining so Im not really interested in wet grip tyres. My mom was using another version of michelin and it lasted quite long, up to 2 years, as i know michelin has good durability compared to other tyres if im not mistaken

So is michelin ps3 a good option? and anyone got lubang/contact for this tyres? I heard is around RM515 for one piece, can go any cheaper than that?

Your mom could be using a different model like XM1 which is more durable then PS3. PS3 is max performance therefore durability should be lower but then a lot depends on driving style, car setup, road conditions and so on.
For your size you can try GY F1 Asy 2 which should be slightly cheaper then PS3 and Made in Germany

Your mom could be using a different model like XM1 which is more durable then PS3. PS3 is max performance therefore durability should be lower but then a lot depends on driving style, car setup, road conditions and so on.
For your size you can try GY F1 Asy 2 which should be slightly cheaper then PS3 and Made in Germany

well if it's slightly cheaper, I would rather go for michelin, any of you got lubang for this tyre?

I always hear that its cheaper in klang and they call it kedai papan or something..

well if it's slightly cheaper, I would rather go for michelin, any of you got lubang for this tyre?

I always hear that its cheaper in klang and they call it kedai papan or something..

It is your choice.
Kedai Papan is:-
Hin Leong Tyre Services
134 & 136, Jalan Kapar
41400 Klang, Selangor
Tel: 03-3343 9100

if budget not an issue, i will always go for michelin..

For me, will study and pick the best money for value one.....
Well most of us do i guess, alot of people are saying that the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 is much better than ps3 if base on performance but well some say it has high wear and tear, its noisier than ps3.

I am preferring a bit of comfort and low wear and tear, if im wrong, I will certainly go for Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2.
What do you guys think? either ps3 or Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 would be a better setup? In my point of view, i would go for longer lasting cause im not the type who will take high speed corners daily, maybe once in a while and prefer quieter tyre and better quality.. really stuck in making my decision.

Last edited:
Well most of us do i guess, alot of people are saying that the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 is much better than ps3 if base on performance but well some say it has high wear and tear, its noisier than ps3.

I am preferring a bit of comfort and low wear and tear, if im wrong, I will certainly go for Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2.
What do you guys think? either ps3 or Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 would be a better setup? In my point of view, i would go for longer lasting cause im not the type who will take high speed corners daily, maybe once in a while and prefer quieter tyre and better quality.. really stuck in making my decision.

I am on one set of Asy 2 now in my turbo ride. Have not tried PS3 because more expensive. I have members on PUG 308 who prefer the Asy 2 over PS3, in fact they say is quieter and more comfort.
I have another member on PS3 in a MPV who actually wanted to try Asy 2 but it does not come in 55 series. He mention PS3 is fast wearing in his MPV.
Asy 2 is Made in Germany and PS3 from Thailand. Some bigger sizes from EU also.
If your priorities are comfort and quiet then Yoko Advan V551, BS GR-90 or even Toyo C-1S can be looked at. If into Michelin then the Primacy LC. These are comfort performance tyres

I am on one set of Asy 2 now in my turbo ride. Have not tried PS3 because more expensive. I have members on PUG 308 who prefer the Asy 2 over PS3, in fact they say is quieter and more comfort.
I have another member on PS3 in a MPV who actually wanted to try Asy 2 but it does not come in 55 series. He mention PS3 is fast wearing in his MPV.
Asy 2 is Made in Germany and PS3 from Thailand. Some bigger sizes from EU also.
If your priorities are comfort and quiet then Yoko Advan V551, BS GR-90 or even Toyo C-1S can be looked at. If into Michelin then the Primacy LC. These are comfort performance tyres

Well im starting to change my mind about ps3, after doing some research, I notice that the ps3 is more to confort, however the PSS is sports orientated.

- www.michelin.com.my

Anyone knows the current pricing of PSS? tried calling the kedai papan but no answer,
I guess i might be going for the good year cause its really value for money.
And thanks for your comments bro, your advice really opened my eyes :D

many of my friends were recommending MY01 and ps3, after doing some research, many stated that the Asy 2 is much better in all aspects. Saw many forums said PSS is better than Asy 2 but its too expensive.

Well im starting to change my mind about ps3, after doing some research, I notice that the ps3 is more to confort, however the PSS is sports orientated.

Anyone knows the current pricing of PSS? tried calling the kedai papan but no answer,
I guess i might be going for the good year cause its really value for money.
And thanks for your comments bro, your advice really opened my eyes :D

many of my friends were recommending MY01 and ps3, after doing some research, many stated that the Asy 2 is much better in all aspects. Saw many forums said PSS is better than Asy 2 but its too expensive.

You can forget about PSS, as the smallest size according to Michelin website is 245/40R18.
Whether one tyre is better then the other depends also on the car and setup. In tyre reviews that I have read one tyre can come out top and in another test some where in the middle and that depends on the size tested also.
Best to gauge is that the tyre tested comes out most of the time at the top, or even if from forum members review should always be more positive. If there are a lot of negative for sure it is bad already....

Well... all those above is not counted value for money, if value for money go for nexen n6000.

Well... all those above is not counted value for money, if value for money go for nexen n6000.

Money for value does not mean the tyres to be cheap but with reasonable performance too.
N8000 maybe be a notable candidate, but N6000 more for comfort not performance

Alright i think i made up my mind, I am going to try the good year Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 instead of michelin ps3, do you guys think this is a wise decision ?

Goodyear Asy 2 got a lot of good reviews online, wanted to try it the other day cos plan to buy 17" rims, in the end just stick back to 15" cos the rear 595 rsr on the car i'm buying still got abt 60-70% thread left, feel kinda wasted to trade in..hehe

Goodyear Asy 2

RM475 per tyre, im planning to change all 4, RM1900 is this a good deal?

215-45-17

hupshun tyre.

Trying to get the best deal,
what other factors i must know before buying the tyre?

Goodyear Asy 2 got a lot of good reviews online, wanted to try it the other day cos plan to buy 17" rims, in the end just stick back to 15" cos the rear 595 rsr on the car i'm buying still got abt 60-70% thread left, feel kinda wasted to trade in..hehe

That one is extreme tyre, but wet not good.........

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Goodyear Asy 2

RM475 per tyre, im planning to change all 4, RM1900 is this a good deal?

215-45-17

hupshun tyre.

Trying to get the best deal,
what other factors i must know before buying the tyre?

factor is free rubber valves, free alignment and whether can pay by credit card without charges added.
Counter check with Klang Prices...

Quicksave cheaper mou?..

Yeah, i drive slow slow only when the road is wet..hehe

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom