mazda astina 1.6 1992 vs. proton satria 1.3

sengasdf

Known Member
Feb 18, 2007
Kajang
I have drove astina for 3years already, car already aged at 20 next year. So far nothing much problem, just wear and tear, power windows work until now also no problem. Just the spare part is more expensive and harder to find compare to satria. Crusing on highway is stable, you won't feel much float. The best thing is the handling, you will like it =) just my 2 cent

joshualee

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i own a mazda astina too... maintain it well, d 1.6 engine can take me to around 180km/h... stable and solid body... fuel consumption also not bad... full tank can go around 380-400km.... =) great car... mazdaspeed!!! save more money and convert it to b8 turbo 210... by that time, u dont even wanna sell ur car... =)

fordlegend

Feb 22, 2009
Bro. I am using a 1991 ford laser tx3 1.8, a distant cousin of the astina.My car has genuine 520k kms on it.It still can & is doing up to 200 km per hour once a week on my daily weekend drives.Engine never opened up before.All still ori from alternator,gearbox,valve seals....only normal maintenance like engine oil,oil filter,plugs etc.Parts slightly expansive but worth every penny.Have driven many cars like perdana v6,neo,wira 1.8,myvi,kenari,volvo 940,accord 2.2,latest camry,nothing comes close to its pick up,handling and best of all the view from the rear view mirror.....my advise,go for the astina....u can turn heads,low maintenance & probably problem free car ownership !!!!!!

joshualee

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
and when that 1.6 doesnt satisfy u by that time, go for the bpt... by then u will love it...
fordlegend... ur laser all stock can reach 200?? thats amazing..mine only can reach 180...

darkdevilrey

Sep 10, 2008
my astina still kicking and spinning wheel everytime i pump full petrol.
so far so good.
like other forumer said, a little of maintenance from here to there to cope the wear and tear component.

my astina is 1990.so its a 21th birthday this year.
still satisfied after drove for 3 years.
you can feel the real different when your hand is tight ( eg.6-10k budget )
you can either choose astina , iswara, or wira.
parts maybe a little expensive which is close to waja 1.6 price generally.
but it worth every penny cause the parts mostly japan made, last longer.

:)

joshualee

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
My Astina 20 years on the road (2011) still in good condition.. 1.6 carburetor still can push 180km/h.. what do you think?? =) spare parts actually if u know the right person to find, shouldn't be a problem.. but to be honest.. The parts can last really long.. invest in fixing d car well, it could last 3-4 years or even more.. My car just came back from Kg Gajah Perak.. Killerbees trackday.. cruising around 140km/h.. through and flow.. full tank can go around 600++ km on d highway.. Great car.. =)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all ,
recently i had my colt mirage a156 (1979) transplant to 4g91 carb , but it did save me any fuel , so i am thinking bout convert 4g91 carb to 4g91 injection ,
so i went on to study & research about the ECU , however i still hv about 10 pin-out on the ecu that i can't find the discription (function) . now i need help from u guys to help me , did anyone of u hv the 4g91 pin-out diagram ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience