Methanol Injection System

shaharel

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
Dear Sifu2 semua,

I'm currently studying to DIY this injection system. Have anybody tried this system before in 2ZZ? I'm running NA. How's the performance like?

Do It Yourself Water Alcohol Methanol Injection | Parts List

Here you can find the materials. Luckily I'm instrument engineered background and all the items mentioned I can find easily in the market. So I'm going to this DIY. But still want to know if the performance is impressing or not as I do not want to waste my time with thing that does not performed as expected. After doing this, then only I'm going to advance more the ignition timing.

Any feedback??? Or any had tried snow performance or devil's own kit??

ir1z

Known Member
Oct 29, 2008
if not mistaken barb/dr wong last time used the snow performance one. But unsure.

shaharel

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
yes.. through intake pipe just after the air filter

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
yo.... I was using Devil's Own system.... top of the range with MAF controller, solonoid, one way pressure valve and return line...... using a 200psi pump.....

running on 50/50 water/methanol mixture.... gained 10whp from it and reduced knock and air temp significantly.... but... this is when I was supercharged.... it won't help you much or may even cause you to lose some horsie if you run in on NA.......

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
not advised for N/A engines...

my fren lost 10HP on his Wira 1.5 GLi...

my 2 cents!

Last edited:

shaharel

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
looks like have to KIV this project.. huhu..
thought can advance more timing after installing this since engine colder.. but then no good review so far, so just KIV 1st lah..

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
you will gain some horsie if you have aftermarket ecu/piggy back by advancing the timing and also running leaner..... water/methanol itself without tuning will coz you to lose power....

shaharel

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
that is what I'm talking about advancing the ignition timing.. I have it piggy back long time already (e-manage). If this really help on the performance, so I can continue my project.. :driver:

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
it will help..... why dun you do a project on nitrous instead?? I love it...... instant additional 75whp!!

shaharel

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
Nitrous hard to DIY lah.. Have to study 1st. Nitrous better buy siap one lar.. Dangerous la if wrongly built.. but this one simple, so should be ok to build our self.

The nitrous how much ah if one time refill?

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
nitrous refill used to be RM180... now dunno how much already.....

meth/water injection is dangerous also lah.... you risk hydrolock if you dun do it properly.... risk engine damage due to knock if your system fail...... risk meth poisoning if some stupid idiot drank the meth....

shaharel

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
haha.. agree with you on health hazard if someone stupid drank it. methanol is part of alcohol mah.. so can get high lar.. haha

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
the alcohol human consume is ethanol..... different.... methanol is poisonous if consumed..... I like the smell of methanol though.... slurp.....

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi! Sifu i managed to install my apexi rsm into my car! But My car wire link still running 1.6auto! But i change to manual gb now my apexi was able running the rpm but the speed it show 0 n not running! Later i sent my car to a accessories work shop but the guy say i was tapping correct n the charges me rm50 to check it but the end this guy say my this type car was running speed cable so they cant fix it! So sifu here can solve my problem where can i tap the speed wire the my apexi rsm...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience