Mercedes Kaki..

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Hey Port!!

On your car, I understand what you mean. There have been people who have kept their current engine but just wants abit more power. All the c classes which says C230, C200, they're all just 1.8 with kompressors that's all (the new C classes). The kompressor just gives the power of the said series that's all. You want to keep your car but just get some power out of it. Superchargers or small turbos would be the best bet. DOn't need those damn powerful turbo, but something which would just give enough kick. I don't know how much it would cost but you could always inquire. Keep the car dude, cause you know it inside out and am sure there's some attachment to it like I with my car. I refuse to sell it no matter what cause I know it inside out and am trying to make it a better car. Go to that site below, some guy moded his car, even tho it's a 2.4 190E, point is he just needed adequate power and put in a supercharger. Who said you can't mod a 190E standard engine?
http://mb190.tripod.com/readers/Blair.html

OR a cool option would be to get a C class half cut and put it in. The Kompressor models. They're 1.8 with adequate power. Cost? I don't know but these are just suggestions. Some guy put in a C36 engine into a 190E, am sure you could put in a C class engine into yours, besides the C200 and C230 are 1.8s!! But with some work that's all. For all you know, you could get a damn good mileage out of it. JPJ approval wouldn't be a problem since both cars are 1.8 litres. This way you'd get a new engine, same litre and more power!! Executive Sports sedan? Oh yeah babe that's the way!

In buying a half cut for mercs, this is a note for everyone else as well, try your best to negotiate on the price. A friend of mine spent almost 20k on an engine which I can get from 5 - 8k. He bought it from Stuttgart, it's an insane pricey place!!

Great idea to stay away from Proton dude!! I had a wira. Badnews!! Re-occurring problems. In fact got used to have another 2 at home! Rattles after 1 year, window rosak, bearing problems almost every year!!

Portalese

Known Member
Feb 14, 2005
Puchong
Visit site
fuiyohhh...nass...thanks...now i got another option...c class kompressor engine!!!
in that way my mum wont have a prob with it liao as she hates goverment paperwork...but the budget still...errr...sigh...anyway...thanks very much...

xpression bro...LOL...not that i dont want to keep the car nicely...itz because the car is not mine...i already having prob to take care of my wira...so the 190e is left to my mum...actually i feel damn heartbreak also seeing the car kena squeeze kao kao as a working horse...thatz why i'm taking care of it now...

well...since i already finish with some basics of the chassis...my mum suggest that we should look for some nice leather interior...any idea???
LOL...i'm dreaming of black leather interior like the M3...LOL...

another thing is...yesterday i went to visit a chop shop near my place...the door panels is not looking good...plus...they dont even have 2.3-16v...and they are quoting me 7.5k for 2.0...damnit...i feel like vomit blood again...i guess i will shop mun lee in puchong on weekend and see what treasure i can grap...

Portalese

Known Member
Feb 14, 2005
Puchong
Visit site
LOL...then pm me...i need to discuss with my mum also...
but still prefer some 1.8 engines...coz my mum dont want those jpj paperwork and duit kopi...=P

black leather sounds wicked???how come???i thought black interior represents exclusivity and sporty at the same time???especially with titanium trimmings or carbons???=P

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Hiya Port,

Well just go to those halfcuts and check it out!! And let us know on it too!! Everyone's learning from each other's experience. heh!! If it costs let's say around 5 - 8k just to change it to the newer engine hey it's worth it! Remember, key word here is bargain!

Black interior is, to me that is, executive style and sports alright. Personally I prefer beige as it looks cosier and roomier. Will aim for that later on. But yeah black's nice. Wanted black at first too!!Look in most mercs of today, most are dark coloured interior. I've seen a black 190E with beige interior, damn nice!

Hey show some pics of your car!!

Someone mentioned something about an engine am going to buy? :baring_teeth: KIDDING!!!

Portalese

Known Member
Feb 14, 2005
Puchong
Visit site
hey nass...

but my quote was 7.5k for a merely 2.0 engine...not that worthy i think...plus...doesnt have that much of cash right now...well...dont worry...i will still visit those shops on and off and would let u guys know...LOL...

show my car???errr...quite embarrasing...the interior is cracked and the leather has odour as i told u guys...somemore the paint had been "dropping" like pieces at the boot and the bonnet has big patch of heat mark...maybe after i repaint it brabus black first...=P...thatz my next move...

oh yeah...beige color is nice...especially it gives u the feel of sitting in your house sofa...hehe...and i prefer beige with shiny pine wood...oh man simply temptating...especially after i discover how nice the beige interior is in toyota soarer or lexus sc430...

xpression...hey...maybe that guy got another spare engine that i would look into???actually the reason i chose black besides it looks coll is...it doesnt look as dirty as others if itz stainted with dirt of something...and the worst nightmare for me is...gal's period!!!(ps: hey...i'm a guy...)

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Problem with doing the engine first is this, doing up any engine takes a damn alot of money. Cost even more than doing up body work. But depends on what you going to do. Like my car, it's in a bad condition, so direction is? Make the car street presentable first then do the engine. Engine performance I want to go for maybe cost less than 20k. That's expensive! Maybe less, I do not know, So in the mean time? I still drive with a car that has no aircond? Has dents everywhere? Told myself to make it streetable and long distance enabled. Point is, depends on what you want to do. either a car mod or performance? Since in this issue it isn't performance, do whatever you can first then the engine. If the engine is still in a running condition then do that later. Doing up the engine first is a great idea but if no money then do what can be done first. Like making the car presentable. If the mechanic is good, there should not be any scratches. But of course not those ulu or kampung mechanics lah. Since this is a daily driver car, do whatever you can. If suspension rosak, fix that. If the body's dented fix that as well. As long as the engine's running then should be alright.

Colour is very subjective, yes black you can see dirt easily, other colours you can see the dirt stick. Black maybe you can just wipe it off in the mean time But with a lighter colour, You can see those funny black stuff stuck on your car. Different types of colours have it's pros and cons. Friend bought a bluish silver car cause he said black easily dirty, but with a lighter coloured car you can see funny stains as well. At least with dirt or dust you can clean them easily. Yes I prefer Black. BWAHAHAHHAAH!!!

7.5k for an engine is alright. If you can try and bargain as much as you can. But what engine is that anyway? Give some specs.

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Hey Port,

If you're talking about a 2litre original 190E engine then the price is too high.

Portalese

Known Member
Feb 14, 2005
Puchong
Visit site
x-pression,

wow man...then i must be damn "lucky" to get that period stain...i hate it...althought i washed it with tonnes of febrez sort of...but still leave a brown and rough-feeling patch on my wira seat...damnit...

ehhh...ur rear ori leather seats...meaning ur front seat...:-S...recaro ahhh???=P

the car u drove is it toyota chaser or aristo or lexus gc something???but is chaser cant be lehhh...ppl using 1jzge...2.5t in supra lehhh...

nass,

i second to u on that interior matters...black is vulnerable to grey dust and powders only...but lighter color ones are like easily get stained by most dirty stuff...even ur sweat...

yeah...7.5k for ori 190e 2.0...expensive yeah...kena potong liao...
but last weekend i went to puchong mun lee asked for the same engine...man they quoted me 5.5k only...wtf?!?!?

now i know those "si lai" aunties are those damn brilliant shoppers who compare prices from stall to stall...LOL...

justin,

LOL...i'm looking for pure bred engine also...thatz why still insist on benz engine...if i dont care bout the originality i already drop in japs engine...

using the ori engine had been difficult to me man...this car is originally a limousine in germany and somemore my mum used it as business vehicle...so u how how heavy duty was it...thatz why to get rid of probs and start a whole new chapter...i prefer a new engine...

by the way...i'm not those guys whoz typical petrol head who wants ponies like therez the more the merer...what i want is a car with 8kg/hp statistic...meaning with my weight and things in car...a 190e can weight up to 1.8k...which means i need around 225hp only...for a such big capacity i dont think i'm having problem with na upgrades too...

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Hey guys,

225 from an NA is quite alot yeah. Even for my 2.5-16v 204 is still considered heaven! But hey, you want that much? Go for those C class 1.8 Kompressor engines. Even tho you cannot get 225, at least the power would be much more than the 190E 1.8

Yo Just!! Engine conversions are cool! Shelby but in a Mustang engine inside the Shelby Cobra. see what happened? Now he's a living legend!! I've seen C class C42 W202 put in C55 engines from W203. Awesome bro!! Point is? If the engine is not worth keeping, why not upgrade it? Why have standard when you can have better?

CHEERS!!

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Mr X

Just wanted to tell you I met your father the other day. Couldn't get you on line ANYWAYS he has a cool steering wheel. Not the one I wanted because I didn't this one existed but told him will take it! The one I was looking for was a 124 leather but this is still good!

Thanks!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

okie dokie...

we all know that there's a lot of acc. meter for that racer looks, so i really like to know how it works?, why we needs it? and the benefit of it? by having these meters other than eye candy purpose...

1. thaco - ok, i know this are for rpm (any other pupose?)
2. volt meter - purpose and benefit?
3. water temp - is it for the radiator ah?
4. vacumm - heard it is for pressure in engine (true ah?) why ah?
5. any other meter that u know (good explenation r welcome from all pros)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience