Mazda 323 BF

B6T-R

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
anyone with a BF chasis using coilovers???...any offset problems with the rims???...

abbiey

May 11, 2004
I'm using coilover (locally custom made GAB with front 32 setting (soft/hard) monotube design / Rear hi/lo only) on my BF actually KE (ford laser 86') wif B6T engine inside. Sorry I dunno about my rim offset what so ever...... the coilover is plug & play so i dun have to play wif my rim offset.

ABie.

B6T-R

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
in using the coilover for the rear the spring seat will be sitting lower then the OEM absorber spring seats...OEM spring seats are fixed and it's normally above the wheels right...so the coilover seats will be in the way of the rims/tyres...are you using spacers for the rear wheels for the rims to clear the springs???...the BG does not have this problem...only the BF...???...i hope you understand what i'm getting at...

B6T-R

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
by the way...heard you got a pretty fast B6 dude...can be FASTER!!!...need anything else for your car...have some old stuff to sell...double spring clutch cover w centreforce disc, VF8, VR4 intercooler with 2" mandrel piping, AIC-2, EVC-2...???

SiGNAL

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Ya Mum's House
Visit site
B6T-R,

How come the coilover will hit the wheel? I thought adjustable coilovers dont have big spring seat like oem one, so shouldn't hit the wheels right? maybe i dont understand ur problem :P

abbiey

May 11, 2004
B6T-R,

Use shorter spring & longer thread for ur hi/lo so that u can adjust the spring seat closed to OEM position and ur car will still be lowered. The problem wif our (BF) absorber is it is longer compare to BG. For me I dun need any spacer for rear tyre.

I need forge pistons rite now...... nothing else. How much the price? I've got few quotation already...... but still not in hurry...... :D I've heard good review on Accrelite pistons so far...... :)

ABie.

B6T-R

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
abbie,

the problem is if i use shorter spring i have to use harder springs as well...though of that already and checked the spring rates...softest spring for 60 cm lenght is 7kg/mm...too hard for my liking...everyday driver lar...mine config now is 6kg/100mm front and 3.5 kg/150mm rear...just nice...

your B6 fully loaded car with management???...i'm only using the ceramic coated ones with 0.5 oversize...should be looking around for a set in time to come...check our www.importperformanceparts.net...they have a kit for the B6...

B6T-R

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
signal,

if your coilovers are short strokers i.e touring car specs then you may not have this problem...but if you're using a bit more of a street setup with more travel you will encounter the problem unless you do as abbie suggested with the shorter springs...but in doing so you'll get a much harder ride...if you look closely at the OEM struts the wheel clearance from the struts are not really much...the OEM spring seat is above the wheel...get the idea now...for the newer cars the absorbers are mounted to the lower arms where as the BF is mounted at the knuckles...hence the small clearance between the struts and the wheels...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello to all, do anyone know how big in diameter and wall thickness? of a standard FIA approve roll cage structural hollow tube. any experience and idea is appreciated. and how much it weights kgs. thank you for contributing.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience