• Mazda RX-8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honda CR-Z

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The only reason why I still keep my rx8 in stead of buying a CRZ is purely due to the FR setup on rx8. If crz has a rear wheel drive system, I'll trade in my car for it.

Power wise, rx8, crz, ft86 and etc all no need to compare. The summary is only 1 word - SLOW. Need at least a turbo kit in order to make it able to see the brake light of a sport cars for another 20 seconds before exhaust smoke also cannot smell.

Design wise, non of any stock car is consider nice before aftermarket bodykit installed (at least a lip). But for rx8, it does have a advantage for having 4 doors, where you can install full bucket seats and don't need to struggle for rear passenger in/out.

Maintenance wise, as long as not sending to the so call 3S center of official serbis center, the cost will be at least 50% cheaper. Basically you can say almost no different.

CRZ is still new and you don't know what will happen after 2-3 years. Who knows the balancing board for the battery somehow dead and leave some cells over discharge and cause over heat then start a fire while you take a quick nap on the highway (there are lipofe4 cell burnt although its design is not gonna start a fire in most condition). Only time can tell.
If CR-Z is from proton, i surely wont buy. From Honda I guess we can always
rest assure that their cars will always come together with the word 'Quality' :biggrin:

RX-8 or CR-Z, is very subjective on which one to choose. Up to individual preference...
If an uncle drives a CR-Z, 1st thing in my mind is, driving son's car ar? :biggrin:

If want a FR car, I rather pick RX-7:rolleyes:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Forte Koup? body is even slightly heavier than 4 Door Forte...Unless u get the 2.4 SX model Koup :biggrin:

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Realistically, you are better off with the crz. This is because RX8 suffers from a lot of problems such as electic power steering failure, in which case the steering will decide to turn the car by itself and leave you fighting to keep it in the direction you want it to go. Another problem is the secondary air pump failure, which causes the CEL to come on.

apek beca

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I was just the same last time & never think outside of the box.
Got extra cash to spend?

Go for a Volkswagen...
Don't go for POLO. It's too small... Go for Jetta, Golf.
It's 1.4TSI. That's a twin charged engine. 5 years warranty.

Go for a test drive & U when test it U don't have to be kind to the car.
Pick route that U try out. Ask the salesman if it's okay. Best to have a stopping point in between. Eg: Toll
Drive "D" gears to the toll house & after paying toll shift to "S".

When U comes down surely U'll pull out ur cheque book.
After U've got the car & if you're really a speed devil then join & read at Audi & VW mods forums... plenty of it.
Safety comes 1st... If you're playing with this kind of cars.

I own a VW Jetta only, if you're coming from behind car would mostly give way to U.
In a CIVIC even a FD2R... Most drivers just sees it as a Japanese car.

Something to poison U, compare the specs:
FD2R: FD2 Honda Civic Type R Specs
1.4TSI Golf/Jetta: Prices & Technical Specifications > Price and Tech Specs > Jetta > Models > Volkswagen Malaysia
Mazda 8: http://www.mazda.com.my/getdoc/d0d7c688-f553-404c-8a79-0d5f68bd4cef/RX-8.aspx

***U gotto do abit of math to get the accurate count
U comparing CR-Z in the list ar... Wanna smell smoke also "E-LEK PHOR CHIK"

1 good thing about VW is that there's alot of stuffs that's plug & play.
Buy it plug & use it till U are driving it into a service center. Just find a regular repair shop to replace all the parts before driving into a service center. Bro... service is 15k once only... YUP... 15k.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

need ur help,i planing to diy overhaul my engine,anybody can tell me the step following and need as wat tools?as i know is torque wrench,clip plier...and wat?
the crankshaft pully should be dismantle at first?
thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience